Thread: Idea to maybe help save on gas?

andrea2289 is offline I might even start my Sunshining with a big bowl of Baskin-Robbins Chubby Hubby

I am still a pecker!

Default Idea to maybe help save on gas?

Ok so I was thinking 'where are all the places I could use a gift card for gas that are SR merchants'

Wal-Mart is the only one but we don't get cash back for gift cards - although thought be veeeeery nice

BUT you can buy gas cards on Ebay! They have tons of BIN listing for shell, Exxon, KROGER, Meijer!

One in particular is for Kroger for $333 buy it now for $320 - free shipping

You'd get the SR credit and be pre-paying for gas/groceries!

Just an idea...sorry if it's already been covered
    ANDREA - 5x SUPERMEBER
        Sunshine Rewards

Brilliant! I know what I'm doing when I get home.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

That's a great idea!

I just went to ebay to check out what kinds of cards are available and noticed many of the bids plus shipping went over the value of the card! What is that about? Am I missing something here? Why would someone pay more than the value of the card? Most only went over by a couple of dollars but I still don't get why someone would overpay? I know I must be missing something obvious but could someone please explain this to me?
    Debbie

andrea2289 is offline I might even start my Sunshining with a big bowl of Baskin-Robbins Chubby Hubby

I am still a pecker!

Many of them do but many of them don't. You have to do different searches.

"gift card'
    "sam's card"
    "walmart card"
    "gas card"
    "kroger card"

You get it...but if this becomes part of your daily ritual, chances are that you can always have a card for wherever it is you buy your gas/groceries, for me, that's Kroger. There are 3 for Kroger right now that are Buy-It-Now with free shipping.

This is something I will just always be on the lookout for now
    ANDREA - 5x SUPERMEBER
        Sunshine Rewards

I am still a pecker!

There are 39 of these cards available!

http://cgi.ebay.com/330-Kroger-Gift-...QQcmdZViewItem

If that doesn't work it is auction # 110250525170
    ANDREA - 5x SUPERMEBER
        Sunshine Rewards

I am still a pecker!

40 Available For Meijer

http://cgi.ebay.com/300-MEIJER-Gift-...QQcmdZViewItem

Auction # 160237997386
    ANDREA - 5x SUPERMEBER
        Sunshine Rewards

Oh gosh, Andrea, I didn't mean to question what you were saying - I hope it didn't come across like that! I did see some cards that would save me some money. I'm definitely considering getting one to cover our gas to drive to Florida this summer. Thank you for posting and getting my wheels turning!

I just happened to see some going for more than face value and couldn't imagine why people would do that? Seemed strange to me, so I thought I must be missing something?
    Debbie

I am still a pecker!

Quote Originally Posted by bartleby1 View Post
    Oh gosh, Andrea, I didn't mean to question what you were saying - I hope it didn't come across like that!
    LOL not at all! I am VERY easy going! I was actually really excited!!

Your right though, it some cases it doesn't make sense why people would pay MORE. Ebay never ceases to amaze me.

I live in KY where Kroger and Meijer are prety big, so for me, the auctions I posted above are great! But I also have seen Shell and Exxon cards too. Ebay is so funny though. One day there might not be anything and the very next there might be 50 new auctions, so if we just get into the habit of checking it, we could prepay and sometimes even save a little on gas/groceries and watch our SR accounts grow
    ANDREA - 5x SUPERMEBER
        Sunshine Rewards