Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: More Fraud Information

The freebie offers seem to be more of an issue if people do too many of them too closely together. It seems less about which ones you are doing and where. So you wouldn't want to do 25 freebie offers in a day--even if it was across multiple sites. You never want to do more than 10 in a day and maybe 25 in a week. TOPS.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Pulling out my fingers and toes so I can go count my freebie offers. Sorry just trying to add a little levity to a stressful situation.

ETA: Apparently I suck at this because I have never had more than 4 credit in one day LOL so no worries here.
    Last edited by jnorth1007; 06-14-2007 at 10:11 PM.
    Sunshine Rewards

Thanks for the info!
    Patti
    Photobucket
    wDisneySecrets.com Ticker

Sunshine RewardsPhotobucket

Oh wow, when it rains, it pours! That is some huge list and I'm guessing that isn't all either.

Thanks for keeping us updated!
    Debbie

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    What's really making my head hurt right now is that on top of all of this, people are cashing out like CRAZY! I think it is a combination of legitimate users worrying that this may mean that they won't get their money and fraudulent users trying to cash out before they get caught. So I am going to have to hold all cashouts right now until everything gets straightened out. We are now getting credits for Edmunds.com revoked. ARGH!

Just to give you an idea of how big this is, here are just two of the lists of offers impacted by the fraud:

4 Seasons
    Int'l Wine Cellars
    InboxDollars
    The Ultimate Financial Offer
    NPD - Speak your mind survey
    Gamefly
    Psychic Spell
    Acculotto
    2-Day Slim Down
    PermaSlim
    eAuctionTutor
    Robert Allen
    Video Professor Canada
    People PC
    The ScrapBook Club
    True.com
    Quick Books - Simple Business Kit
    Zoeta
    Auction Plus
    Bruce Berman
    Gmoney
    Essential Living Weight Loss
    Body Fit Pro
    - Classic Wine Selections
    - People PC
    - 20 Minute Facelift
    - Four Seasons Wine
    - Bidz.com
    - eAuction Success
    - eAuction Success International
    - Quickbooks Simple Business Kit
    - Scrapbook Club
    - Payday2go.com
    - Classmates.com
    - Creative Painting Bookclub
    - Woodworkers Bookclub
    - Campaign: [Email Submit] YourTopBrands - Free Apple TV
    - Campaign: YourTopBrands - Smoking Survey
    - Instant Grant Finder
    - Gevalia Coffee
    - Google Home Business Kit
    - Wines Across America

And each advertising company has its own list. I've gotten 5 lists today.

Essential Living Weight Loss is one I signed up for but never got credit. I really wanted to try it but they have only sent the sample. I never cancelled because I wanted to see how it worked for a couple of months. Sometimes it is the company although they won't admit it.
    Sunshine Rewards

Yeah. And like InboxDollars has the nerve to cancel money for "fraud" when they are a rewards site running the same offers that we are!! And we hardly ever got paid on the leads that we did send them. I pulled them after a week.

I'm definitely going to have to send a message out to the membership once I can wrap my brain around all of this tonight. I am so exhausted tonight. I've been in contact with a number of other rewards program owners and a lot of them are doing the same thing.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

And while we are on the subject of fraud, I know some of you may receive a letter from me about multiple accounts. If anyone has used your computer, or if you have used someone elses to log onto SR that uses it also for SR, it shows up as a duplicate and the advertisers are after us to cancel one of the accounts. They watch this very close. Sometimes we can get around it, sometimes we can't, just depending on how many times they have seen the duplicate from a computer. They are cracking down, so please, do not sign into SR on another members computer, even if its a sister, a mom, a cousin, a coworker, because they are catching these through the IPs. Just wanted to clarify why you may get a letter. I know this isn't intentional fraud, but we can't convince advertisers of this. Only one account per household is allowed.

Tricia!

I appriciate your site and all the hard work you do, and how fun you make your site.

Thank you
    Faith
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Proud to be SR member #3129

I did the psychic one. That one was a 24 hour trial, I believe. I did cancel about 14 hours after. I feel bad that I had to be a part of "fraud". I never thought of it that way. I guess if they offered the $$ for a trial, they knew the possiblity of cancellations. I guess I will stick to ones that I REALLY know I will like the services.

Sorry Tricia about all of this. I really wasn't trying to be criminal. Just trying to make a little money for our vacation....
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

Tricia,

I'm sorry you are going through this today. It's not fair to you when you run such a clean site. I hope things turn around.

On a side note.......I'm a little ticked about 1 on 1 Psychic. I don't know how they can say everyone cancelled quickly. The trial period was for ONE day. Morons! They didn't KNOW that people might cancel in a day?? Some psychics!!!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards