Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How have you been affected?

I really thought that was a good survey. Looking forward to seeing the results. I know I am browsing more online in diffeent stores and if I happen to see what I want and there is free shipping. I will go for it. I am also trying to make more stops on my way home from work so I do not have to go out later and use more gas.
    Sunshine Rewards
    "
    Jo

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

I am a huge ebay person. I have had like a purchase a day come through. But for me I see more shopping on the drugstore.com aspect.

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

I probably shop a little more online then I did before, but as long as the price and shipping are right. I am a bargain shopper, and having so many stores within 20 mins of me in all different directions it's not as big of a deal.
    BUT the first time in 2 yrs I've started paying attention to my driving habits and making practical choices in running errands with kids activities etc. Never thought much about it before, but the last two weeks I have and have actually gotten an extra day to day and half on my tank of gas.
    Sunshine Rewards

Good survey. Of course, since I discovered SR and cashback, I have been more interested in doing some shopping online! And in the last while, it occurred to me that it would be better to do online shopping at stores that aren't close enough to drive to on a regular basis - like Old Navy or Target. I see that I can get some things online that I can't find in the store anyway. And it is a little more convenient sometimes to just do a bit of shopping when kids are napping!
    The thing that gets me sometimes is the shipping costs, tho! On something I ordered for my parents from Target, the shipping was $32 - which was almost half the cost of the item - ouch. The item wasn't included in the free shipping that Target has for things often. If there's free shipping, or one low price, I like that best. Otherwise, paying a lot for shipping sort of seems to negate the money saved on gas, to me.
    I'm doing more online shopping, but I would have to say overall, that I am not spending any more than usual - important to stay within budget, esp. with food prices higher!

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.

Great survey I'm interested to see the results--I think if you are a working mom at lot of time convenience is most important. For me I already shop for groceries at night because it just don't have enough time.
    Michele
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

DisneyMa is offline I need to be moving, but I'm relaxing on SR!!

I am very curious to see the results. Personally, I don't shop a whole lot online right now because there just doesn't seem to be "extra" money in the budget. If I do need a purchase I will always look at SR to see if I can get $$ back for that purchase. Still with the gas going up I have cut back on other things (budget wise) to allow for the increase in gas.

On Sunday (Mother's Day) DH and I went out to do some window shopping. We went to our favorite Starbucks and bought two drinks. The barista (my favorite one) knows our drinks and made them with perfection!! He commented to DH that he hasn't seen us in a while, he thought we were on vacation!! VACATION?!!! I can barely afford the gas to go and buy a Starbucks!!

That being said, I will need to refill my card soon
    Sunshine Rewards

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Good Survey - It will be interesting to see the results. I know that the high gas prices has changed the way we drive. Of course my big gas hog - Jeep Commander - does not help but I love the size and with the kids it just makes life much easier. I do not just run to the mall to shop or just decide to take the kids out to look at toys. And when I go grocery shopping, I do all the other stops that I need to. Since I am a SAHM, I try to do all my shopping in one day and I am home the rest of the week saving on gas. At first I really didn't like it but if it means that I can continue to stay home with the kids - that is what I will do. DH has a company vehicle but we have to pay for the gas and then turn in the receipts to get reimbursed. I try to make sure DH is taking advantage of any credit card offers that is going on. SAVE!!!!
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Quote Originally Posted by lanny76 View Post
    The thing that gets me sometimes is the shipping costs, tho! On something I ordered for my parents from Target, the shipping was $32 - which was almost half the cost of the item - ouch.
    I look for free or cheap shipping. Target has 3 drawer chests in their baby section (BassettBaby) that I have seen in the store. Couple months ago, I went to the store to buy two for my girls. They are very nicely made and not too big, cost around $350 each. The store had a display but none to sell. Went home looked on line. They were going to cost nearly $1000 with shipping. Too much. I am watching for them to be for sale with free shipping.

We have completed this survey. I will analyse the results and share soon. Thank you so much for participating!! You guys are the BEST!

Quote Originally Posted by missangie View Post
    We have completed this survey. I will analyse the results and share soon. Thank you so much for participating!! You guys are the BEST!
    Okay, so as a woman, I reserve the right to change my mind! We originally agreed to stop at 100 survey responses, but we have had such great participation that we decided to extend this survey through Sunday evening. The results so far are very interesting. If you haven't had a chance to let us know your thoughts, please do. We want your input.

Thanks,
    Angie