Thread: United

Default United

On Thursday I purchased two tickets for our summer trip on United and I was wondering when the credit will show up. I know for hotels and cars, it doesn't show up until you travel - but with airlines, because they charge you right away - do those credits come in sooner?

Just asking - not looking for why my credits haven't come in. Just wondering when I should be on the look out for them. Thanks.

I meant to put this in shopping - so if one of the moderators wants to move it - please do so. Sorry.
    Karn
    Last edited by gpp2001; 05-17-2008 at 08:44 PM. Reason: noticed it was in the wrong category
    Karn
    Sunshine Rewards

Member #4187

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

I haven't actually had any experience with flights but I would imagine that they won't credit until you travel to be sure the flights aren't cancelled. You may however see a 0 entry show up like they do with other travel that will let you know they have noted your purchase. I don't know for sure though if they do that with flights. No help I know.
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I'm thinking it will be after you fly. I recently heard that the credit card companies actually hold the funds until after you fly then they release them to the airlines so when you think you are paying for your flight you are actually paying your CC company who pays after you complete your flight.
    Sunshine Rewards

Thank you both for your replies - just wanted to let you know - I got credit today!! Yeah me!! So it appears with United that you don't have to wait to get credit until you travel. I'm not going on my trip until July.
    Karn
    Sunshine Rewards

Member #4187

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Awesome to know! Congrats on getting your credit and hope you have a great trip.
    Sunshine Rewards