Thread: Another Idea

andrea2289 is offline I might even start my Sunshining with a big bowl of Baskin-Robbins Chubby Hubby

I am still a pecker!

Default Another Idea

Just another idea I had and wanted to share. My family eats out quite a bit when my husband comes in from overseas. He doesn't get 'good food' over there so he really likes to go to all of our favorite places while he's home (and I go on a diet when he leaves lol)

Anyway, I have been stocking up on gift cards off of Ebay for places like Cheesecake Factory, Romano's Macaroni grill, Red Lobster, Starbucks, etc...

All of my purchases have not only saved me money (a $50 card for say $45) but they have all been free shipping too. Of course the BONUS is seeing my SR account grow while I pre-pay for our meals that we'd be spending money on anyway!!

I am impatient so I always use Buy It Now...I keep a window open at work with the search page defaulted to 'gift card' - But It Now - and Newest Listings...some go VERY quickly so I refresh the page every 30 minutes or so and have got some REALLY good deals. One lady got a $100 Wal-Mart card for her birthday and just needed cash and sold it BIN for $75!! Who doesn't need a Wal-Mart card...gas, groceries, etc...

ANDREA - 5x SUPERMEBER
        Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Quote Originally Posted by andrea2289 View Post
    Just another idea I had and wanted to share. My family eats out quite a bit when my husband comes in from overseas. He doesn't get 'good food' over there so he really likes to go to all of our favorite places while he's home (and I go on a diet when he leaves lol)

Anyway, I have been stocking up on gift cards off of Ebay for places like Cheesecake Factory, Romano's Macaroni grill, Red Lobster, Starbucks, etc...

All of my purchases have not only saved me money (a $50 card for say $45) but they have all been free shipping too. Of course the BONUS is seeing my SR account grow while I pre-pay for our meals that we'd be spending money on anyway!!

I am impatient so I always use Buy It Now...I keep a window open at work with the search page defaulted to 'gift card' - But It Now - and Newest Listings...some go VERY quickly so I refresh the page every 30 minutes or so and have got some REALLY good deals. One lady got a $100 Wal-Mart card for her birthday and just needed cash and sold it BIN for $75!! Who doesn't need a Wal-Mart card...gas, groceries, etc...

Thanks, this sounds like a great idea. I will have to check it out.

That is such a good idea! I need to start doing that!!
    Jaime

Sunshine Rewards

I've thought about doing that, but I keep getting hung up by the feeling that I can't be totally sure that I'm getting what I'm paying for. Like maybe the card will arrive with a lower balance than the listing says or something. You haven't found anything like that while you've been using this "strategy"? Please reassure me because I feel like this *could be* a good idea but I'm still nervous!

I will have to keep my eyes out on that. I alway shop Walmart. Might as well make some SR money through Ebay and spend what I would spend anyway for food and groceries!
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

andrea2289 is offline I might even start my Sunshining with a big bowl of Baskin-Robbins Chubby Hubby

I am still a pecker!

Quote Originally Posted by nicnik View Post
    I've thought about doing that, but I keep getting hung up by the feeling that I can't be totally sure that I'm getting what I'm paying for. Like maybe the card will arrive with a lower balance than the listing says or something. You haven't found anything like that while you've been using this "strategy"? Please reassure me because I feel like this *could be* a good idea but I'm still nervous!
    I have bought/sold on Ebay for so long that I am just very comfortable with it. As long as you check the seller's feedback, and it is good, I would not have any reservations. Today I received three of the gift cards I purchased, and my daughter and I have already used the $50 Target card. There was a $122 Disney Gift Card listed earlier for $92 but someone was quicker than me and got it!! LOL Every card I have purchased has been for more than what I paid, and has been for things I’d buy anyway. I always shop at Target, so I will always be keeping my eyes open for Target cards!

I also thought that you could double dip. For example: But a $100 Sears Gift Card off ebay with free shipping, get the SR credit, then go through SR to shop at Sears.com and also get the credit. We might have to check with the SR team to make sure you can use gift cards to shop through SR merchants. You’d be getting TWO credits for doing shopping you’d do anyway!
    ANDREA - 5x SUPERMEBER
        Sunshine Rewards