When I was a kid, I used to sing an old song about "school being out" and the teachers "letting the monkeys out." Now that I have 2 school aged kids who will be home for the summer, I completely understand that song! To help all of us find constructive things for our kids to do this summer, I have created a Sunshine Rewards Top Eight list of things to buy before summer break. Hopefully it will some of you as much as it has helped me to prepare for next month.
--Tricia

Top Eight Things to Order Before Summer

1) Oriental Trading Company: This should be your first stop. Between crafts, toys, and novelties, you can get a nice big box at Oriental Trading Company without breaking the bank. Order materials for Vacation Bible School, supplies for your 4th of July party, and crafts to keep the kids busy all summer. Spend $60 and get free shipping when you order by May 30.

2) Highlights: Although the traditional Highlights magazine in and of itself is great, Highlights is much more than that now. Choose from a variety of magazine and book clubs, including the new Highlights High Five, which is geared to ages 2-6. Some come as yearly subscriptions while others are clubs that you can join for as long as you want them. Which Way USA is a geographic puzzle adventure series while Mathmania focuses on games and math puzzles. There is a subscription or club for children of all ages. And kids love getting a new book or magazine every every 4-6 weeks throughout the summer.

3) Magazine Discount Center: For a variety of magazines for any age of kids, visit Magazine Discount Center. Young kids will appreciate magazines like Sparkle World, Disney and Me, Humpty Dumpty's, Disney's Princess, and Preschool Playroom. Older kids will enjoy Dogs for Kids, Girls' Life, National Geographic Kids, and Sports Illustrated Kids.

4) KraftyKid.com: Choose from Craft of the Month Clubs or Craft to Go kits. You can even choose crafts for kids, preschoolers, or adults. Get free shipping in May when you use code VACATION.

5) Piano Wizard: If you are looking for a full summer piano curriculum for your child, look no further. Piano Wizard will have your child playing the piano within weeks.

6) Scholastic Store: Stock up on books for all reading levels this summer. Check out their sale books, clearance items, and everyday savings. Search books by age level, price, or series. Use code MAYFS25 to get free shipping on orders over $25 (ends May 20).

7) Avanquest Software: Kids are starting to use computers in schools as early as preschool now. Help your kids get ahead and stay ahead with age appropriate software. Avanquest breaks down their software by both age and subject matter area. Kids can brush up on school skills or even learn a new language. Get free shipping on all orders over $40.

8) drugstore.com: Summer means being outside. For moms and dads, that means being prepared for anything. Stock up on sunscreen, bug repellent, and bandaids. Save up to 50% on summer essentials. New customers get $5 off of $30 on their first non-prescription order.