Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Bald Daughter!!

That is fantastic! You must be so proud. You are very blessed!

Default Aren't Kids Amazing?

Kids are so compassionate and amazing when it comes to things like this. I know you are very proud of your daughter as you should be. She is an awesome person to be so concered with others.
    Sunshine Rewards

I have to tell you this.
    When we went to school the next day I was concerned of the comments from her classmates. I didn't have to worry. When they saw her they started to chant " Chloe, Chloe, Chloe"
    I started to cry.
    Karen

Mandi is offline The artist formerly known as Mom2micayla

Wow, what an amazing selfless girl you have!

Thats really awesome... my mom is going through chemo now and started losing her hair this past week, so it hit home for me as well.
    You have a very special daughter!

A little north, mostly south, in the middle but not in the west.

Simply the most wonderful thing I've heard a teen doing in a long time. I recently cut almost a foot of hair off and know how "different" just that felt after looking in the mirror.

My sister has been diagnosed with pre-cancer in one of her breasts. When I see young ladies get involved like this one, I know the word is getting out that all women of all ages need to be thinking about doing the self exams.

I am also thankful that her school let her dye her hair for a few days. Most schools have a policy that would have gotten her expelled.

wow! great job, mom, on raising a great girl! LOVE the pink hair look too!

Quote Originally Posted by AdLibCorner View Post

I am also thankful that her school let her dye her hair for a few days. Most schools have a policy that would have gotten her expelled.
    I asked before we did it just to make sure it was okay.
    Karen

Isn't it amazing that a group of kids that basically know about cancer but haven't lived much with the perils of it like us adults, will do something so courageous and yet so many adults wouldn't even think of doing anything to help the cause. Great kids...and great parents. Kudos to you and Chloe, and you know what, she looks a lot like you too.

Thank you for all the wonderful comments.

When they presented the cheque to the hospital they asked who in this crowd has not been effected by cancer. Not one person put there hand up.
    So we all know people who have suffered or passed away from cancer.
    And then their are those who have beat it

Yesterday when I was taking Chloe to school I had a parent come up and asked if my DD was the one shaved her head. I said yes it is. She said what a wonderful caring youndg girl she was. She proceeded to tell me that her husband is a cancer surviver.
    Karen