Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vera Bradley Mesa Red?

Default Vera Bradley Mesa Red?

does anyone have a VB purse in this color and if so, what do you think of it? DD's favorite color is red and i'm seriously considering buying her either the amy or maggie in mesa red with perhaps a mini zip wallet for her 4th grade graduation. any opinions on the maggie or amy? she's 10 and not very girly, but she's going into middle school this fall and is going to be changing classes all day for the first time, so she's going to need a purse. HELP ME! i need it, lol.

wdwabby is offline I'm like the MacGyver of crafting - I'll figure something out!

My mom has some travel items in Mesa Red - it's one of her favorite patterns. I'd say it's a nice red - not too overly bright, it's more burgundy based and is pretty versatile. It looks great with jeans especially. If she loves red, that may be a nice choice for her. Another option is Villa Red, a retired pattern that you can find easily on eBay. That one would only come in the Amy out of your 2 bag choices - it retired before the Maggie was released. Villa Red is much brighter - like a fire engine red, with a cute tile-type design. It looks a little younger than Mesa Red.

As for Amy v. Maggie, my choice would be maggie - it's a little bigger and has more pockets to organize things and the strap is wider (so it rides on the shoulder more comfortably). The Amy is a little more versatile as you can wear it long and over the body or double the strap up and wear it on your shoulder.
    Sunshine Rewards
    Joined 6/1/07 Sunshining my way back to WDW ... one penny at a time!

thanks so much! she loves all shades of red from pink to burgundy, thank goodness, so i've got some room to play there, i just didn't want the purse to be TOO small. all it needs to hold is a couple of pencils, perhaps the mini zip wallet or coin purse, a couple of feminine hygiene items (just in case) and some mints or hard candy.

I have it, I have it! In both the hipster and the large duffle. i love it- it is a darker red, like a dark bandana red- like PP said PERFECT with jeans. It's my overall favorite pattern. I have the Amy in another pattern- it is SMALL, and no pockets, but I love the long strap, and it would be good for a young girl
    Sunshine RewardsRobin

thank you! i let her look at both the maggie and the amy in the mesa red, and she chose the amy (but she thinks it's for me and even offered to kick in some of her money if i didn't have enough, what a sweetheart *sniffle*). would the amy fit a pencil case (vb or otherwise)?

Quote Originally Posted by iluvamystery89 View Post
    thank you! i let her look at both the maggie and the amy in the mesa red, and she chose the amy (but she thinks it's for me and even offered to kick in some of her money if i didn't have enough, what a sweetheart *sniffle*). would the amy fit a pencil case (vb or otherwise)?
    I went to the store today and looked at all the VB. The Mesa Red is cute and I think she will love it. It is a darker red and when I see it I think of the bandana's we wore in the 70's. Did I just type that???

They had an Amy and it is small, about what I would picture a young girl to carry. I have the VB brush & pencil case (9¼ x 3¼). The Amy is 8¼ x 4¾, it's not going to fit flat.

They didn't have a Maggie for me to look at.

Is she going to be carrying a backpack too? She can always put her pencil case in there.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I think the Amy would fit a few pens/pencils, but not a pencil case.
    Sunshine RewardsRobin

oh shoot, maybe i should go w/ the maggie then, b/c i don't want her pencils making marks on the inside. no backpack as far as i know (her science teacher advised waiting until school started to see if she'd need it, b/c they have to be clear and the clear ones tear up easily). she could always keep pencils in her locker, i guess, or i could get her a pocket for each of her binders, lol. thank you ladies! keep the advice comin', i need all the help i can get!

Quote Originally Posted by iluvamystery89 View Post
    oh shoot, maybe i should go w/ the maggie then, b/c i don't want her pencils making marks on the inside. no backpack as far as i know (her science teacher advised waiting until school started to see if she'd need it, b/c they have to be clear and the clear ones tear up easily). she could always keep pencils in her locker, i guess, or i could get her a pocket for each of her binders, lol. thank you ladies! keep the advice comin', i need all the help i can get!
    Clear backpacks huh?? I guess in the world we live in it's not unusual. Sad!

That 2" in the Maggie could make all the difference. The Amy & the Maggie are very similar and shaped the same. I wish they had the Maggie's at the store so I could have compared them for you. Not a Maggie in sight but plenty of Amy's.

Mmmmmm......maybe the Maggie's are more popular??? Sure..........they hold more stuff. We all know that the bigger the purse...the more stuff we carry!!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by ~Kathie View Post
    Clear backpacks huh?? I guess in the world we live in it's not unusual. Sad!

That 2" in the Maggie could make all the difference. The Amy & the Maggie are very similar and shaped the same. I wish they had the Maggie's at the store so I could have compared them for you. Not a Maggie in sight but plenty of Amy's.

Mmmmmm......maybe the Maggie's are more popular??? Sure..........they hold more stuff. We all know that the bigger the purse...the more stuff we carry!!!

thanks for looking, kathie! of course, lol, the bigger the purse, the more we put in it-this is why i've been carrying my D&B "bowler bag" shaped purse for about 4 years now, lol-i can hide movie snacks in that sucker if i need to! gotta love that all-weather leather.