Thread: Best Photo Developing Site?

Default Best Photo Developing Site?

ok, i know SR has several merchants that develop photographs and some have special offers right now, such as credit offers, free prints, high % cash back, so in the opinion of my trusted SR family, which do y'all feel is the best offer/site? i have some vacation pics i've been procrastinating on developing, so i could use some feedback. help!

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

I'm in the process of testing all of them out for myself since I had a ton of photos to develop. I've found all of them are good in terms of quality. Snapfish took a little longer to get to me and Shutterfly was a little higher print costs but lower for shipping costs.

I think York (in the offers page) has the best incentive at 6 dollars. I will likely go back to all of them depending on what the current special rates are when I need more photos.

Not sure if that was any help or not!
    Sunshine Rewards

If you have never used any of them you could always test out all of them, just split your photos into seperate orders. They all have free prints and a good bonus for your first order. I have used shutterfly for years, so I couldn't get credit for that offer. I just checked out york and snapfish I got free prints for both, a good bonus, and the quality of the pictures was great!

The quality of their prints is about the same for all 3 of these, but I do have to recomend Shutterfly is you are printing a card or an album. I use them at least twice a year to make a photo album and it comes out looking like a scrap book with all their page choices and borders, they are really really nice (I usually order the albums for my mom and mil for xmas too). Also if you get cards made Shutterfly's are great and they will even mail them for you, I used this for Mother's day since I waited until the last min.

Sorry got a little long winded there...... anyhow I would suggest checking them all out if you have a lot of pictures, you will get a lot of free prints, several offers, and you can see for yourself which you like best!

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

I agree check and use them all, I did. Quality for the most part is the same across the board. York is definitely a good offer.

I'm partial though to Kodak and dotphoto. Kodak is IMHO the best for photo gifts. I bought fleece blankets for the grandparents with the kids pic for xmas, and I always buy my calendars from there.

Prints though dotphoto really does have a better quality over them all. You can honestly tell the difference of a dotphoto (Fuji) picture vs kodak, snapfish etc. they also automatically print your photo title on the back of the pic. So if your like me I rename all of my photo's based on the pic.
    ex 8yrsTylerBdayPresents1 etc. I do that so I can find them easier on my computer but it's also nice to go back and look and know exactly what year the picture is from.
    Sunshine Rewards

thanks so much! i've never ordered pictures online before so i really appreciate any opinions/advice y'all can give me!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I have tried a lot of sites and I keep going back to dotphoto. I really like their quality and they are pretty fast and average priced.
    Sunshine Rewards

I like snapfish alot!
    Sunshine Rewards

My choice is snapfish. I have used them for a very long time - they are the ones I sent my rolls of film to before I went digital. Also, they have never "misplaced" (aka lost) my photos like shutterfly did. I use them every year for our Christmas cards too - great quality.

Ellen

EPCOT's Family of the Day, June 9, 2007

I really like Dot Photo. I LOVE that they put the titles on the back of the pictures. Then I don't have to sit there and write what they are on them! A HUGE time saver! I do like Kodak as well. I used the other services too, but to me, none compared to Dot Photo.

Dot Photo ships fast, and the prints prices are right in line with the others, it might be cheaper too! AND right now Dot Photo has prints at $0.08 each. My SIL just order around 900 prints, and with shipping it came out to be $.11/print. That's a great deal!
    Amy

PhotobucketSunshine Rewards

thanks so much everyone! i'm a total newbie at this, so i really appreciate everyone's opinions! keep 'em comin'!