Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Staples

Default Staples

Staples has decided that due to economic concerns, it is not going to pay us any percentage on any orders for the rest of the summer. They are not closing their affiliate program and would like us to keep up our banners for them but our commission rate is now 0%. As a result, we are removing Staples from our site. Hopefully you can fill your office supply needs at stores like Quill and Office Depot, who are willing to pay for their advertising space.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

I'm disappointed to hear that. I had at least two orders I was planning to place through them before 9/1.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

I'm sorry to hear that to, but it was bound to happen with the economy the way it is.
    Sunshine Rewards

The thing is that it only hurts them, not helps them. They were only paying me if someone bought something through me. How much do you think that sales to our members are going to go down this summer as a result of this? They were only paying me 1-2% commission anyway. So they were making a lot off of every one of my people who bought through me. Now they lose a lot of those sales.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    Staples has decided that due to economic concerns, it is not going to pay us any percentage on any orders for the rest of the summer. They are not closing their affiliate program and would like us to keep up our banners for them but our commission rate is now 0%. As a result, we are removing Staples from our site. Hopefully you can fill your office supply needs at stores like Quill and Office Depot, who are willing to pay for their advertising space.
    Are you serious. Hey, can you do free advertising for me on your site cause I'm not going to pay you for promoting me, heck with Offiice Depot and Quill and the others that are willing to pay for their advertising space, cause you know, we are a big company that is hurting, so to heck with you little people. Oh c'mom. They can't be for real.Thats insane that a company that size would even insult us like that.....I will never order from them again. Not that I ordered much anyway cause I always got better deals at the other places anyway.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

They must think people will shop on their website anyway. They don't know Sunshiners very well.

They had the nerve to ask you to advertise them for free by keeping their banner up? The economy isn't affecting your business is it??? Only theirs! Some administrator sitting in an office, someplace made a decision about something he/she has no clue about. DH would say it's eyewash. Looks good on paper, like they are doing something to cobat the downturn in the economy. It's possible this will come back and bite them.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Yeah. They are essentially saying that our relationship is still "active" but just at a 0% commission rate. And as far as I know, they are doing it for almost all of their affiliates. I think they really underestimate the fact that people shop where they see coupons or cashback. And if cashback and coupon sites don't list them, people will find other merchants listed there that fit the bill.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

I guess someone didn't consider the ramifications of using the EASY button to help with their financial difficulties!

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Miss Angie......

That's what Amy and I were just saying.. Plain dumb, bc unless it's a super sale or only specific to Staples, why would I order from them instead of someone like OD who's willing to pay us both? But please keep my sign up, even though the other companies are still going to pay, I want it for free... NOT!
    Sunshine Rewards

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

What are they thinking?!?
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards