Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Staples

Cindy and Miss Angie... you are too much

I'm glad I didn't order from them... I am ordering some computer supplies tonight, and they were the first place I was going to look at! Guess I'm going to hit somewhere else tonight!
    Amy

PhotobucketSunshine Rewards

Oh! Don't forget about RestockIt for office supplies as well if you are buying in bulk. They have higher shipping but probably the best commissions.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

I remember many moons ago, Amazon used to offer %$ through rewards sites. Then, the "cash-back" went away and guess what - I bought everything at a different site if I l could get the same or better price. But there are times that I can only find what I am looking for at Amazon, or their price is just so darn good that I want to buy from them. So, I still buy from Amazon but ONLY after going through my public library's website link so someone (albeit not me) is benefitting from my purchase. I feel good knowing my library will get a percentage and I get the item I'm looking for.

It is very disappointing that Staples has cut "commissions" but, sadly, there are some terribly bad times out there and maybe this is a way they can offset some expenses without passing the increases along to consumers We're probably just a very small percentage of shoppers in their total customer base - I mean, there are probably a lot more online shoppers who just head directly to Staples than us "mavens" who use rewards sites. I just hope it's not a trend that will take off with other online businesses!

And, tsk, tsk, Staples for thinking that an affiliate would keep their advertising up for nothing in return!
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by fourfoxesinpa View Post
    I remember many moons ago, Amazon used to offer %$ through rewards sites. Then, the "cash-back" went away and guess what - I bought everything at a different site if I l could get the same or better price. But there are times that I can only find what I am looking for at Amazon, or their price is just so darn good that I want to buy from them. So, I still buy from Amazon but ONLY after going through my public library's website link so someone (albeit not me) is benefitting from my purchase. I feel good knowing my library will get a percentage and I get the item I'm looking for.

It is very disappointing that Staples has cut "commissions" but, sadly, there are some terribly bad times out there and maybe this is a way they can offset some expenses without passing the increases along to consumers We're probably just a very small percentage of shoppers in their total customer base - I mean, there are probably a lot more online shoppers who just head directly to Staples than us "mavens" who use rewards sites. I just hope it's not a trend that will take off with other online businesses!

And, tsk, tsk, Staples for thinking that an affiliate would keep their advertising up for nothing in return!
    And to add, I would hate that someone would lose their job, so if this is how they have to cut back, I would rather see it this way then someone not getting a paycheck.
    Sunshine Rewards

The even bigger problem is that now it means that websites will go out of business. Combine things like this with other sites (like NFLShop today) who all of a sudden drop commissions on us without any notice. So no one at Staples may be losing their jobs, but people who work for websites like ours will.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

Plus, you have the new law that went into effect in NY over the weekend re internet sales tax that could roll nationwide.
    Sunshine Rewards

[QUOTE=fourfoxesinpa;146820]I remember many moons ago, Amazon used to offer %$ through rewards sites. Then, the "cash-back" went away and guess what - I bought everything at a different site if I l could get the same or better price. But there are times that I can only find what I am looking for at Amazon, or their price is just so darn good that I want to buy from them. So, I still buy from Amazon but ONLY after going through my public library's website link so someone (albeit not me) is benefitting from my purchase. I feel good knowing my library will get a percentage and I get the item I'm looking for.

Yes, but when Amazon was looking to build their business they didn't hesitate to be part of a rewards site and allow cash back to build their customer base. Now that they are one of the largest online shopping sites, they don't have any use for that, which doesn't sit well with me. We encourage our members to shop through them because that money goes into prizes for you guys, so in essence, you do get it back.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    The even bigger problem is that now it means that websites will go out of business. Combine things like this with other sites (like NFLShop today) who all of a sudden drop commissions on us without any notice. So no one at Staples may be losing their jobs, but people who work for websites like ours will.
    Are you saying that NFLshop just dropped their commissions on you????
    I'll be very upset, bc I just placed an order for DS's bday the other day (Sunday) through them bc they had a HIGHER % back. I could have ordered it from 3-4 other sites at a lower % back at the same price.

Wanted to add, that I don't want to see ANYONE lose their job, regardless of how it happens in the end.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by askomsky View Post
    Are you saying that NFLshop just dropped their commissions on you????
    I'll be very upset, bc I just placed an order for DS's bday the other day (Sunday) through them bc they had a HIGHER % back. I could have ordered it from 3-4 other sites at a lower % back at the same price.

Wanted to add, that I don't want to see ANYONE lose their job, regardless of how it happens in the end.
    We actually lock commission rates based on when you click on our site. So when you click, we lock in the percentage we have posted the second that you click. So you are good.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

ACKKK!! I just went to my local Staples and they did not have the camera card I needed...so I just signed on to order it online...
    Deana
    Sunshine Rewards