Thread: Laptop suggestions.....

Default Laptop suggestions.....

About 2 wks ago I realized my laptop is nearly 3 years old. This is my 3rd laptop and none of them lasted longer than 3 years. I've been thinking about my options to replace it. Decided I could save my credit card points and cash them in for Best Buy or Circuit City gift cards and maybe get an awesome deal next Black Monday.

Well wouldn't you know.........

Turned it on tonight and the display is totally messed up. Should never had any thoughts about replacing it! Working now to back everything up because I know it will be history soon.

I have decided that since they do not last that long I do not want to pay over $1000 for a new one. Any suggestions on brand, website, or anything on what I should consider?

Thanks,
    Laura
    Disney Myspace GraphicsSunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

I bought my last 3 computers, including my laptop, at Dell thru their outlet. Anna has the oldest desktop and it is over 6 yrs old. I used it for 3 yrs then bought me a laptop. So, my laptop is 3 yrs old and so far, crossfingers times 2, is giving me no problems. I am going to start looking for a new one for me, in the next couple months, and turn my current laptop over to Anna (DD10). Her computer works well but is outdated and BIG. I paid less than $800 for my laptop.

I just bought a Dell Latitude. It will be used for my web and graphic design work so I put in the biggest processor, etc making it more than $1000, but I think most of the computers at Dell look like good deals and would be decent for "normal" use. (I run multiple large programs at the same time so I had to get a laptop that could handle this usage). Plus, I wanted XP Professional which limited my selection. If you don't mind Vista, it would be easy to get something nice for under $1000.

My DH has a Gateway, not sure which one, but so far he's been happy with it. I used it on our last trip when I needed to do some work and my programs ran fine on it for the limited amount I used it.
    ~Amy
    Sunshine Rewards

My current laptop is a Dell, but I do not like it as well as the Gateway I had earlier. I really only use it for web browsing, email and picture/music downloads. I'm trying to use my credit card rewards for gift certificates for SR merchants. Staples was one choice, but i see they are now history. Best Buy is another, and they sell Gateways.

Man, I hate being in the position that I have to get something soon. Was hoping I could make this a leisurely purchase this time!

Laura
    Disney Myspace GraphicsSunshine Rewards

We have an HP Pavilion DV6000. It's pretty fast..

It was supposed to be for me but I hardly get a chance to use it. It is not the one I wanted. Dh had to get all the bells and whistles, and it was around $1K.

I've been looking at laptops too. Three of our desktops are Dell and we have had good luck with them. I was looking at the smallest Dell.

My sister just bought a MacBook and she loves it.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards