Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Wave

Default The Wave

Okay....I know they've just opened today but whenever anyone can give an opinion, let's hear about "The Wave" at the Contemporary. It's almost time to make my ADR's.

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

Haven't been there, naturally.... but when I was there in April, the server at CS said that some of the CS dishes will stay on at the Wave. They were featuring some of the Wave dishes that night but we didn't have any.

Not sure if that helps....
    Sunshine Rewards

Well, I've got 3 days til I can make ADR's so hopefully there will be some reviews by then. Since I purchased my MVMCP tickets today they let me make a ressie for that day only (12/11) as long as it was in the MK. CP was already booked so I chose LTT. If the Wave turns out to be good I may change my ressie and ride the monorail over before the party.

I'd like to try it in December, but there aren't many choices, so I'm not sure the rest of my party would like it, but, I'm sure after the weekend we will be able to see an updated menu on AllEars or the Dis and some reviews.

Found this back in early May, on the DIS....don't know if it's etched in stone yet, but I can't wait to hear some reviews, as

The Wave is currently taking ADR's and will honor the DVC, Passholder, Disney Dining Experience, and Cast Member discounts as currently accepted at Concourse Steakhouse. The menu however is nothing like Concourse's. This menu has been confirmed by CM's.

BREAKFAST

Make your own classic Bircher Muesli, Spinach Tomato and Onion Omelet

Multigrain Mickey Waffle, Eggs Benedict, Homemade Granola.
    -Featuring Organic Columbian Coffee that is shade grown, fair trade and
    bird friendly.

Beta Berry Smoothie ? Raspberries Non-Fat Yogurt, Peach, Mango and Honey, Antioxidant Vitamins, C, E and Beta-carotene

Supercharged Tropical Smoothie ? A blend of Tropical Fruit Juices, Non-fat Yogurt and Soy Protein.

Children's Menu: Multigrain Mickey Waffle, Cereals, Pancakes, Eggs.

LUNCH

Multigrain Linguini with Rock Shrimp and Clams

Mediterranean Tuna Salad ? Herb Crusted Seared Ahi Tuna with Greens,Potatoes and Olive Toast

Angus Chuck Burger

Classic Reuben Sandwich

Spice Crusted Chicken Salad with Apples and crispy Polenta Croutons

DINNER

Pan Seared Black Cod

Grilled Marinated Flank Steak

Seasonal Vegetable Stew

Braised Lamb Shank

Grilled Beef Tenderloin

DESSERTS

Miniature styled dessert by categories
    Creamy Selection
    -Coconut Panna Cotta with Passion Fruit reduction
    -Chocolate Mousse with Pecan-Olive Brittle
    -Cheese cake with Raspberry Coulis

Palette Cleanser
    -Meyer Lemon Sorbet
    -Pineapple Sorbet
    -Strawberry Sorbet

Healthy Selection
    -Almond-Pineapple-Raisin "baklava"
    -Vanilla Braised Pineapple
    -Carrot-Zucchini Cake with Yogurt Panna Cotta

Contemporary Selection
    -Salty Caramel with Chocolate Mousse
    -Lemon Corn Bread with Vanilla Panna Cotta
    -Saut?ed Blueberries with Yogurt Gelato

BEVERAGES

Wine - Southern Hemisphe re Wines with a Twist. Featuring Wines from Argentina, Chile, New Zealand, Australia and South Africa.

Beers- Featuring Wolaver?s Certified Organic Ales

Specialty Cocktails- Passion Fruit Mojito, Antioxidant Cosmo, Pure-tini (with Organic Vodka and Mango), X-Fusion Lemonade (Organic Mango, Passion Fruit Juice and Lemonade)
    I'M DEB And I'm Making My Way Back To Disney..With Sunshine Rewards...One Click At A Time!

Deb Tokarski -Mouse World Travel, An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner

Booking Disney Destinations (Disney World, DisneyLand, Disney Cruises & Adventures by Disney)
    as well as Sandals & Beaches Resorts and other destinations & other cruise lines worldwide!!

For more information and a free no-obligation quote email me at: deb@mouseworldtravel.com
    You can also Friend me on Facebook--> Deb Tee
    Your Dreams are a Wish Away with ME and I am ready to help you find your Dream Vacation!!

Thanks for the menu info. I'm taking my 18yo DD with me and I'm not sure she'd appreciate the selection. I know she'll like LTT so I guess I'll keep my ressie there depending on upcoming Wave reviews.

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Quote Originally Posted by Pooh's Pal View Post
    I'd like to try it in December, but there aren't many choices, so I'm not sure the rest of my party would like it, but, I'm sure after the weekend we will be able to see an updated menu on AllEars or the Dis and some reviews.

Found this back in early May, on the DIS....don't know if it's etched in stone yet, but I can't wait to hear some reviews, as

The Wave is currently taking ADR's and will honor the DVC, Passholder, Disney Dining Experience, and Cast Member discounts as currently accepted at Concourse Steakhouse. The menu however is nothing like Concourse's. This menu has been confirmed by CM's.

BREAKFAST

Make your own classic Bircher Muesli, Spinach Tomato and Onion Omelet

Multigrain Mickey Waffle, Eggs Benedict, Homemade Granola.
    -Featuring Organic Columbian Coffee that is shade grown, fair trade and
    bird friendly.

Beta Berry Smoothie ? Raspberries Non-Fat Yogurt, Peach, Mango and Honey, Antioxidant Vitamins, C, E and Beta-carotene

Supercharged Tropical Smoothie ? A blend of Tropical Fruit Juices, Non-fat Yogurt and Soy Protein.

Children's Menu: Multigrain Mickey Waffle, Cereals, Pancakes, Eggs.

LUNCH

Multigrain Linguini with Rock Shrimp and Clams

Mediterranean Tuna Salad ? Herb Crusted Seared Ahi Tuna with Greens,Potatoes and Olive Toast

Angus Chuck Burger

Classic Reuben Sandwich

Spice Crusted Chicken Salad with Apples and crispy Polenta Croutons

DINNER

Pan Seared Black Cod

Grilled Marinated Flank Steak

Seasonal Vegetable Stew

Braised Lamb Shank

Grilled Beef Tenderloin

DESSERTS

Miniature styled dessert by categories
    Creamy Selection
    -Coconut Panna Cotta with Passion Fruit reduction
    -Chocolate Mousse with Pecan-Olive Brittle
    -Cheese cake with Raspberry Coulis

Palette Cleanser
    -Meyer Lemon Sorbet
    -Pineapple Sorbet
    -Strawberry Sorbet

Healthy Selection
    -Almond-Pineapple-Raisin "baklava"
    -Vanilla Braised Pineapple
    -Carrot-Zucchini Cake with Yogurt Panna Cotta

Contemporary Selection
    -Salty Caramel with Chocolate Mousse
    -Lemon Corn Bread with Vanilla Panna Cotta
    -Saut?ed Blueberries with Yogurt Gelato

BEVERAGES

Wine - Southern Hemisphe re Wines with a Twist. Featuring Wines from Argentina, Chile, New Zealand, Australia and South Africa.

Beers- Featuring Wolaver?s Certified Organic Ales

Specialty Cocktails- Passion Fruit Mojito, Antioxidant Cosmo, Pure-tini (with Organic Vodka and Mango), X-Fusion Lemonade (Organic Mango, Passion Fruit Juice and Lemonade)
    Thanks for sharing the menu. I was wondering if my family would eat there since I have two very picky eaters with us. I don't think that they would be able to find something to their liking. Thanks again!
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

On www.allears.net, there is a review for The Wave and some pics. Looks neat but I don't think my DD would particularly choose the food there so we probably won't plan on doing that in Dec.

I was going to pick the wave, but I don't see anything I like. I know mt dh will like the Rueben. Can you see the firewoks from there?

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

I changed my ADR from the Crystal Palace to The Wave yesterday, hope we like it. My SIL who is coming with us on this trip saw this restaurant on the food channel a couple of weeks ago and said it looked really good. Since she doesn't get to go to Disney very often, we figured we would cater to some of the things she is interested in on this trip. If anyone goes before October, please post your review, I would be interested in hearing if you liked it or not.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by OhMari View Post
    I was going to pick the wave, but I don't see anything I like. I know mt dh will like the Rueben. Can you see the firewoks from there?
    I was told it was on the 1st floor (down one floor from the monorail drop off point) so no I doubt you could see any fireworks. All the pictures that I've seen of this restaurant, it doesn't look like there are any windows at all?
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES