Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Days on the Dis are Numbered

Default My Days on the Dis are Numbered

I'm probably going to end up getting banned for starting a fight. But I couldn't help it!! I am so angry now that my blood pressure is through the roof. That poor site owner is going to end up getting all of those credits revoked at some point and could even risk getting their account cancelled. I really thought that we were doing a good job of walking people through how not to raise red flags with the merchants, but I guess I was wrong!!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

No I read your response and I dont find that you were ugly or disrespectful to anyone. You stated your case in an intelligent manner and I doubt the powers that be at DIS will go after you for that.
    Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I've been having issues with that poster the past 2 days. Anytime anyone asks a question about a reward program they have to throw in that new site and how much better it is at crediting offers, etc when it is not relavant to the thread at all! It just makes me mad. There is no way you can legitimately do 80 offers in one day and have 70 more pending. That is riduculous.

I feel for you tricia and I hate to see people over there promoting their ways to "screw" over the reward sites as long as they get their payment/prizes as this poster put in a pm to me last night.

I hope their credits get reversed on them. (is that too spiteful?)

Honestly if I didn't do 2 other sites regularly as well as this one I'd never go down to the rewards board. It was so much fun a month ago before it was taken over by these "newer" sites and "newer" posters. I think I'm going to limit what I say down there and not be as helpful as I use to though. Not worth my time or effort to only get argued with or lectured on how these things are ok to do, etc.
    Sunshine Rewards

Mandi is offline The artist formerly known as Mom2micayla

I don't think you were out of line at all. Honestly I think that what you said needed to be said. I really don't think that people who are new to GPT's realize that what they are doing (multiple sign ups in one day) is considered fraud. They may unintentionally be contributing to the problem without realizing it. Of course, I'm sure there are plenty of people who know how to work the system and do hop from reward site to reward site just for a quick buck.

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mom2micayla View Post
    I don't think you were out of line at all. Honestly I think that what you said needed to be said. I really don't think that people who are new to GPT's realize that what they are doing (multiple sign ups in one day) is considered fraud. They may unintentionally be contributing to the problem without realizing it. Of course, I'm sure there are plenty of people who know how to work the system and do hop from reward site to reward site just for a quick buck.
    I agree. What makes me mad is that there are enough people over there who know what the problem is but yet they keep jumping from site to site and do offers and quickly cancel. Basically do a site until they have their $500 or more and then move on. I know at some point they will get caught and banned or have credits reversed, etc so the karma truck will flatten them. I just hate how they so freely talk about it and steer the new posters in the wrong directions and to the wrong programs. I really feel like it does the new people a disservice but there is nothing to stop it.
    Sunshine Rewards

Tricia,

As a Rewards site owner, you responded to that poster in a very professional manner.

They poster is only out to beat the system as their posts come right out and state it. Unfortunately as mentioned, it affects everyone. The advertisers are taking steps to close these loopholes. Hopefully it won't have an adverse effect on SR.

As people who know better, we can only hope to point new people in the right direction.

to you!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I really wish something could be done the fact that the rewards board has become such a Hotspot for shill advertising.
    Been here for almost 10 years...eep.

Quote Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
    I really wish something could be done the fact that the rewards board has become such a Hotspot for shill advertising.
    I know. I have no idea what to do. But I think it is 1) teaching people how to be cheaters, and 2) taking away from the real community feeling of the board.

And because the DIS is so huge and indexed by all of the major search engines so quickly, advertisers are probably getting copies of all of those posts. For example, if someone posts on there and uses the phrase "sunshine rewards", I usually get an email that night from Google. I'm sure that other companies have those alerts set up as well and are just watching for people to post about ways to cheat them.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

I think it is scary because lots of 'newbies' like myself really looked to the Disboard when starting rewards programs . So I think the information over there now can be VERY dangerous to both ALL rewards programs as well as anyone starting out. Anyone who doesn't 'know' better certainly is going to intrigued by the possibility of earning $500 by sitting at a computer for 5-6 hours. I think Tricia you did a wonderful job of stating a professional point of view.As a site owner you clearly have more insight and more invested in keeping these programs honest. We see your integrity over here in everything that you do to protect US, as well are your business. Personally I give you credit for not addressing the 'most owners are tremendously wealthy, the just choose NOT to give back' comment...That really really ticked me off. as I have never been involved with a more generous community as SR. I think it's really important for the message to get out that
    if it seems to be too good to be true, it is!
    Sunshine Rewards

Tricia, I just have to say that I admire you for being able to stay so calm when you posted. You have more self control than I would have had. I was ranting and raving right here in my chair..LOL I sure hope that you have a way of blocking people like that from your site. People like that is what is going to ruin it for everybody. Sad..very sad...but then again this is coming from somebody who gets excited and is just happy with earning .80 a day for doing a survey.

You are the reason why I stay with Sunshine. I know that you are honest and would do what you needed to run a wonderful site. So kudos to you!
    Trish-
    Earning my way to Disney!

Sunshine Rewards