Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Restaurant.com

I am so jealous of all of you with good restaurants in your areas! I only wish it were the situation with me. I'm still working on a $25 credit from registering my Entertainment Book from last year (purchased through SR!), and restaurants keep ending their participation...so I started with a GC for the whole amount at a place I wanted to try but never got up there, then got an email saying they were done and I needed to choose another place (sister restaurant to our FAVE place in Seattle), I did, then awhile later I got an email saying THEY were done, too! So now I have 3 certificates for the only places left, basically, and I don't really want to go to those places! Wah!

AM going to move to your areas ASAP.

But the lesson to be learned here is to create an account with them when you order, so IF the restaurant ends its participation you will be informed ahead of time and have the opportunity to choose another.

(or just use it right after you buy it)
    Last edited by mollyeilis; 06-11-2008 at 01:50 PM.
    Sunshine Rewards

I think the terms vary by restaurant so I'd read them carefully.

I have given them as a gift. I print them off on parchment like paper and then trim the edges with fancy scissors. Then I glue the paper onto a 8 1/2" colored sheet of paper and it looks very nice. It all fits into a large manila envelope which I also "dress up."
    Sunshine Rewards

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Quote Originally Posted by fourfoxesinpa View Post

I have given them as a gift. I print them off on parchment like paper and then trim the edges with fancy scissors. Then I glue the paper onto a 8 1/2" colored sheet of paper and it looks very nice. It all fits into a large manila envelope which I also "dress up."
    Good Idea! I was thinking about giving one to my father for a restaurant that we love and they have never been to. I figure it is one way to get him to give it a try.
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by fourfoxesinpa View Post

Wonderful idea! I might have to borrow it one of these days. Creativity is not my middle name.
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by mollyeilis View Post
    I am so jealous of all of you with good restaurants in your areas! I only wish it were the situation with me. I'm still working on a $25 credit from registering my Entertainment Book from last year (purchased through SR!), and restaurants keep ending their participation...so I started with a GC for the whole amount at a place I wanted to try but never got up there, then got an email saying they were done and I needed to choose another place (sister restaurant to our FAVE place in Seattle), I did, then awhile later I got an email saying THEY were done, too! So now I have 3 certificates for the only places left, basically, and I don't really want to go to those places! Wah!

AM going to move to your areas ASAP.

But the lesson to be learned here is to create an account with them when you order, so IF the restaurant ends its participation you will be informed ahead of time and have the opportunity to choose another.

(or just use it right after you buy it)

Same here almost! I have one still from purchasing the Entertainment book, my problem is there really aren't any great resturants around here that are listed. I keep forgetting to check back as it's been a month or so, i really need to do that. It just so happens that DH got a dining giftcard from work and it turns out to basically be the same thing. When I logged in with the info from his card it took me to restuarants.com. So I have about $75 to spend in giftcards as it is!
    Sunshine Rewards

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Well, I ordered one tonight! I wanted to order more but there is not any good restaurants listed near me. I even tried some other areas that we will be traveling to this summer and nothing. Oh well, I have atleast one good one to use!
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

Yeah, we don't have any good ones in my area either. Have you all checked out the Disney area? I noticed there was a TGIF on the site! Also Arabian Nights, the dinner show. I was thinking of getting some for our next trip for WDW.
    Jaime

Sunshine Rewards