Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pancake Puff Update?

Default Pancake Puff Update?

can y'all tell i'm bored? lol, the pancake puff commercial was just on tv (it made me HUNGRY! lol) and i did a forum search which came up with a couple of rave reviews for this item when it first arrived, so i'm wondering, to those who own it, what do you think of it in the long-term? do you still use it? do the kids tire of eating pancake puffs? is it worth $19.98 plus $8.98 s&h (from taylor gifts)? i know my DD would LOVE for me to make pancakes and muffins with this thing, but if it's one of those novelties that wears off after a month or so (i'd probably only use it 1-2x a week), i'll save my money.

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by iluvamystery89 View Post
    can y'all tell i'm bored? lol, the pancake puff commercial was just on tv (it made me HUNGRY! lol) and i did a forum search which came up with a couple of rave reviews for this item when it first arrived, so i'm wondering, to those who own it, what do you think of it in the long-term? do you still use it? do the kids tire of eating pancake puffs? is it worth $19.98 plus $8.98 s&h (from taylor gifts)? i know my DD would LOVE for me to make pancakes and muffins with this thing, but if it's one of those novelties that wears off after a month or so (i'd probably only use it 1-2x a week), i'll save my money.
    Jen is queen of ASOTV and I remember that she was dying to try it out. Maybe Pam (missymouse) did too?

Target does sell them in store, and I'm assuming on line so it's another option to check out.
    Sunshine Rewards

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Crap! I've been slacking! I've been meaning to write up a little review of the pancake puff & forgot....

I used it for the first time a few weeks ago. DH LOVED the pancake puffs & I did too. It took some time to get used to learn how to "flip" them though...so I made a few 'scrambled pancake puffs' on accident...

I just used a regular pancake mix & then tried to Disney them up a little (a la cinnamon/sugar combo...think puffed french toast at Crystal Palace) & it worked!! I even took a picture to show you guys, but have since deleted it I guess.

I'd give it a C for first time ease of use (but I'm not that coordinated)
    I'd give it an A for fun
    and of course I'd give it an A because

it brings pizazz to every meal!! (And don't think I didn't say that to DH a couple times while making them!!)

So if you're like me & you like pancakes & you really enjoy ASOTV items, then yes, it's TOTALLY worth it! If you don't want pizazz added to every meal, then it's NOT for you!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

Well who doesn't LOVE A LITTLE PIZZAZ!!!!!!!! it sounds yummy to me!!!! I'll be over for chat tomorrow night!
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

m4travels is offline Deep breaths, everyone. Stay calm. Back away from the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by pbhall13 View Post
    Well who doesn't LOVE A LITTLE PIZZAZ!!!!!!!! it sounds yummy to me!!!! I'll be over for chat tomorrow night!
    See, that just is SO wide open for comment...... but I'll be polite and say...

life is good!
    Dude
    Oh, the tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by m4travels View Post
    but I'll be polite and say...

life is good!

Sheesh, I remember when you were fun.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

Jen...thanks for the review! You really do crack me up! I must say, my meals have been pizzazzless.... Maybe the pancake puff is just what I need to jazz up my meals! LOL
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

I still love my pancake puff. I don't use it all the time but the entire family has decided if we are having cornbread that the Cornbread puffs are the best. I have done Pancakes and cornbread puffs with success and I tried brownies but by the time the I could flip them without messing them up the bottom was burnt. That most likely was the mix (very thick) or the heat of the puff, or impatience so I had the heat too high. Learning to flip is the hardest part but once you get the hang of it they turn out nice. It is tricky to get the perfect heat but that too comes with practice. I would say it has been worth the $20
    Sunshine Rewards

thanks ladies (and dude, lol)! this would be the perfect thing for DD's birthday sleepover AND an excuse for mommy to get a new kitchen gadget! i just looooooooove kitchen gadgets!

Quote Originally Posted by m4travels View Post
    See, that just is SO wide open for comment...... but I'll be polite and say...

life is good!
    Oh I love a good 'comment' , but for the life of me I can't think of what would be impolite to say.........and trust me I am known for making some 'impolite' comments!!!
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards