Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Blackhills of South Dakota

disneyforever is offline Ok, I have finally arrived here... now we can start the party!

Robin,

I just got thru reading all about your trip. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. DH and I, someday, will go to Mt. Rushmore. It's on our to-do list for travel.

Thanks for all the good tips for places to visit. I wrote them down so I wouldn't forget.

Oh, and I read the part about the boys on the horses to my DH and he just laughed and laughed.
    Elaine

DH & I did this trip about 10 yrs ago. I loved the corn palace. But, I like stuff that is kind of different. I thought it cool how all the farmers from different parts of SD grow all the grains for it. It was olympic sports the year we went.
    We did most everything you did and then headed to Yellowstone, Jackson Hole, Denver and then home to MO.
    We want to take the kids on this trip but it's a 2 wk trip to fit everything in w/o killing yourself. Maybe in a few years when they're a bit older than 9 & 6.

Great report.

Photobucket

wow, loved this trip report. i am an east coast gal, born bred and raised. i could never ever live without the ocean.

but my dream is the mountains, and i keep telling hubby i am headed for the grand canyons for my next trip. i think i may have changed my mind now, i really want to retrace some of your steps!

those pics are amazing!

i would love to see your animal photos also, i do know what a bear looks like (up close and in the wild unexpected, but thats another story lol) but i would still love to see your pics. did you get any of the cubs playing around?

thanks so much for this report!!!!!

all star movies for 10! jun 15-21. what a nightmare of a vacation.

Thanks for the trip report - we just talked about going there next year! Your pictures were great!!
    Sunshine Rewards

i went looking on the puter about taking a trip after reading this report.

again, i can't thank you enough for this.

i am hopeing to make this my next destination! have to convince the hubby first though.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesdare View Post
    i went looking on the puter about taking a trip after reading this report.

again, i can't thank you enough for this.

i am hopeing to make this my next destination! have to convince the hubby first though.
    I hope you go, it was a great trip! Prices were very reasonable on everything and I even got some SR credits for our hotel stays. The biggest expense was fuel. If you have any questions- feel free to ask.
    Robin

i was actually looking into the koa campgrounds along the way and while in the area.

can we get any kind of credit for koa's?

I don't know much about koa but we did pass one on our way to Mt Rushmore. It looked very nice and had a Ponderosa restaraunt there. It was probably 5 miles from Rushmore. Can you book koa through travelocity or expedia? They're both sr merchants.
    Robin

i told hubby about this last night.

the problem he has is that he can't take off work that long for us to drive out.

so i came up with a solution.

my son and i can take a relaxing (yeah right) drive out, and have prearranged for hubby to fly out and stay a couple days then he can fly back. while my son and i continue out vacation.

i think i am going to sign up for AAA and then have them make up a trip pak for me, and help me plan out stops and such (whatever they do lol). i seriously think that would be my first step in making this trip come true.

then the next major thing i have to do is save up for this one.