Thread: Lesson of the day

Default Lesson of the day

Let me start by saying I signed up for SR 06/05/2006. It took almost a year before I did anything beyond the clicks and scratch off.
    I know I have seen people post of how they use a spreadsheet to keep track of offers they had completed.
    Well, I finally did one yesterday. Boy do you learn a lot by going back through your history.
    I do SR and one other, very little just for the daily clicks and trivia.
    While I thought I had never duplicated and offer, I found out yesterday that I had indeed. Not intentionally though. I had 4 that were repeated.
    I have a total of 385 completed offers in my spreadsheet now and have sorted them alphabetically so I can find them easier. It was fun to see how sporatic the credits was and how I was to them. At some times like a whole bunch then nothing.
    Lessons learned:

Sometimes when things don't credit, it is nice to see how many have.

Don't assume you have not done and offer.

Don't procrastinate and be lazy, just make the dang spreadsheet.

After hours of cutting and pasting, accidentally I found out you can change the screen size by holding down the ctr button and using the scroll on your mouse. LOL

Just wanted to share my bit of info and thanks to SR for all of my credits that do come through.

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Here is my little lesson also:

If you only do offers on SR you don't need a spreadsheet because Kevin has made it so easy. It is set up so that you will know just by looking at the offer if you have completed it or not. If it says no you haven't done it. There are alot of times that offers will have the same name but be from different advertisers so it is possible that you haven't completed offers twice but just completed offers with the same/similar names from different advertisers. On SR you can't repeat if you check that the offer says yes/no next to it. Next, I used to keep a spreadsheet for shopping so I could remember what I had bought and what I had gotten my credits for. Now I have an easier way. I have two folders in my email, one is called Sunshine and one is called srcredtisrcd. When I get a confirmation email I move it to the sunshine folder. When it credits I move it to the other folder. I check the Sunshine folder periodically and I can see from the date of the emails to see if it has been long enough to file a TT if it hasn't credited. I don't have to worry about spreadsheets anymore. HTH!
    Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth1007 View Post
    Here is my little lesson also:

Next, I used to keep a spreadsheet for shopping so I could remember what I had bought and what I had gotten my credits for. Now I have an easier way. I have two folders in my email, one is called Sunshine and one is called srcredtisrcd. When I get a confirmation email I move it to the sunshine folder. When it credits I move it to the other folder. I check the Sunshine folder periodically and I can see from the date of the emails to see if it has been long enough to file a TT if it hasn't credited. I don't have to worry about spreadsheets anymore. HTH!
    Great idea! I have a spreadsheet but duh! I also have my email set up with folders, including a shopping folder. I have been doing double duty.

I think you are right that sometimes when it seems like things aren't crediting for you and you look back through, you see that a lot really did. Many times someone will post in the forum that they can't get ANYTHING to credit for them. So I pull up their accounts and I see maybe 4-5 offers a week over the course of a year. That's actually a lot of credits when you consider how many of the offers come from the same companies after you have done that many offers!
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

I have an even simplier method for shopping! I have one folder "Sunshine Rewards" and I put everything related to SR in there. For my shopping confirmations, I flag it (there's a little icon at the top that asks if you want to flag this email). I flag all of my shopping confirmations and when they credit I go back and remove the flag! It's sooo easy for me!
    Sunshine Rewards

I actually copy and paste my account history into a spreadsheet. I can keep track of where I am vs. goal for the month, watch what I'm expecting, and even search if I need to all in one place. I like excel for that. I don't take the time to record what offers I have done because if they don't credit I can do them again after 30 days and if they do - like Janet said - it shows up that I've been paid and I can't duplicate them. Of course only works because Sunshine Rewards is the only program I do anymore.