Thread: ? about Crocs and kids - need advice

Default ? about Crocs and kids - need advice

We haven't ever tried Crocs before, but I'm wondering how well they stay on the feet of kids when they are running/playing on the playground?

My son's school is doing "summer camp" right now and he goes to school in his swim suit and water shoes so he is ready for water play time. But before water time and actually during water time they are on the playground which is covered with wood chips.

I bought him water shoes for $5 at the only place I could find them and they are already falling apart (just since the first week of June). the school doesn't want them in sandals (want their toes covered) and I got to thinking maybe Crocs would work?

Any ideas or experience is appreciated!
    Thanks!
    ~Amy
    Sunshine Rewards

Both my toddler, and 5 year old girls has them, and have had no problems with them at all. I personally do not look the likes of them, but they are comfortable for both of the kids to wear, and just slip on.

Both my kids have crocs and love them! They are fine for general play but I don't let them wear them for running around all over. They both wear them all over Disney and other places where there is a lot of walking but I don't trust them for alot of running & sports. Since they are kind of big on the foot, they look a little clumsy to me....but I have clumsy kids too

Our schools (DS's elementary & DD's pre-school) & summer camp actually will not allow kids to wear Crocs. They consider them in the same class as sandals, I guess.
    Sunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

My kids preschool specifically say NO CROCS due to the wood chips etc on the playground. They too consider them just like sandels. My girls know when they go to "school" they have to wear sneakers and socks (or winter time boots etc).
    Otherwise if we're going to the store, running errands to the pool my kids love their crocs, but they love flip flops for the same things too.
    Sunshine Rewards

Thanks for your experiences! That's what I wondered whether he would be tripping all the time if he was running in them on the playground (he already trips enough!)

I'll have to see what the other kids are wearing, he usually runs outside by himself and I don't go out there.
    ~Amy
    Sunshine Rewards

My son doesn't trip in his Crocs.

BUT I've gotten a wood chip in between my toes, and that was horrid. I was a kid, just gardening (not running!) and watering, and the trip to the hospital and the shots of lidocaine between the toes were NOT FUN.

So I'd just have him wear sneakers, not even closed toe Crocs, b/c IF they were to slip off and IF he were to get a wood chip in the wrong place wrong time, it's just nasty.

Other than that, I love Crocs, and I don't know how they stay on my son's feet, but they do, like magic.
    Sunshine Rewards

My kids love their crocs but they aren't allowed to wear them when they will be doing alot of running. I always send them to camp in their sneakers.
    Lynn
    Sunshine Rewards

We tend to wear sneakers for camp as well EXCEPT when it is water time. At that point, they usually change into their crocs.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    We tend to wear sneakers for camp as well EXCEPT when it is water time. At that point, they usually change into their crocs.
    Its funny. After I posted this I thought, I send the kids to summer camp in sneakers but when we go camping the kids wear their crocs the entire time! They just slide them on or off when the are leaving or entering the cabin. We also always wear them at WDW and amusement parks. They are so comfy and you don't have to worry about walking around with soggy shoes - yuck!

We were looking at the kids crocs today. They got them at the begining of last summer. They have gotten so much wear out of them since then and there is so much life left in them! I absolutely LOVE Crocs!!!
    Lynn
    Sunshine Rewards

I checked out what the other kids were wearing today and there were kids in flip flops, Crocs, sandals and water shoes. The school doesn't have a specific shoe policy which I'm really surprised at, but I guess when someone gets hurt then they will (it's only been open 1 year). During the school year they have uniforms, but for the summer they changed it to a more open policy since they are doing the water fun time. Although they did specifically put on the clothing list they wanted water shoes so I guess I'll be heading out to find another pair.

Thanks for your experiences!
    ~Amy
    Sunshine Rewards