Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Vacuum

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

Default Best Vacuum

Can anyone shed some light on the best vacuum out there?

Kim

I really loved my Oreck because it was so lightweight and I also thought it cleaned very well, but it only lasted for about 6-8 years and for $300 (I'm sure it's probably much more now as this was several years ago), I thought it should have lasted longer. The electrolux is also a great vacuum if you don't mind hauling around a canister vac and they are pretty pricey too. I have family and friends who have Dyson's and love them, especially if you have pets. I hear they pick up pet hair like no other vacuum. They range in price from about 300-600+ and they are very heavy, so not the greatest for stairs or people with bad backs which I have. One of my brothers got one and took it back because it was just too heavy. Kirby's are also good, but again, very heavy and pricey. Right now I have a plain old Hoover and it works well. Nothing fancy except a hepa, allergy filter and headlight. What I really love, but only use for a quick pick up is a Shark rechargable stick vac. It won't do the deep cleaning, but is great every other day in between really vacuuming weekly. HTH and good luck with your decision!

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I have an Oreck and it's ok. I have heard Dyson's do the best job sucking the dirt up from your carpet but I have also heard that some carpet companies will void their warranty if you use a Dyson on the carpet as it can ruin some so check with your carpet company before buying one.
    Sunshine Rewards

I, too, love my Oreck!! I'm on my second one... first one lasted over 10 years.

LOL!! I was just coming to post a similar question!! Our hoover windtunnel has bit the dust So we need to be doing some vacuum shopping as well! Pet hair is a big issue in our house, and while I'm already sold on a dyson, my husband isn't..... Looking forward to hearing more comments! Thanks for starting the thread Kim
    Christina
    Sunshine Rewards

My husband is interested in the Kenmore Progressive Direct Drive - does anyone have one of these?! It's half as expensive than the dyson but rated highly. Thanks! (Sorry to be highjacking your thread Kim!! )
    Christina
    Sunshine Rewards

I love my Dyson. I have the Animal. With my pets, I need it. It took awhile to get used to, but its great. It practically pushes itself.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

I have a dyson (not the pet one) and it is still in mint conditions and I bought it 5 years ago. I really love it. Very good suction and some of the attachments really help with getting in the corners of rooms/ceilings and furniture.
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

m4travels is offline Deep breaths, everyone. Stay calm. Back away from the computer.

We, too, are a Dyson family. I hadn't heard of the carpet companies' warnings, but I guess I could understand it with the suction that's used!! You might just be pulling up the pad through the carpeting!
    Dude
    Oh, the tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

I hava Dyson also. What i love most is that it can practically be taken totally apart. If something gets stuck I can take off the part where it is stuck and clean it and then put it back. I have also had parts lost and just went online and ordered a new part. I like the bagless canister and the fact that I can empty it with one hand. I also really like that all of the attachments are contained on the vacuum.
    Sunshine Rewards