Our next trip isn't for another year and a half..end of 2009 or early 2010. We have been alot during the holiday season, early to mid December, and MVMCP. So we were thinking of maybe doing a January trip this time with the Pirate Princess Party if they still have it.

I've been reading up on that time of year and I'm pretty sure the overall crowd level will be ok (was planning 14 days...last week of Jan. and first week of Feb.)

The only negative I've seen is that January (and July) is a popular time for the Brazilian tour groups. I'm not saying anything negative about them, it is more navigating in and around groups of 50+ people.

Anyone have any experience at that time of the year?

We were going to go all out bust and stay at the Contemporary and Hard Rock as dd high school grad vacation. But alas, home ownership has reared its ugly head and I found a leak that has been leaching into the bathroom b/t the subfloor and tile, now I need a whole new floor. Floor, inexpensive. Labor to remove everything including the tub, ouch.

So to deflect the dent and rebuild my emergency fund, we are going for a value. We've stayed at POP the past 4 or 5 trips, so I have no problems with values, but was thinking of doing ASMovies this time, as we've never been.

So....tour groups a pain the end of Jan/early Feb? Crowd levels similar, lower or higher than early/mid december (like 2nd - 16th)?

ASMovies just as nice as POP...I'm guessing it is, and am hoping the whole bus sharing thing with all the AllStars won't be too much that time of year?

Trouble with planning this far ahead is I have way too much time to think!!

Can you even make a room ressie this early? I know you pay 1 night of the max room since the final prices aren't out yet, but wonder if they'll take 2010 at all yet? Don't want to waste my ld minutes if I'm told sorry call back!