For our past three trips to WDW, we've booked two rooms at a Value Resort. After witnessing an incident at the Pop pool last summer, we decided to upgrade to two rooms at CBR--which will cost us around $4800.

I started browsing DVC rentals...and I think that's what we need to do. But I have SO MANY QUESTIONS!

Has anyone ever rented DVC points for AKV? I think we want a 2BR Standard villa (which should be around 390 points, at today's value--I know it'll be more a year from now, but just using that as a baseline guide) so we should come out cheaper than renting two rooms at a moderate PLUS having the benefit of having a kitchenette and washer/dryer.

Can anyone give me any tips? I know there are two different buildings--Jambo (which is actually AKL, yes?) and Kidani (which is new?). Is one "better" than the other? Are they the same point value?

How easy/difficult is it to find someone with the points, resort and dates I'll need? Should I start looking ASAP if I know for sure what our dates are?

What is a "standard" villa? What are the views?

I've looked at what feels like a million different sites and my head is spinning!