Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes

Lisaj68 is offline I've found my new addiction and I'm going to be late for church!!

Whatever you need to keep this awesome site up and running has my vote!!

Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by Alice28 View Post
    My only question is, say we do a trial offer and we have 14 days to cancel during the 'free' period. If we cancel during that free period (say on day 12), will be not get the credit since we are pending for 30 days? I am not sure I get that part of it.

A lot of this depends on how much the advertisers change how they are paying out for trials. If it continues the way that it has been, there are really only about 5 offers that we get credits revoked for. Then again, we have a lot less fraud than other sites. Some of the owners that I talk to get hundreds of credits cancelled a month and they have less traffic than we do.

I keep typing and erasing because I am not sure how to explain it. LOL! Let's put it this way. I had about 25 leads get revoked this month total. I'm sure that a LOT more than 25 people cancelled at the end of free trials. But only 25 people didn't get their credits. All other things being equal, the exact same 25 people would not get their credits under the new system and everyone else still would, regardless of when they did or did not cancel. The only difference is that instead of 100% of you getting credits and 2% of you having them revoked, 100% of you would have a hold on your credits and then 98% of you would have them actually go through on the 16th.

For people who only cash out every couple of months, it will not make any difference at all. It will only affect people who cash out as soon as they see their credits hit their account.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Sounds good to me. I have only one question. How will can I verify the post office box thing? We live in the country and only have a post office box. Whenever I have to have something sent to a street address, I have to use my cousins.Please let me know. Thanks, April
    Sunshine Rewards

bbangel is offline Those of us on the fun coast can party some more!

I know what it's like to be stupid for days

It sounds like you are working very hard to make all this work and I just want to give a big thank you to you and SunshineGuy for working so hard to keep this all going. I think once the new rules are clear to everyone it will all be good. I think most of us are solidly behind you and whatever you need to do.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by apettyjohn View Post
    Sounds good to me. I have only one question. How will can I verify the post office box thing? We live in the country and only have a post office box. Whenever I have to have something sent to a street address, I have to use my cousins.Please let me know. Thanks, April
    I was actually thinking of you when we made the decision to allow people to verify PO Boxes because I knew it was your address. We'll probably use whatever we end up using to have people verify Paypal.

Also keep in mind that we will have some kind of grandfather clause for people who have already been cashing out to gift cards before all of this happened.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs

I think it all sounds good.

I did just cash out via paypal, before coming and reading this... because vacation is coming up quickly, and I told my DH that it will probably take longer... so, we need to allow for more time.

I have no problems with twice a month cashouts via paypal, verifying, ect. It all sounds great, because we'll get to keep earning money!

Clearly you have put tremendous thought and effort in trying to make SR work effectively for everyone involved. I trust and respect whatever decisions you feel is best. I am committed to SR and am happy to do whatever needs to be done to ensure the longevity of the program. It just reassures me that I am involved with a very honest site!
    Sunshine Rewards

I think all of those things sound very reasonable and fair. I'll be happy with anything that keeps the site working for all of us Thank you so much for all the work you are doing, I know the last week has been stressful. We all appreciate your hard work!
    Kari

Sunshine Rewards

Wow, I've had some oral surgery this week and clearly missed a lot. Only been logging in to do the survey, and the boards have been hoppin!

I think your ideas sound fair! I do like that there wont be any revoking of credits under the new system (the going from pending to completed is a nice way to do it, rather than thinking you have something but it can get taken away).

The paypal doesn't affect me. I came here for the Disney gift cards (do like the Rainforest ones too though). Do you mail checks? I had thought about cashing out for a check to put towards my AAA package.

My sad point is the 45 days from completing an offer to when you can get paid for it. That takes a huge chunk out of my earning period. If I had known about SR earlier, it wouldn't be an issue at all. But I'm on a bit of a clock, my next vacation we leave September 11. So realistically, by what date would I need to cash out by for my disney gift cards to arrive for that trip? Also, if the offers will pend for so long, when is the last day I should be doing offers in order to have them available when I need to cash out to get gift cards for my trip? (I guess 45 days pending, plus how many days to mail and get cards packaged up, etc?) Is the 45 going to be a fixed number, or is 30 more likely?

Either way, I need to do more offers I think. I'm just a bit nervous now. I've only ever done freebies on other sites so I'm ok. I just dislike this fraud bit. It's ok for them to screw us, but heaven forbid we follow their ToS!

Sorry to rant - this is a lot to take in. I'm glad I joined SR for my GPT earnings - I feel 'taken care of'!
    Joined SR May 14, 2007

Sunshine Rewards

Now is actually a good time to be completing offers because they will credit to your account no later than July 16. So you would be able to cash out on July 16 and have your cards by early August. All of the offers that you complete in July would credit to your account August 16. So you would really still have time for those to credit and get your cards by September 11 as well. The only credits you would not be able to count on are August trial offers.

And remember that the surveys and small offers are still going to credit as usual. So you could do bigger offers June and July (if you want) and focus on surveys and freebies up until August 16. Then cash out.
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Love the Smurfs