Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Universal Gift Cards

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

Maybe this is unknown territory for them.
    ________
    Mazda 787B
    Last edited by kimntrent; 05-08-2011 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    Well, we are getting closer to the Universal tickets and maybe even some gift cards.
    I would love to see the gift cards. We already have tickets for our March 2008 trip, so I hope you get some good news on the gift cards.

We will have at least $350 in disney gift cards for our Sept trip...so no guilt when we order those $12 Lapu Lapu's or decide to eat and drink our way around Epcot!!

It would be wonderful to have that extra little fun money for Universal!!
    Sunshine Rewards

Royal Pacific 03/09 then back to Disney 12/09 with the help of SR!

Ugh how frustrating that they are making this difficult! Thanks so much for you work on this Cindy!
    Sunshine Rewards

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

I found a thread on DisBoards that said WalMart & Publix sells them in stores, didn't know if I was allowed to post a link to a DisBoard thread?

But one entry said this, from 12/5/06

"You can use them at the ticket booths and Guest services. They cannot be used to purchase merchandise or food. To purchase merchandise/food you must redeem the card for universal dollars at Guest services.

The Universal bucks can then be used almost everywhere except Emerils and third party vendors."

I don't know if they are still available or if you were only looking for bulk corporate purchases, but just an fyi if anyone wanted to buy them as gifts or something. A WalMart just opened near me so I'll check it out to see if they are there this weekend.
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

They are also at CVS phamacies, but we do buy in bulk. Right now they aren't good for swiping in the park, but yes, you get the Universal dollars and can buy about anything with them. By the first of next year, they will be reloadable and able to be used in the park like at Disney. We are right now leaning toward getting the park tickets so that we can also save you money on admissions. We are still working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinecindy View Post
    They are also at CVS phamacies, but we do buy in bulk. Right now they aren't good for swiping in the park, but yes, you get the Universal dollars and can buy about anything with them. By the first of next year, they will be reloadable and able to be used in the park like at Disney. We are right now leaning toward getting the park tickets so that we can also save you money on admissions. We are still working on it.
    Do you know if they'll be accepted at Universal Hollywood as well?

I will find out for sure when we get them.