Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It was killing me tonight...

Well...I guess we are all Disney virgins at some point! LOL! But I would have been DYING to jump in and say something! You have raised your children well!

I helped my sister with her Disney trip (which is being a bit "unfun" for them because of the hurricane rain). Now I am hoping someone else will come to me with wanting me to share all of my Disney knowledge. It is SOOOO fun planning a trip - even if it isn't your own!
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

Magical JenK is offline I'm weird like that

BAMM!! Right in the eye!!

Quote Originally Posted by linanglab View Post
    Now I am hoping someone else will come to me with wanting me to share all of my Disney knowledge. It is SOOOO fun planning a trip - even if it isn't your own!
    I agree Ang! Talking Disney is like crack cocaine to me!! You just can't shut me up once I get going!!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Member Since 01/01/2007 Addiction makes the reward balance higher! ID#4800

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post
    I agree Ang! Talking Disney is like crack cocaine to me!! You just can't shut me up once I get going!!
    Yeah...I hear you on this one Jen...my family thinks I have an unnatural obsession (but who do they call when they need WDW answers...MOI!)

Pamela
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by linanglab View Post
    Well...I guess we are all Disney virgins at some point! LOL! But I would have been DYING to jump in and say something! You have raised your children well!

I helped my sister with her Disney trip (which is being a bit "unfun" for them because of the hurricane rain). Now I am hoping someone else will come to me with wanting me to share all of my Disney knowledge. It is SOOOO fun planning a trip - even if it isn't your own!
    I agree. Disney is my favorite subject and I love telling people all about it!!! I would have had to say something, lol!
    Sunshine Rewards

chipndale is offline All this talk makes me want a ginormous glass of bubbly!

Quote Originally Posted by Magical JenK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pbhall13 View Post
    Yeah...I hear you on this one Jen...my family thinks I have an unnatural obsession (but who do they call when they need WDW answers...MOI!)

Pamela
    I totally agree. I am just catching up on yesterdays events because I spent all of yesterday helping a friend plan a trip to Disney in November. My friend called me to ask a few questions and we spent most of the afternoon calling back and forth. This will be their first trip to Disney and I gave her some must know info - Make dining ressies(if you can still get one), arrive early at the parks(parks do close earlier than in summer months), get park hopper tickets, use fast pass, and last have a plan of attack. I think I blew her away because her plan was to get up, have breakfast and go to a park and get 1 park done per day with swimming in the afternoon. 4 days = 4 parks. I don't think she believed me at all about the dining ressies but I did get her to call and then all the calls started because she could not get the day/time/place she wanted so she kept calling back asking which one would I take etc. I wish that she lived closer because I told her I would have just drove over to her house and spent the day planning the trip. But atleast she is on the right path and has a couple of places to eat and has started to pick and choose which park to visit which days and what they want to do in each park. By the end of the afternoon, she asked if I would send over my sheets that I use to plan our trip - so I sent her over my Disney spreadsheet!
    Go Pens! Sunshine Rewards

Obsessive Planner of Other People's Disney Trips here too

I made all of my brother and SIL's ADRs for them for their first trip.......and then made all the changes too when they got down there and discovered how much they enjoyed the TS buffet restaurants (they have an 8 year old daughter who doesn't like kids food so the buffets were best)

And I helped him get a code by telling him to request the dvd and put his dates into the disney vacation planner on the WDW site........and I ran all his numbers to make sure he got the best deal.

And I gave them all kinds of advice...which ended up with me giving them a mandatory Disney planning meeting/class for 1 1/2 hours a few days before they left

Yes, I am a freak with way too much WDW knowledge.

But you know what? They had a great time and said that my information was invaluable!
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

I feel for the family. They will be the ones to yell about how awful Disney is when they return home. I also love to talk Disney, have helped several folks plan trips. My sons have learned the value of planning before you leave home. They had a friend that went without a plan and they hated it all. DS19 gave them an entire speach about what to do and what not to do and how they had done it all wrong.
    Sammielynn

Thumbs up

Love this thread! I just got off the phone with my Disney pal that I travel with quite a bit, she is going with her hubby in late September and just got an awesome rate from Alamo for her week rental...and she had to call me, cause she knew that I would be the only one that understood her excitement!

Funny I have a gal that works with me, heading down 9/19, 4nts, 1st trip, All Star Sports, Free Dining (I made all her ADR's or she'd have nothing!) and every-time I talk with her, she says things like, "So can I walk from the Magical Park to the other Kingdom?" "So do you think I'll get an upgrade to a nicer room at the hotel?" I want to die everytime asks me something or she says or tries to say the names of the parks!
    And I've sent her countless emails, websites and lent her my guide books...?

Some people Just Don't Get It and Probably Never Will!
    I'M DEB And I'm Making My Way Back To Disney..With Sunshine Rewards...One Click At A Time!

Deb Tokarski -Mouse World Travel, An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner

Booking Disney Destinations (Disney World, DisneyLand, Disney Cruises & Adventures by Disney)
    as well as Sandals & Beaches Resorts and other destinations & other cruise lines worldwide!!

For more information and a free no-obligation quote email me at: deb@mouseworldtravel.com
    You can also Friend me on Facebook--> Deb Tee
    Your Dreams are a Wish Away with ME and I am ready to help you find your Dream Vacation!!

I have a friend that is going for the first time in January. She has her flight but that's it. She has no idea about anything. How many days in the parks, places to eat, where to stay, etc.

So, I have alot of work ahead of me.
    Melissa

Oh boy, are they ever in for a rude awakening.
    Magic Maker, Off to Neverland Travel Co.