Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: (Ended)Countdown Contest: 14 Days Until Christmas

Probably our local women's shelter for abused women. I cannot imagine leaving my home because of fear for my life. Many have small children and have no where else to go. Breaks my heart.
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

I would put the $1000 towards cancer research. In the last few years, I cancer has touched many people in my life and it is such a scary disease. It's one of those things I hope my children don't have to face years from now.
    Sunshine Rewards

I would give 1/2 to the Sarcoidosis Foundation (a disease that my BIL was diagnosed with just over a year ago) Many have never heard of this disease, but it has been getting some attention since comedian Bernie Mac passed away this summer....he had this disease)

more info: http://www.stopsarcoidosis.org/sarco...seasefacts.htm

AND the other half would go to The American Heart Association. I have always given to this charity, but since my mom had a heart attack last year it has jumped even higher on my list of donations.

more info: http://www.americanheart.org/present...tifier=1200000
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

I would give it to our YMCA.
    They are in the heart of Fond du Lac WI and they are trying to build on top of their old site, while trying to build a new site. The reason they are doing this, is because they don't want to displace the Boys and Girls Club. These kids have no where to go after school. I know mine isn't so heart wrenching, but my heart aches for some of these kids I see. I try to attend the 4:00 p.m. step/class and our room has been moved to an old basketball court, with hardly any heat, but we will survive. We just need to wear sweats the first 20 minutes.
    So my $1,000 would go to the YMCA, they are building this thing, with donations that are coming in really slow.
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I would donate to cancer research

I would give the $1000 to an organization called Shoahannah's Hope. It was started by singer Steven Curtis Chapman and his wife to help families who would like to adopt children but are unable to because of the financial aspect.
    When we adopted our three children we received grant money from our adoption agency that helped us so much. So an organization that helps adoptive families like this is near and dear to my heart!

I would donate it to the local Boy Scout Camp (Camp Buck Toms). The first time I went to the camp to visit my older brother I fell in love with the place. Both my brothers and my sons had great experiences there. Just a lovely place and a true playground for young men.
    Sammielynn
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I would donate half to the http://www.imermanangels.org/. My daughter hooked me up with this group. I believe in their mission of a cancer surivor for every a cancer fighter. The surivor that I was paired up with is a wonderful and incredible person. She has really helped me along and is a wonderful friend. This group is doing a lot.

The other half would go to cancer research and if I could choose...Lymphoma research.
    Marilyn

Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

I would donate to St. Jude's Cancer Research. They do many wonderful things for children with terrible diseases. I was blessed to have a childhood friend sent there and given a great experimental drug that saved her life. She is doing wonderfully today and it is thanks to St. Jude's.
    Sunshine Rewards

St. Jude's.. hands down... They do such great things for so many families and children. I have a special place in my heart for sick children (well all children )