Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange things happening with Greenfield...?

Mandi is offline The artist formerly known as Mom2micayla

Default Strange things happening with Greenfield...?

I don't know what's going on or if it's just me. But I've done 3 surveys today and got the exceeded limit on all three.

I did one this morning and got the congrats page. I am a tad obsessed about double checking later in the day to make sure I still get the exceeded limit after getting burned before not checking. Anyway, got the exceed deal immediately after the first survey this morning. I've trained DH to do surveys too. He gets on later in the day and it lets him take one. He didn't clear cookies or anything (he did do his email but that shouldn't have mattered.. he should not have been able to even get into the survey regardless). He mentions it to me and said he double checked for the exceeded thing and got it after his survey. I was shocked that he got into one after I had the exceeded sign that morning. So I get on a few hours later and I'm able to get into yet another one! I just completed it and I got the exceeded limit deal again. So technically, that's 3 surveys I (we) did today. I have no idea if all (or any) of them will credit. I don't know if I should have tried this last one or not. But I was afraid that since it allowed both DH and I to do another survey that the first two didn't even count?

Has anyone else been able to do multiple surveys today after getting the exceeded limit page? I thought maybe this last one was technically tomorrows, but it's not even close to midnight Eastern yet.

If you change e-mails it is possible to do another survey because greenfield tracks by e-mail address.. So yes you and your DH both did one, Did you use the same e-mail for survey #3 as survey #1 even if you did a typo it would be a different address and allow you to go again...

So it looks like you did 3 today and they will most likely all credit....

Its best that once you get the exceeded message your good and should not do again, But i also understand wanting to make sure you get 1 in...

HTH
    -NOn DisBoards
    Next WDW: POP 09.04-14.08 & Free Dining
    Past WDW: 04.01, ASMO 07.05, 09.05, 09.06, 09.07.

Actually no, you can't get into another survey once you've done one, new email or not. Give it a try right now, you'll see what I mean. The "you've exceeded your limit" page pops up and you don't even have a shot at changing your email address. So that's why I was shocked when DH did one (he didn't know I had done one that morning). So that's when I was totally confused and tried the survey link and was able to get in a 3rd time. And just to make absolutely sure it wasn't any email issue, I never changed it from my DH's email from earlier. I'm showing the exceeded limit page (again ) right now and I'm not doing anymore. I guess I'll just hang out and see what happens tomorrow. If I end up with credit for 3 (as well I should IMO, but I'll be happy for just one), I may just not do one or two later so it's a wash. I just don't understand why I was even allowed into another one in the first place, kwim?

Ok your right if cookies were not cleared then you can not change e-mail and you get the limit!!!

However if if you used another computer or even a different internet browser then they would not have the completed cookies... if you use only one browser and only one computer, you might have a program that is automatically clearing cookies or spyware those would all be reasons as to how it could have happened...

It also could have been something with greenfield but i think the cookie has to do with SR and is from SR....

Again sorry for the above incorrect statement and now i hope this has helped...
    -NOn DisBoards

Oh no worries at all. It's just been a strange survey day. We didn't clear any cookies, use different browsers and I'm almost positive we're virus/spyware free, but who knows? Worst case scenario is I don't get credit for any of the surveys I did and we wasted our time. Best case is I somehow get credit for 3. All I know is no matter what it says, I'm not doing another today.

btw, I'm sorry if I sounded snippy in the last post. I didn't intend to. Sometimes inflections are hard to hear in written text, kwim? I do appreciate your responses though.

Yep i kwym... I just try to provide some help and answer questions and even i can get them wrong i may have alot of posts and learned alot but i still have only been around a few months....

If you start having problems with this exceded thing again or offers not crediting i would start thinking you have something clearing your cookiess..

BTW you will most likley get the 3 to credit!!!
    -NOn DisBoards

Mandi...the same thing happened to me today. I did a survey at 4:30 AM Sunday morning and then my DH was able to do another at 1:30 AM tonight. We used the same computer and the same e-mail address. I also checked the "Exceeded survey" page and found that at 1:30 AM it was showing the survey checklist page. Of course I panicked and thought the morning survey did not credit even though I was routed back to the "Congratulations" page. Since my DH usually has better luck qualifying, I had him take the survey.
    Last edited by kayjo; 10-23-2007 at 01:05 AM. Reason: none

Same thing happened to me on Saturday. I did a survey, then later I was able to get into the survey page again. I thought the first probably didn't credit and did another one. I couldn't get any yesterday (got the exceeded message all day), so I wondered if Greenfield's internal clock was set differently and I was within 24 hours of Saturday's. Best case, I get credit for both on Saturday since I didn't get a chance yesterday!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

That explains something for some of us. I read some were in the same boat as I was. We were getting the exceeded message despite the fact we hadn't done a survey yet. Looks like we were getting your exceeded message and you were getting our chance to get a survey.
    I personally never got a survey at all Saturday because of that. It wouldn't let me in until I had less than an hour in the day and then it just kicking me out of them.
    Since I got your exceeded message could you share some of those extra credits you may be getting???........
    Sunshine Rewards

IDK what everyone else's experience is, but I feel like once I get the "you have successfully completed a survey" message is from SR, I am done. I rarely check for the "exceeded limit" message unless I don't get that congrats page, and I am always credited for it. I hope that those who completed multiple surveys don't get the extra credits since many didn't even get a chance at one. It is so frustrating to try and qualify... but I'm on a mission and haven't missed one yet this month!