Thread: when to buy airfare??

Default when to buy airfare??

We have another trip planned for November 2012!! We have vouchers from our trip in March 2011 from getting bumped off our flight. So we are going back to visit friends and for me to participate in the Wine and Dine Half marathon!!!
    My question is, I booked our trip last night using our vouchers for the kids and me b/c we HAD to...expiration date is tomorrow, but my dh will be joining us a week later so should I buy his ticket now or wait? I hate that the airfare is SO much more than last year-but gas prices are going wacko too, so since I don't have a crystal ball does anyone out there have advice on what to do? Buy or wait?
    thanks!
    Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards
    Heather
    Dreaming of our next trip......Nov 3-13, 2012!!

For most of my trips, I book my airfare as soon as the dates are released. For my upcoming trip, I am traveling in July and I booked in December. If the prices drop, the airline will give a credit. The prices just seem to be rising so I don't expect a credit but it is nice to know just in case. Hope you have a nice vacation!

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

I book as soon as they are released usually too and already have my airfare for October. Booked it on 2/19 and it's already gone up 164.60 pp. I agree with the gas prices, I wouldn't take a chance on airfare going down.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Do all airlines give a credit if flights go down in price?