Page 1 of 136 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Posts about My Thought Counts/OTX Surveys Pls Read 1st Post!

Default Posts about My Thought Counts/OTX Surveys Pls Read 1st Post!

Since this is now a sticky I'm taking over the first post. Hope you don't mind.

Here is a summary of important lessons learned for OTX surveys:

OTX recently changed and you have to enter an email address even if it states its optional. It is now there way of tracking us and how often we do surveys. They are now on a strict 24 hour timer and will let you know if you are too early.

Additionally, if you don't clear cookies you run the risk of the surveys not crediting. I have had that happen to me twice now so I clear before trying. Glad it worked for people in the past but apparently OTX has made some changes so we all need to adapt as well.

Please do not mention brand names or companies that you give your opinion on through these surveys.

Also if you want to avoid being called a cheater or dishonest you must add 1 year to your birthday in 2008 even if your birthday hasn't passed. OTX has a glitch in their system they have not fixed that assumes we were all born on January 1st and we are all 1 year older. So for example, my birthday is in September and it is April. Obviously my birthday hasn't passed but OTX says it has so I add 1 year to my age and voila! no problems!

Update: If you think you are getting the same survey each day please read this:

If you are using the same email and demographics then you are not getting the same surveys. There are many many surveys with the same screener questions but they are different surveys. Once you close that window you are shut out of the surveys until tomorrow. So next time just keep going and don't close out until it either says thanks for taking a survey or none available.
    Last edited by m 'n c; 10-14-2008 at 08:04 PM.

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by jjskribs View Post
    Fool that I am I just tried another OTX survey after getting burned twice yesterday. I was hoping that by now they would have corrected their "age" problem. After completing the entire 30 minute survey I typed in my "correct" age and again they told me I was "being dishonest." That's it for me with these surveys. Much as I would like the extra $.70 a day it's not worth it to invest that much time and not get credit.
    I was just coming here to see if anyone has tried. Sorry you got burned again, I was mad last night too.

April
    Sunshine Rewards

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

Is it just particular surveys or all of your OTX tries? I was able to get one credit last night. It was on nesquick.

I never fill in the email field, but I don't think that should have anything to do w/ the birthday issues.
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

It was a problem everytime I tried OTX yesterday, no matter what the survey. I just tried a little while ago for the first time, and it says I've taken too many surveys. Since I haven't successfully done an OTX survey since Saturday or Sunday.........I think it still has problems. Here is what I keep getting:

Come back soon

We're sorry, but you seem to have reached the maximum number of surveys in our system for the time period. If you have joined several survey programs, you may have taken one of our surveys on another survey program.

We have many survey opportunities most of the time, so don't hesitate to try again tomorrow for your next chance to give your opinion.

Note that we are temporarily unable to send you back to your survey program. Please accept our apologies.

COPYRIGHT © 2000 - 2006 Online Testing Exchange Technical Problems?
    Last edited by spring; 01-02-2008 at 03:47 PM.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

I just had the same problem. I spent about 30 minutes on one about online travel companies and at the end it asked for my age and I got the message that I was being dishonest. I may be done with OTX.
    Lisa

Sunshine Rewards

I hate to think about the number of OTX surveys I have completed, and then gotten some ridiculous error message at the very end and not gotten credit.

What irks me though, is when I try to retake one, it recognizes that I already took one and will not let me. So OTX is getting completed surveys, but not paying out for them!!!! Now that really upsets me!

Laura
    Disney Myspace GraphicsSunshine Rewards

m 'n c is offline Is there a tequilla club I could join?? I'd settle for rum though.

How odd. I have not come across those error messages lately and I have been taking the surveys almost daily. I wish I had some great advice to give but I am stumped.
    Sunshine Rewards

spring is offline Hey, there is no traffic better than all of us! They need to get a grip!

I just got home from work, and being the fool I am, I retried it. I only got so far when I got this:

Unexpected error

We’re sorry, but an unexpected error has occurred. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion.
    PAT - 21X SUPERMEMBER
    Sunshine Rewards

Unexpected error

We’re sorry, but an unexpected error has occurred. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion.[/QUOTE]

Yep, that is one of them. and i bet if you retry, it will not let you!

Laura
    Disney Myspace GraphicsSunshine Rewards

askomsky is offline DUH!!!!! Smack myself upside the head

Careful or I'm going to beat your booty with a wet noodle until I drive you insane!

Quote Originally Posted by m 'n c View Post
    How odd. I have not come across those error messages lately and I have been taking the surveys almost daily. I wish I had some great advice to give but I am stumped.
    Neither did I, the ones that are burning us are the ones at the end for classification purposes are asking for your age, when you put in your correct age (bc your bday hasn't happened in 08 yet) it boots you out telling you your dishonest. Yesterday the 1st was when it first started happening.
    Sunshine Rewards