Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: SSI Survey Question

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Tricia posted a while back that SSI wil not work with FF. They rarely if ever credit. Actually SR is designed to be used with IE only. I realize that some things will work with other browsers but I have gotten the best results using only IE. I don't have any survey crediting issues using only IE. Try it for a week and see how it works.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth1007 View Post
    Tricia posted a while back that SSI wil not work with FF. They rarely if ever credit. Actually SR is designed to be used with IE only. I realize that some things will work with other browsers but I have gotten the best results using only IE. I don't have any survey crediting issues using only IE. Try it for a week and see how it works.
    Thanks for the tip, I will give it a shot!

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth1007 View Post
    Really, I missed this bit of info....I always use FF and always get credit for the SSI surveys and all other surveys for that matter, strange.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

I used IE today and finally got one to credit after over a week of none crediting; funny tho,that my first 2 did credit using FF. but guess I'll stick to IE for now and see how it goes with that! -- I use IE for AMP (because it started saying 'invalid link, no support' etc in FF a couple months ago), but have had no trouble with the other 4 surveys crediting using FF. I actually prefer FF over IE, anyway, in general.
    Last edited by lanny76; 05-22-2010 at 05:11 PM.

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.

Default Surveys Credits

I use FF for all surveys now even with AMP, they do credit 98% of the time. I have windows 7 and IE does in 64 bit does not do anything, is not compatible with Adobe, or the flash player. I am not sure why people have issues with FF and credits, unless they re not clearing cookies which is easy in FF.

I had a problem with AMP crediting a while back, but I was using my laptop and IE for AMP. If you have windows 7 IE becomes a big problem, it is in 64 bit and the processer and you cannot remove and install IE mine being Intel is not compatible, and it just will not download any players needed to take surveys. It has IE8 and you cannot remove it and, you also can not install IE 7.

Jtowner
    Last edited by jtowner; 05-22-2010 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Add

Quote Originally Posted by jtowner View Post
    I use FF for all surveys now even with AMP, they do credit 98% of the time. I have windows 4 and IE does in 64 bit does not do anything, is not compatible with Adobe, or the flash player. I am not sure why people have issues with FF and credits, unless they re not clearing cookies which is easy in FF.

Jtowner
    Oh, I clear cookies religiously, but SSI simply was not crediting this last week at all in FF! AMP won't even let me take them on FF anymore - so not sure how that works for others, then.

We make a living by what we get; we make a life by what we give.

Sometimes things will work when they aren't supposed to but for best results you should be using Internet Explorer. If you can get things to work with using Firefox then great but then if they don't credit that is the very first reason I would look to for it not crediting. I know Tricia doesn't have issues with anything crediting and when she did SSI using Firefox they did not credit. It seems there is a high number of people who do not get credit when using FF. Does that mean you won't ever get credits? Nope it just means that you use FF to do surveys at your own risk. If they don't credit then all we can say is don't use FF. We can only suggest the best practices for getting credit. Whether or not people use them is up to them.
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by jtowner View Post
    I use FF for all surveys now even with AMP, they do credit 98% of the time. I have windows 4 and IE does in 64 bit does not do anything, is not compatible with Adobe, or the flash player. I am not sure why people have issues with FF and credits, unless they re not clearing cookies which is easy in FF.

Jtowner
    I also wanted to point out that while you say you have no issues in taking all of your surveys using firefox if you look at your posting history you will see that you have a very high number of posts about survey taking and crediting issues. I would suggest that perhaps Firefox is not working so well for you. Again I can only sugges that Sunshine Rewards was created and designed to be used with Internet Explorer. I used to be an exclusive AOL user and it took alot for me to finally start using only IE for SR. I still use AOL for everything else but I only use IE with SR and it is because I got tired of surveys getting hung up, timing out, giving me error messages and not crediting. Since I switched 2 years ago I no longer have crediting issues. Again it is your choice but your posting history suggests that perhaps it might be worthwhile for you to see if there is any way to use IE instead of FF. Good luck either way.
    Sunshine Rewards

Using IE tonight, absolutely no luck with SSI; continually going to the "flag page". :-)

I've been using IE with SSI, and haven't had a credit come through yet. I've completed about 4 surveys various days, but nothing has come through yet. Haven't tried in a couple days, but i'll keep trying to see if I can get one to credit.