Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: DVC - yet another rental question....

kimntrent is offline How fun this was. I loved it. Can we do it again some time?

We use the grocery service last time and got several cases of water and put them in the fridge and saved a ton that way. We did use the refill mug too and that saved some also. But you will be amazed at how much you do use the kitchen. Expecially while others are getting ready. 5 can fit in a 1 bedroom too with a rollaway and a pull out sleeper sofa. We have done it several times without any problem. It is much easier at OKW. May I suggest if you are renting points to rent mid week on everything and then the Friday and Sat at a mod hotel. And the DDP you get with an AP is nice and will save you a ton of money. Right there alone does add up nice.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyBoys View Post
    FYI, we were at SSR earlier this month on the DDP and got the refillable mugs, they were the exact same "Year of a Million Dreams" generic mugs that are found at all the resorts now. Not sure when they are going to change those though.
    I think you're correct, actually. The one I have here at work is from a prior trip... I went solo in January and DD took my mug which was the YOMD. I buy one every trip not just to use there but to have at home... keeps me in a Disney frame of mind!

The best thing about the kitchen is having a regular fridge to load with full size beverages!
    Sunshine Rewards

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

Coming late to this discussion but I love all DVC chat!

Just one thing to keep in mind about squeezing 5 people into a 1 bedroom...only 4 will be on your reservation. Which means no EMH or DDP for that unlucky 5th person.

That said...if you need any DVC help (running numbers if missymouse is not around or general questions) just ask. I don't know which I like talking about more Disney in general or DVC!
    Sunshine Rewards

This is what I am very confused about. According to the Dis, many Cm's allow 5 in a 1 bedroom with all 5 on the reservation. That is the issue. I am not sure exactly what to look for because there is different information from all directions! AAUUGGHH!!!

And Janet - feel free to run as many numbers for me as you want - all the possibilites, etc! LOL!!!
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

I am not sure if you want to base your vacation on MAYBE getting all 5 of you on a reservation. If you don't you may have to sell one of the kids on the spot!
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by ligrumpygirl View Post
    I am not sure if you want to base your vacation on MAYBE getting all 5 of you on a reservation. If you don't you may have to sell one of the kids on the spot!
    Well...depending on my 13 year old's attititude (he will be 14 when we go) he may be on the chopping block! LOL!!!!

I might do some asking around on the DIS about the 5 in a 1 bedroom thing. I need to put on my armor though. It may be rough in there! LOL

If I could get away with a 1 bedroom, I would like to price them all out. I do really like AK, though, which is a 5 person. But when it comes right down to it....I try to go as cheaply as possible. I would probably do all POR again this time if it wasn't for DH. Not that I don't want a change, I just like to spend as little as possible. Hey...I am at WDW! I would be happy just to be there WHEREVER I stayed!
    Angela
    Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by linanglab View Post
    Well...depending on my 13 year old's attititude (he will be 14 when we go) he may be on the chopping block! LOL!!!!

I might do some asking around on the DIS about the 5 in a 1 bedroom thing. I need to put on my armor though. It may be rough in there! LOL

If I could get away with a 1 bedroom, I would like to price them all out. I do really like AK, though, which is a 5 person. But when it comes right down to it....I try to go as cheaply as possible. I would probably do all POR again this time if it wasn't for DH. Not that I don't want a change, I just like to spend as little as possible. Hey...I am at WDW! I would be happy just to be there WHEREVER I stayed!
    Just make sure you keep your inquiries in the Occupancy thread and you should be ok.

I think I have given you the basic info on all the DVC resorts for a week. If you want daily points you can either let me know or on the DVC boards on disboards is a points Chart and maybe a calculator that you can put in your dates and it will give you all the info you need.

I think trying to rent anywhere but AKV is a bit if a gamble getting that 5th person on a reservation.

As far as threatening the DS13 get a book called Get Out of My Life, but first could you drive me and Cheryl to the Mall? by Anthony Wolf. It is funny and it got me through that age with my daughter and is helping me keep perspective with my DS also 13
    Last edited by missymouse; 03-20-2008 at 10:02 AM.
    Sunshine Rewards

Another tiny money consideration to think about - the prices for the Disney hotels will have tax tacked on to them too (I think 16 or 18%??)

Renting points for DVC you just pay the price of the points, no tax on that.

Just wanted to throw that out there for when you are doing bottom line pricing
    Sunshine Rewards
    Carrie

You are right about tax, but the quotes from Disneyworld.com includes the taxes. I was going to point that out but checked to make sure before. So if you get a really good AAA price you need to verify if it is with or without the tax.

Good point though that you also have to consider the hotel tax at the resorts.
    Sunshine Rewards

Member services will allow 5 without extra bedding and towels, and you can rent an extra towel pack for $6 when you check in. Don't forget that OKW has that big laundry room in each 1 bedroom too, so throwing towels in the washer and dryer daily is not an issue if you MUST have a fresh towel every day. We usually just throw them in the dryer to freshen them. Also, the OKW laundry room makes a great little bedroom for a small child on an air matress or the cushions from the sofa.

This is a response to the question I asked about 5 in a 1 bedroom. I also asked about EMH and they did not answer that. However, throughout the thread it said if there is 5 on the reservation, then they will give 5 keys, which will get us ALL to EMH. Is that right?

If we waited until January to put in a request for a DVC resort, is that going to be too long to wait? DH's work usually closed during the week of July 4th. However, there is talk that THAT week will be mandatory and we will be able to pick our own week. But we will not know until the end of January. Will that make it too hard to find someone to rent to us?
    Angela
    Sunshine Rewards