Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Get Cash-Back for Disney Tickets

Quote Originally Posted by RENITA View Post
    The code was specific for our family 40% off rooms, and the best deal we could find.

Many Thanks for the quick replies. Will contact Tom about the transfer.
    We received your e-mail and have replied twice, but I'm fearful that perhaps you didn't get our replies.

Maybe they went to your Spam folder, or maybe we're sending to the wrong e-mail address. I've never seen an underscore (_) at the end of an e-mail name like the one you provided, so maybe that was a type-o?

Or maybe you got our reply and I'm just being too impatient
    Mouse Unlimited - The Ultimate Disney Travel Agency
    Mouse Unlimited | MU Forum | MU Blog | MU Twitter | MU Facebook

Can we receive cash back for tickets to NOJ? We already have annual passes and are staying at BLT through DVC but just about to order NOJ tickets and saw this thread and got me wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by MKCP84 View Post
    Can we receive cash back for tickets to NOJ? We already have annual passes and are staying at BLT through DVC but just about to order NOJ tickets and saw this thread and got me wondering.
    Unfortunately, Disney doesn't pay commission on Special Event Tickets, so there would be no cash back. Good question, though.

We will, however, order Special Event Tickets for clients who have booked vacations with us, as a courtesy.

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    Do DVC members get their $100 discount through you?
    Hope this is okay to mention....if not, I won't be upset if it's deleted:

Although you couldn't get your AP through Mouse Unlimited, you could buy tickets from them and when you get to Disney, you can apply the cost of the tickets towards your AP. It would be a great way to get your your Sunshine Rewards and then get your DVC discount on your APs.

I think we'll do this next time. We are new DVC members and we're planning on getting AP's next year but I'd love to support Mouse Unlimited and get my SRs if I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph_in_MA View Post
    Hope this is okay to mention....if not, I won't be upset if it's deleted:

Although you couldn't get your AP through Mouse Unlimited, you could buy tickets from them and when you get to Disney, you can apply the cost of the tickets towards your AP. It would be a great way to get your your Sunshine Rewards and then get your DVC discount on your APs.

I think we'll do this next time. We are new DVC members and we're planning on getting AP's next year but I'd love to support Mouse Unlimited and get my SRs if I can.
    Steph: You're exactly right! I didn't say it because I figured I'd just sound like a salesman, so I'm glad you did

We anticipate that ticket prices will increase in a few weeks, since they routinely do in early August. With that said, you could actually save a few dollars by buying the most expensive Park Hoppers you can buy right now.

If you buy the tickets now, at the 2010 rates, you can get the 2011 value of them as a credit IF you go through a turnstile first, THEN go to the ticket window to upgrade to an AP.

By going through the turnstile first, you essentially lock in the ticket value at the price of the ticket on that day in time, as opposed to what you actually pay if you buy them now. So, when you go to actually buy the AP, they should give you credit for your Park Hoppers equal to what that same ticket would have cost you that morning at the ticket window.

Of course, even if you don't beat the August price increase, you still come out ahead by getting them through us, since you'll get cash-back. Just place an order on our website here.

I have a (hopefully) quick question.

We are renting DVC points for our next trip but still need tickets and dining. Can I purchase our tix through UT and add dining "a la carte" through my DVC reservation? Or are you still required to purchase your ticket(s) through Disney to add the dining plan?

I am confusing myself!

I would LOVE to get our tix from UT before the prices are raised in August but don't want to shoot myself in the foot when it comes to adding the dining plan!

Quote Originally Posted by Kittykat View Post
    I have a (hopefully) quick question.

We are renting DVC points for our next trip but still need tickets and dining. Can I purchase our tix through UT and add dining "a la carte" through my DVC reservation? Or are you still required to purchase your ticket(s) through Disney to add the dining plan?

I am confusing myself!

I would LOVE to get our tix from UT before the prices are raised in August but don't want to shoot myself in the foot when it comes to adding the dining plan!
    Yes, DVC members may purchase the Dining Plan before their check-in date. It needs to be paid in full, via CC, at least 3 days before check-in if I remember correctly.

Since you're renting points, I'm guessing the point Owner will need to add it for you, but that's a question you need to pose to the point broker or the point Owner directly.

Everything DVC is ala carte. Most DVC members have Annual Passes, but you can also buy separate tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by MouseUnlimited View Post
    Yes, DVC members may purchase the Dining Plan before their check-in date. It needs to be paid in full, via CC, at least 3 days before check-in if I remember correctly.

Since you're renting points, I'm guessing the point Owner will need to add it for you, but that's a question you need to pose to the point broker or the point Owner directly.

Everything DVC is ala carte. Most DVC members have Annual Passes, but you can also buy separate tickets.
    I knew I had to add the dining plan through the broker, I just wasn't sure if we had to purchase tickets at the same time as well (through Disney).

But that's good news! I can order my tickets through you sometime over the next few days!

Thanks for your quick response, it is GREATLY appreciated.

PSL1013 is offline We plan to eat and drink around the world

Quote Originally Posted by MouseUnlimited View Post
    Steph: You're exactly right! I didn't say it because I figured I'd just sound like a salesman, so I'm glad you did

We anticipate that ticket prices will increase in a few weeks, since they routinely do in early August. With that said, you could actually save a few dollars by buying the most expensive Park Hoppers you can buy right now.

If you buy the tickets now, at the 2010 rates, you can get the 2011 value of them as a credit IF you go through a turnstile first, THEN go to the ticket window to upgrade to an AP.

By going through the turnstile first, you essentially lock in the ticket value at the price of the ticket on that day in time, as opposed to what you actually pay if you buy them now. So, when you go to actually buy the AP, they should give you credit for your Park Hoppers equal to what that same ticket would have cost you that morning at the ticket window.

Of course, even if you don't beat the August price increase, you still come out ahead by getting them through us, since you'll get cash-back. Just place an order on our website here.

Not sure how much you are saving if you have to use one of the days on the ticket to go through the turnstile first? You would just need to do the math to see if it's worth all the trouble.
    Pam
    Sunshine Rewards
    ENJOY TODAY, TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED TO ANY OF US

WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS: CUT THEM IN HALF AND RUB THEM ON YOUR ELBOWS AND KNEES

Quote Originally Posted by PSL1013 View Post
    Not sure how much you are saving if you have to use one of the days on the ticket to go through the turnstile first? You would just need to do the math to see if it's worth all the trouble.
    When you upgrade to an AP it doesn't matter how many "days" you've used on the ticket. All that matters is the value of the ticket. (Going through the gates just locks in the original price you paid, preventing them from charging you the difference of what you paid vs. the current gate price.) It's hard to do the math without knowing what AP prices might be after the increase, but the overall savings will be higher when you factor in SR cash back.

We did a DVC AP upgrade like this two years ago, and I didn't find it to be too much of a hassle. We just went to a park to eat lunch when we arrived, then upgraded and continued about our day