Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Credits Reversed

Oh okay -- thanks!
    Sunshine Rewards

Ok..I have a question(s) and I have never really known where to post it or how to answer it.

Ok so places like Generous Genie that have several offers on a page...are those actually different offers or is more like out of the 5 offers choose ONE only. I have not done too many of the offers because I never really understood how those multiple ones worked.

Also once you click on an offer...just how much (how many pages) do you have to do to get credit? I have clicked on a few and there is just page after page after page after page...etc of offers tat you have to click yes or no to. For example..I might click on the offer where you could get a $500 shopping card and the offer is for 40 cents. I KNOW I don't want to do all the required stuff for that huge shopping card but just how much do you have to do to get credit for the 40 cents???

I have gotten MOST of my credits from surveys and a few of the offers but I am sure I could do more if I just understood the way things worked a bit better.

I am sorry if this is not the right place to ask this...it can be moved if necessary.

I think I need a bit more clarification on the Vista Print thing. (I keep thinking of Denzel's line in Philadelphia..."I need you to explain it to me like Im' a 3 year old", or something like that(

I would have sworn that we've been told we can do each offer they throw to SR. But now with the question/answer on the last page, my overanalyzing "brain" thinks it's seeing that you can only do ONE offer from them, EVER.

Is it one offer from them ever, or is it one of each offer they send SR's way?

I guess from now on if they don't recognize the number I will have to just give up on the offer.
    That's what I've done. All I have is a cell from the area code up the road, and it REFUSES that number (even though it's a real number). But once I tried to just change the area code, and it refused that too...so their system can recognize that the number doesn't match (area code and prefix), but they can't figure out that the real number is real? They have a silly system.

Quote Originally Posted by jnorth1007 View Post
    I have found that the easiest part about using SR is that the offers are all marked whether or not you have gotten credit for them. I also like that if you go to the All Offers link then anything on their you haven't received credit for or or haven't placed in pending.
    I don't know...SR shows I haven't done Synovate, but I have a Synovate account... I can't figure out from Synovate if it's a household or an individual account. Just found out that DH likes to do surveys every once in awhile, and was SHOCKED to find out he was doing them for FREE! Can you IMAGINE???!!???? I want to get him hooked up with some place that might pay, but can't figure out if I can sign HIM up with Synovate or use the account I already have with them...

Anyway, it's not a foolproof system, b/c I know I didn't join Synovate through the other big site that starts with M that is the only other one I use, but I don't have credit through SR for it, it seems...

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineGirl View Post
    I know other rewards sites specifically say to try the freebie offers over again with other email addresses. Given what our advertisers have told us about duplication, it really surprises me that they would be openly encouraging that.
    One wonders if they just do NOT understand computers, IP address, cookies, and so on.
    Sunshine Rewards

also move things to pending just to get rid of them, sorry about that.

On the Generous Genie, those are all separate offers. We limit how many we have up at one time so that you cannot do too many at once (usually only 1 or 2). And then we switch them out with new ones as new ones come out. I think most sites do that. YOU run into trouble if you do 2 from me, 2 from Kira, 2 from Dmitry, etc. so that you have actually done 8 or 10 in a week instead of the 1-2 that the advertisers recommend.

Vista prints are all technically separate offers. So you can do each one once total. Sometimes we don't get the credits and cannot dispute them because they are more like freebies than shopping. But it is NOT fraud to do each offer once. If you like what you get from them, then the expectation is that you would shop directly through them or through the shopping links for future purchases because they take a BIG loss on each free tshirt, free business cards, etc offer (figure the item itself, the reward you get, the cut that I get, and the cut that the third party middle man gets).
    Tricia
    Sunshine Rewards Owner

Visit our sister sites!
    Helping Moms Connect|Buy Twilight Stuff|
    Percy Jackson Stuff|Hunger Games Fan
    Love the Smurfs

Thanks for the explanations Tricia! I've pretty much stopped doing offers anywhere but SR. I still do the paid clicks on a few other sites, but I've had such good results with SR that I stick with this site!

It's great that you inform us of all the new developments!
    Sunshine Rewards

cglaura is offline Am I the only one picturing the Brady Bunch

Quote Originally Posted by disney_girl View Post
    Thanks for the explanations Tricia! I've pretty much stopped doing offers anywhere but SR. I still do the paid clicks on a few other sites, but I've had such good results with SR that I stick with this site!

It's great that you inform us of all the new developments!
    Ditto...this is my main site now and I do one other just daily surveys/paid emails - a.k.a takes forever and a day to get to cash out status but quick, safe and easy . I feel kind of bad because I like the person at the other site, I've just been a member here the longest and it is more like "family" and wouldn't want to risk being banned.
    Coupon and Discount Shopping at Sunshine Rewards

Okay, so I just received an e-mail from SR (a normal, look at our new offers etc type e-mail) that showed my balance. I was kind of shocked since I had just cashed out a couple weeks ago, and I thought my balance should've been zero. So, I logged in and my history says that $10 was reversed. Ten dollars gone?! What in the world happened with the photostamps offer?? I've never ordered photostamps other than that one time.

Sorry if I'm a little more perturbed than others here, but I'm still a little upset over the fact that I had originally cashed out for paypal a week and a half to two weeks ago only to find out that no, the payout time was not 3 days (as was stated on the redemtion page), but it would be almost a month. Not really much of an apology was offered either. Soooooooooo, now not only do I not have my paypal in time for my daughter's birthday this weekend (the ONLY reason I cashed out for it in the first place instead of a gc was because I thought it would be the quickest redemption), but now, I won't even be receiving a cash out at all!!?? So, now I guess I'd need to "re-order" my redemption, but if I do, I'm starting to wonder if I'll even see it?! Again, sorry if I sound upset, but I haven't been active with SR since last year only to start doing offers again recently. Now, I'm having second thoughts about the whole program. Just a little irritated, and I hope that my feelings are at least understandable given my situation.

I'll probably regret writing this e-mail later. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by savedbygrace View Post
    Okay, so I just received an e-mail from SR (a normal, look at our new offers etc type e-mail) that showed my balance. I was kind of shocked since I had just cashed out a couple weeks ago, and I thought my balance should've been zero. So, I logged in and my history says that $10 was reversed. Ten dollars gone?! What in the world happened with the photostamps offer?? I've never ordered photostamps other than that one time.

Sorry if I'm a little more perturbed than others here, but I'm still a little upset over the fact that I had originally cashed out for paypal a week and a half to two weeks ago only to find out that no, the payout time was not 3 days (as was stated on the redemtion page), but it would be almost a month. Not really much of an apology was offered either. Soooooooooo, now not only do I not have my paypal in time for my daughter's birthday this weekend (the ONLY reason I cashed out for it in the first place instead of a gc was because I thought it would be the quickest redemption), but now, I won't even be receiving a cash out at all!!?? So, now I guess I'd need to "re-order" my redemption, but if I do, I'm starting to wonder if I'll even see it?! Again, sorry if I sound upset, but I haven't been active with SR since last year only to start doing offers again recently. Now, I'm having second thoughts about the whole program. Just a little irritated, and I hope that my feelings are at least understandable given my situation.

We have clearly stated in emails and on the terms and conditions page that we are now holding paypal cashouts and that if an advertiser reverses the credit, that we will reverse the paypal cashout. Because of so many credits reversing, we have had to institute this stipulation. If you were one of the people that ordered the cheap stamps from stamps.com against what we were telling our members because we were afraid of reversals, then this could be the reason you had that reveral. Stamps.com had a mistake on their website and it was corrected rather quickly by them, but they will not pay out for this order. Advertisers have the right to do that, but you can file a TT about your order if you like. We understand your frustration, but we have stipulations that we have to follow also and paypal cashouts seem to be affected the biggest because of fraud.
    If you think you know all the answers, it just means you haven't been asked all the questions.

jnorth1007 is offline Got my mind wandering and luckily I didn't get lost

just dropped by for a ...

Quote Originally Posted by savedbygrace View Post

Wow thats a shame that you had a credit reversed from photostamps. I know there was so much discussion about the problems with this offer because of the free stamps and also because some people, like Jen I think, ordered the full price stamps and didnt get credit. It is an unfortunate side effect of doing these types of sites. The offers are paid by advertisers and we all have to play by their rules. I guess though that it is a good thing that the paypal cashouts are held because if they would have reversed after you cashed out you would have owed SR money. Would have sucked to try earning money just to get back to zero. I think that the reason for hold off on paying out these paid offers until the 15th of the next month is so that SR gets paid and cleared by the advertisers and then they know the money is free and clear. Keeps people from having to return money they have already gotten. Im sorry about your daughters birthday. I hope it all goes really great anyway.
    Sunshine Rewards