Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's discuss Disney

We tried the kitchen sink from Beaches and Cream and LOVED it! If you want to see it you can search for it on youtube. It was so much fun!
    Melissa

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

ligrumpygirl is offline Ahhhh...so you only like me for my Moose Munch??

We have eaten there...but for various reasons I never get to eat the ice cream!! I will HAVE to get there this time...just for the ice cream!
    Sunshine Rewards

Have you eaten at Boma's? We were supposed to have breakfast there our last trip but didn't make it. It's definately on our list of things to do next time.
    Melissa

Earn Cash Back at Sunshine Rewards

I also need a Disney fix. I was originally going to take Bethany on a a mom and daughter trip in July....well....things sort of have crumbled. No trip until NEXT July. SOOOOO long away. Everything is reminding me of Disney! DH brought me home a caramel/chocolate covered apple. It reminded me of the apples I so much wanted to buy at DTD last year. That commercial with the parents on the computer, and the carriage pulling up to their house is on ALL the time. I LOVE that commercial. I even hold back tears sometimes. I know....pretty sappy....

You all NEED to do Trip Reports when you all return! And I NEED to win a trip. I keep telling DH that THIS is the year that I will win a trip to WDW! Or I will take the DVC prize from YOAMD! I just want to go terribly.
    Angela
    Come read my blog! http://chattywomen.com/events - Angela's Events
    Sunshine Rewards

oh Angela sorry that the trip didn't work out.......just think of all the planning you will have for your long trip in july 09

As for me, we have a 'surprise' trip that we didn't expect or even think about happening........someone that I tutor for, who own dvc, cannot use some points that are expiring the end of march, and she offered them to me. It was like dangling a steak in front of a rabbied dog!!! I couldn't resist......I am going to trade tutoring for the points (she wanted to just give them to me, but I don't feel comfortable with that).

We are booked at Boardwalk for the last weekend in March. It will be me, dd8, dd5, my sister and nephew18 months. my sister and nephew will go home on a monday, but the girls and I won't leave until Tuesday!

I have ressies for Teppan Edo, Kona (my sisters request and we love it too), and 1900 Park fair (never did this so girls will enjoy it...my sister and nephew will have gone by then)

We are only going to do Epcot and MK. I don't want to go commando, since we were just there in November. Ak is okay and Mgm is fine as well, but those 2 are our least favorite.

So far I have return booked but need to get the other leg of the flight finalized by this weekend. I have a bunch of credit with southwest, so the flights shouldn't cost me anthing! (well I know it did cost something at one point, but I like to think of it as already paid/free)

Have any of you gone over to fort wilderness and done the movie and campfire with chip and dale? I always want to do this but can never fit it in. I think we may go on Monday night. Any other suggestions not park related?

thanks, pamela
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards

Quote Originally Posted by Weluvdisny View Post
    Have you eaten at Boma's? We were supposed to have breakfast there our last trip but didn't make it. It's definately on our list of things to do next time.
    Never eaten there but I have read a lot of good reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by linanglab View Post
    I also need a Disney fix. I was originally going to take Bethany on a a mom and daughter trip in July....well....things sort of have crumbled.
    ooohhh I feel so bad! Keeping my fingers crossed that you win something!!

Quote Originally Posted by pbhall13 View Post
    Have any of you gone over to fort wilderness and done the movie and campfire with chip and dale? I always want to do this but can never fit it in. I think we may go on Monday night. Any other suggestions not park related?
    I have never done the campfire but have always wanted to do it. What about mini-golf? I did it once years ago but can't wait to do it with the kids. Also what about a carriage ride at POR or FW?
    Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

We have airplane reservations to leave at 9p on the day the girls get out of school (for summer) and we are staying 10 days at POFQ, our first time, there. We have tickets for P&PP, reservations for luau and at this point in time, no other reservations. I keep looking at all ya'll's ADR but we really do not eat alot on vacations, at least not all at one time, we are more grazers. Plus, I am dieting, lost 8 pounds, and I don't want to come back with extra wt as a souvenier. Our really favorite thing to do, besides ride all the rides, is to shop. The girls have been saving their money (Christmas, BD, allowance).

This will be their first time to fly, so they are very excited about that, also. We have started our vacation shopping, bought baggallinis (came yesterday, I wanted to do a dry run of packing mine), got cameras, some shoes. We will buy clothes during Spring Break.

For the past several trips, we have tried to do too much, so this is going to be a great trip. I didn't want us to have a car because I don't want us running all over Orlando like we usually do in addition to doing Disney. However, now I am thinking about doing Universal.

I always get a car but we rarely leave the grounds. I like having it to go to other resorts to eat or DTD.

I also use it as a safety thing - for me at least. If somebody gets sick we can get to the hospital or doctor. If there is ever a hurricane/weather thing/national emergency (9-11) I will already have a car to get home. Being a New Yorker I remember that horrible day when people wanted to get home to NY and couldn't find a rental car anywhere...this way I will already be prepared. I know it is not the nicest thought...but I guess seeing that all first hand, I don't want to be stuck.
    Sunshine Rewards

arob414 is offline Was able to finally get home and get in a quickie

And, everywhere I go, tonight, people are snapping and beating or banging or something and I am lost.

Quote Originally Posted by ligrumpygirl View Post
    I always get a car but we rarely leave the grounds. I like having it to go to other resorts to eat or DTD.

I also use it as a safety thing - for me at least. If somebody gets sick we can get to the hospital or doctor. If there is ever a hurricane/weather thing/national emergency (9-11) I will already have a car to get home. Being a New Yorker I remember that horrible day when people wanted to get home to NY and couldn't find a rental car anywhere...this way I will already be prepared. I know it is not the nicest thought...but I guess seeing that all first hand, I don't want to be stuck.
    You are most likely right. I didn't want a car because my best friend is going with us, we have done Disney World, together for years, and she runs me to death. She doesn't have children so she doesn't have to take care of them, me, I start getting cranky when I don't get some down time. She gets hers while I am seeing after my kids. However, they are older, this time and able to take care of theirselves, for the most part. They will even have their own baggallini to cart their stuff around in. No stroller, no extra "stuff".

Quote Originally Posted by ligrumpygirl View Post
    I have never done the campfire but have always wanted to do it. What about mini-golf? I did it once years ago but can't wait to do it with the kids. Also what about a carriage ride at POR or FW?
    Ooooh the carriage ride............I forgot about those........I'll have to check that out.......the girls may like that. Mini golfing is also on my list of things that we haven't done and the girls love to mini golf. Such decisions!!!

Pamela
    Pamela

Sunshine Rewards