PDA

View Full Version : Is there something different set up for shopping links?

askomsky
06-24-2008, 02:28 PM
Ok like I said in my other post, I'm back onto my desktop and have been able to do survey's something I couldn't before, but we think we figured that out with our security software.

The last 2 days I have done survey's (that credited) and offers (some credited) but when I try to shop only certain sites will come up for me.

I know there are different "networks" out there that company's use, I'm just trying to figure out why I can access some and not others.

So far I can get to ebay, nuts on the net and glenny's

I can't get onto dell, newegg, buy.com, shoebuy (I did however use DH's pc to get onto shoebuy! lol)

I have gone back and adjusted IE settings, so it's really not making sense as to why i can get to some but not others..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jnorth1007
06-24-2008, 02:32 PM
Did you go in to your security area and check to make sure that you don't have the sites blocked? It is odd that you can't open certain ones so it has to be something on your browser. I would also try using a different browser to open the sites and see if they work. If they don't then you know it isn't the browser but some setting on your computer, maybe the firewall.

SunshineGirl
06-24-2008, 02:33 PM
Every single one that you mentioned that you cannot get into is coming through the same network (called Commission Junction). That tells me that you have a list setup somewhere on your computer that is blocking all links that go through their site.

askomsky
06-24-2008, 02:36 PM
Every single one that you mentioned that you cannot get into is coming through the same network (called Commission Junction). That tells me that you have a list setup somewhere on your computer that is blocking all links that go through their site.

Ahhh see I knew it had to be something like that, I'll look and see what I can find. Our desktop is our "baby" too much info stored on it so I know the settings are definitely different then either of the laptops.

Off to investigate! :)

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

m 'n c
06-24-2008, 02:39 PM
Someone else has that same problem. If you figure it out please post what you did to fix it.

askomsky
06-24-2008, 02:43 PM
Someone else has that same problem. If you figure it out please post what you did to fix it.

I will! I can't figure it out at the moment, but I'm still working on it.

I know just the other day AROB14 posted something when she was trying to shop at Disney, I'm off to check her post and see if that can shed some light.