PDA

View Full Version : Disney Purchase taking forever will I get credit??

MdCaterer
06-25-2008, 02:27 PM
I have been on the Disney Shopping site for about the last two hours. I cleared all cookies before I got on. My computer is running slow and I have about 25 items in my cart. I am trying to finish up and have gotten the sorry we are closed page but when I refresh my order pops up. I am worried that this will be a problem when trying to get credit. Heck right now it won't even load my page. I DREAD trying to remember everything I was buying and re-doing the order.....what do you think????

mirandag819
06-25-2008, 02:29 PM
I have heard not to shop too long before sending the order that the cookies could run out before your done. What I usually do is print a copy of my shopping cart and then go back after going through SR again and quickly re-choose everything in my cart.

m 'n c
06-25-2008, 02:43 PM
Disney cookies expire really quickly. If you can print out that shopping cart, empty it, clear cookies, and try again. I don't know when to tell you to try though because I have been getting that message for a few hours today.

MdCaterer
06-25-2008, 02:59 PM
Thanks for the advice. It finally crashed on me!! I went back in and printed my list, emptied my cart. Doubled checked to make certain the cart was empty. Cleared my cookies and history. Rebooted the computer, switched to a different computer cleared its cookies and cache....logged back onto SR and went to the Disney STore through SR but I got that "sorry we missed you" message when I tried to log in! Sheesh I am having a terrible time trying to give them my money today! On a brighter note at least I know now it's not my computer that is slow it is the Disney Store. They are offering a great deal.

m 'n c
06-25-2008, 03:03 PM
I feel your pain. Not only is it taking forever to load but I waited too long on a few items and they are sold out. Oh well next month will be a new sale and new merchandise :)

arob414
06-25-2008, 04:18 PM
I feel your pain. Not only is it taking forever to load but I waited too long on a few items and they are sold out. Oh well next month will be a new sale and new merchandise :)

I have been working at it off/on all day. Grace wants some of the luggage but the one she wanted sold out so she is going with a different set. Don't forget that if you order enough you can also get 2 tickets to Wall E, plus the $5 for shipping and 30% off, or I was able to get all 3 to work this morning (but didn't place order, yet).

MdCaterer
06-25-2008, 04:23 PM
I just got everything back in the cart but it has taken over an hour. DO you thin this will credit???

m 'n c
06-25-2008, 04:25 PM
hmm how much over an hour. I swore I read something about a 2 hour limit on their cookies.

arob414
06-25-2008, 04:28 PM
hmm how much over an hour. I swore I read something about a 2 hour limit on their cookies.

Well, hopefully, two hours will do it. I have been freaking out if I was getting close to 1 hour.

MdCaterer
06-25-2008, 04:47 PM
Nope it was closer to two hours. I have been at this all day! It was about 30 minutes since the time stamp on my post that said it crashed so that was about 2:30. I will try once more and then quit

m 'n c
06-25-2008, 04:48 PM
Nope it was closer to two hours. I have been at this all day! It was about 30 minutes since the time stamp on my post that said it crashed so that was about 2:30. I will try once more and then quit

Oh goodness! Well I think if you are under 2 hours just go for it.

MdCaterer
06-25-2008, 06:46 PM
Goodness I just did get this order completed. The third time was te charm. I have cleared and rebooted and hopefully I will get the credit. I have never had such a hard time shopping!!!

Their site is way bogged down because of the sale and I was paranoid about doing something wrong and not getting the credit!!! Not a good combo. But the SALE PRICES were terrific. I got 30% off, $5 shipping and two tickets to see Wall E:party:

m 'n c
06-25-2008, 08:16 PM
Wow! I need to do one more glance over just to make sure there isn't anything I can find for Mike's birthday.

OhMari
06-25-2008, 08:31 PM
I was on too, and it loaded so slow. The WDW site is slow to begin with, and add this sale today, and it is totally bogged down. I think the site really got slowed down when the added the 3D virtual reality parks.

MdCaterer
06-25-2008, 09:19 PM
They need to do something if that is the case. If the sale prices had not been so good I would have never gone through that push up to make the purchase. As a matter of fact if the third time it had crashed on me I was going to give up on the order altogether as it was overthe top ridiculous waiting that long to place an order. But I did end up with 24 items for $100 that is decent!! Stocked up on tshirts and towels and things for our trip in September. Gosh you can never be too ready.

arob414
06-25-2008, 09:38 PM
Finally!!! I placed my order. To begin with I was such a dork. The balance wasn't what I expected and I couldn't see discounts so I kept clearing cookies and starting over and over. Finally, I realized the reason there was a difference was because I was forgetting about shipping and tax. Anyway, got 14 items, including 3 piece luggage set for DD13, for $94 plus tax and shipping. And, we have 2 tickets for Wall-E.

Then, the fun began, again. Disney has a real problem with my name, Gay. After emailing them, we figured out that spelling my name as "G ay" would work. But, I forgot to change my cc. Anyway, after much frustration, it is done and completed in only 10 hours. The final try was 45 minutes.

MdCaterer
06-30-2008, 09:50 AM
I feel your pain!! It took me about 6 hours to get it right!! I would think that Disney would be very interested in the feedback that the site is so bogged down shopping is nearly impossible. I came very close to giving up on the whole order a couple of times. However, it was a very good sale and I bought many items for our cruise in Sept.

arob414
06-30-2008, 12:13 PM
Got my credit, already, and DD13 received her luggage (vy cute, may need to order another set) Friday. 48 hours after placing order. The rest of our stuff is to be delivered, today.

MdCaterer
07-02-2008, 09:24 PM
The credits did post AND the package has already arrived. It was a win win all the way around!!!