PDA

View Full Version : Pleasure Island closing...

ligrumpygirl
06-30-2008, 10:03 PM
Just read this on Mousesavers!

Closing all the clubs in September and opening yet more restaurants! I have always wanted to try the Adventurer's Club but it is going too!

There is an address on the Mousesavers site (not sure if I can link there) to tell Disney what you think about this decision.

wilsonfamily4
06-30-2008, 10:12 PM
Sadly because I have never been, more restaurants sound good. I know there are a lot of upset people though.

m4travels
06-30-2008, 11:54 PM
FORTUNATELY we're going to be there on the 30th and 31st of August. We've wanted to visit the Adventurer's Club our other 2 visits but it just didn't happen. It WILL happen this time, albeit with sorrow that we won't see it again.

My motto continues to be: Life is still good.

howdyfrtx
07-01-2008, 09:43 AM
Don?t tell me that :(?.we are going 9/19 and have my step niece watching the kids one night while my sister, brother in law and dh all go out for some adult time.

howdyfrtx
07-01-2008, 09:46 AM
Okay I just read "All of the nightclubs will close permanently on 9/27/08". So, it looks like we will still be able to have our adult night.:banana:

Pooh's Pal
07-01-2008, 01:38 PM
I read this and just didn't know how to tell my DD! Her and her college roomie, both 21 have been to WDW with me before and have always wanted to do "the clubs" other than AC AND CC....now they are old enough and they're closing them down.
I waited till we went swimming last night, and while she was in the water, broke the news to her..(bad mother). She of course pitched a fit at first..."You ARE kidding me right Mom?"
Told her we could do Universal's City Walk one night..and she could cab it back to the resort..or do Jellyrolls or Atlantic Dance at the Boardwalk. Rolled her eyes at me...oh well

Maybe with the closing of PI, someone will actualy "DANCE" at Atlantic Dance now. :rotfl:

hmdelf
07-16-2008, 01:05 PM
I can't believe it! We are going OCt 4 with 50 people. All of the adult kids are going to be so upset!

kimntrent
07-16-2008, 01:09 PM
boy you guys are out of the loop. We have been blogging about it for a month now and what the changes were going to be. I read the mousesavers newsletter and I have to say I think it sounds pretty cool.

m 'n c
07-16-2008, 01:16 PM
I read this and just didn't know how to tell my DD! Her and her college roomie, both 21 have been to WDW with me before and have always wanted to do "the clubs" other than AC AND CC....now they are old enough and they're closing them down.
I waited till we went swimming last night, and while she was in the water, broke the news to her..(bad mother). She of course pitched a fit at first..."You ARE kidding me right Mom?"
Told her we could do Universal's City Walk one night..and she could cab it back to the resort..or do Jellyrolls or Atlantic Dance at the Boardwalk. Rolled her eyes at me...oh well

Maybe with the closing of PI, someone will actualy "DANCE" at Atlantic Dance now. :rotfl:

I definitely prefer City Walk to PI club wise. Just send her over there and take her to Margaritaville and Pat O's and she should be ok ;)

ligrumpygirl
07-16-2008, 01:43 PM
boy you guys are out of the loop. We have been blogging about it for a month now and what the changes were going to be. I read the mousesavers newsletter and I have to say I think it sounds pretty cool.

I am not sure that that is an accurate statement -that people are out of the loop. A bit rude I might add..I posted this back in June and the person who bumped this up was new.

hmdelf...if you need any other suggestions for where to go...please ask away!

m 'n c
07-16-2008, 01:46 PM
I can't believe it! We are going OCt 4 with 50 people. All of the adult kids are going to be so upset!

What type of transportation will you have? Are you all relying on Disney transportation? I wonder how much a mini bus would cost to rent. My company did that for us 2 years ago. We jumped on a bus and went to City Walk for dinner and to "play" and depending on how late we wanted to stay was whether or not we took the bus home or hired a cab.

FigmentFever
07-29-2008, 01:51 AM
I'm really going to miss the Adventurer's Club and Comedy Warehouse.

So saddddddddddd!

natofborg
09-28-2008, 03:11 PM
Yes, some of us are out of the loop. My life no longer revolves around my next trip to Disney World, so I don't keep up with all hte details anymore because I cannot afford to go like I used to.