07-01-2008, 02:00 PM
Happy Canada Day!

spring
07-01-2008, 02:47 PM
Happy Canada Day to all our wonderful neighbors up North!:redwine::balloons:

SunshineGirl
07-01-2008, 02:52 PM
Hoping everyone is having a great Canada Day!:cheers:

Can you share a little info about Canada Day with us?

wilsonfamily4
07-01-2008, 04:33 PM
HAPPY CANADA DAY!

I love Canada. If it was only me I may move there. (Now don't get disgruntled you readers- I do love America, and I am patriotic :) )

So any big things you do for your day?

askomsky
07-01-2008, 08:57 PM
Happy Canada day! Hope you were able to celebrate!:party:

Sunni
07-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Happy Canada Day!!!

3dog2kidmom
07-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Happy Canada Day to all my Canadian friends! I am with Tricia, though... would love for you to share a little about your traditions. Do you celebrate like we do on Fourth of July? (i.e. pigging out on BBQ and going to see fireworks? LOL)

bbangel
07-01-2008, 10:42 PM
Okay, a bit of info about Canada Day. We are celebrating the 141st anniversary of the day we became our own nation (as in no longer a British colony). We did it by signing a paper while you all did it with the revolution. I guess that's where we get our reputation of being polite :rotfl:

We do celebrate in many of the same ways as you celebrate the 4th. We gather with family, friends and communities. Have bbq's, concerts and fireworks. We wear red and white and wave our flag. We talk about history and our founding fathers.

This year we are also celebrating 250 years of democracy in Nova Scotia (which makes Canada one of the oldest democracies in the world), the 400th year of the founding of Quebec City and the 150th year of the founding of British Columbia as a colony. Basically gives us an excuse to party longer.

RDGCJK
07-02-2008, 12:04 PM
Okay, a bit of info about Canada Day. We are celebrating the 141st anniversary of the day we became our own nation (as in no longer a British colony). We did it by signing a paper while you all did it with the revolution. I guess that's where we get our reputation of being polite :rotfl:

We do celebrate in many of the same ways as you celebrate the 4th. We gather with family, friends and communities. Have bbq's, concerts and fireworks. We wear red and white and wave our flag. We talk about history and our founding fathers.

This year we are also celebrating 250 years of democracy in Nova Scotia (which makes Canada one of the oldest democracies in the world), the 400th year of the founding of Quebec City and the 150th year of the founding of British Columbia as a colony. Basically gives us an excuse to party longer.

What a terrific tribute to our great country! I couldn't have done as good a job, so I'm glad to have found this thread AFTER you posted. I hope all Canadians had a great day. The weather couldn't have been better so we enjoyed a day of friendship, sun, good food, some reflection, and great fireworks. Wishing all our American friends a happy 4th of July as well.