PDA

View Full Version : Offer email question

GrumpyWick77
07-01-2008, 09:02 PM
It seems like I read somewhere in the Offer Tips and Tricks sticky that when you sign up for offers you don't have to use the same email address that you used to sign up with SR. Is this true?

askomsky
07-01-2008, 09:10 PM
Yes offers track by cookies, not email which is why it's also recommended to clear cookies once a day. You can use different emails for offers, shopping etc and only one main one for SR.

GrumpyWick77
07-01-2008, 09:15 PM
Yes offers track by cookies, not email which is why it's also recommended to clear cookies once a day. You can use different emails for offers, shopping etc and only one main one for SR.

Can you also use a fake name and address and stuff or do you have to use your real info?

askomsky
07-01-2008, 09:18 PM
Can you also use a fake name and address and stuff or do you have to use your real info?

Real information has to be used, if they companies find or think it's fradulant they'll pull out then Tricia loses money, we lose money etc.

You really should only do the offer if your interested. As a side note any offers I've done I've paid close attention to the fine print and I really haven't received but maybe 2-3 junk snail mail a month if that. Anything else I received it's bc I requested it.

GrumpyWick77
07-01-2008, 09:22 PM
Real information has to be used, if they companies find or think it's fradulant they'll pull out then Tricia loses money, we lose money etc.

You really should only do the offer if your interested. As a side note any offers I've done I've paid close attention to the fine print and I really haven't received but maybe 2-3 junk snail mail a month if that. Anything else I received it's bc I requested it.

I've been using my real info. What I hate is all the offers they make you look at after you've filled outt he information for the one you wanted. It's very frustrating. You have no idea if your gonna get credit for the offer you signed up for. Do you have any reccomendations for offers that are legit and easy to complete and don't take much to sign up for?

m 'n c
07-01-2008, 10:49 PM
I've been using my real info. What I hate is all the offers they make you look at after you've filled outt he information for the one you wanted. It's very frustrating. You have no idea if your gonna get credit for the offer you signed up for. Do you have any reccomendations for offers that are legit and easy to complete and don't take much to sign up for?

Due to the fraud issues last year the advertisers have really cracked down on these "freebie" offers and in order to get the incentive you really have to go all the way thru. Unfortunately there is no quick and easy way to earn money without putting forth some time and effort. Sorry not the answer you want to hear but it's the truth. We all got spanked pretty hard by a couple who pulled not only the offers but the credits from our account so most long time members understand the importance of only doing what we are truly interested in and taking our time with the offers - free or otherwise.