PDA

View Full Version : The New Laptop is SR Approved!!!

Mom2aPrincess
07-02-2008, 01:10 PM
:banana::banana: I bought a new laptop last Friday and I've avoided doing SR offers until I had everything installed and triple checked the settings! Just tried my first two offers and one credited on the hour so looks like the settings are correct, and I can return to SR offers!! :clap:

MooseBrains
07-02-2008, 01:13 PM
I saw you were having trouble and am happy you have things corrected. If I were not with an IT guy I wouldn't know what to do.

Welcome to your new laptop.

LauraLea
07-02-2008, 01:33 PM
Would you mind telling us what kind of laptop you got? I am going to have to replace mine soon. Don't want to end up with one that is not SR compatible.

Laura

Mom2aPrincess
07-02-2008, 01:37 PM
Would you mind telling us what kind of laptop you got? I am going to have to replace mine soon. Don't want to end up with one that is not SR compatible.

Laura

Oh...I don't think you could buy one that wasn't SR compatible. I just wanted to get all my updates installed, firewall and defender turned off, etc.

But I bought a pretty awesome HP from Best Buy. It's an HP Pavillion Entertainment PC dv6000. I have already fell in love with it. I'm picky about keyboards and weight and tested almost every notebook at Best Buy and then took my minimum spec list from my Dad and I think ended up with a super machine. I'm a Toshiba laptop fan, but the HP was more computer for the buck!

arob414
07-02-2008, 02:10 PM
Oh...I don't think you could buy one that wasn't SR compatible. I just wanted to get all my updates installed, firewall and defender turned off, etc.

But I bought a pretty awesome HP from Best Buy. It's an HP Pavillion Entertainment PC dv6000. I have already fell in love with it. I'm picky about keyboards and weight and tested almost every notebook at Best Buy and then took my minimum spec list from my Dad and I think ended up with a super machine. I'm a Toshiba laptop fan, but the HP was more computer for the buck!

And, what is Dad's minimum spec list? I am in the market, but haven't bought one in 3-4 yrs so I am not familiar with the newer stuff. TIA

jnorth1007
07-02-2008, 02:35 PM
Kimberly I have the same laptop. I got mine at a REALLY great price from Best Buy also. I got mine back in November and after a little bit of trial and error for a few months I am now getting credits for 90% of the things I do.

m 'n c
07-02-2008, 02:43 PM
ooh that is good to hear. eventually i'll be looking for a laptop so I'll remember this thread.

LauraLea
07-02-2008, 03:25 PM
The HP Pavillion Entertainment series is exactly what I have been looking at. Did you get a 17" screen? I like the ones with the numeric keypad on the side.

I'll have to keep my eye out for bargains at Best Buy.

Thanks........Laura

Mom2aPrincess
07-04-2008, 01:31 AM
And, what is Dad's minimum spec list? I am in the market, but haven't bought one in 3-4 yrs so I am not familiar with the newer stuff. TIA

I'm still looking for the list. If I don't find it tomorrow, I'll just ask him again this weekend. :)

Kimberly I have the same laptop. I got mine at a REALLY great price from Best Buy also. I got mine back in November and after a little bit of trial and error for a few months I am now getting credits for 90% of the things I do.

Awesome! Do you know anything specific that you changed that I should go ahead and do? I've been nervous over Vista, but it seems ok. I'm about to try another offer or two.

ooh that is good to hear. eventually i'll be looking for a laptop so I'll remember this thread.

Well so far I love this one, Catherine! I really, really do. It has a web cam built into the top of the screen and I'm thinking about testing it out for a video blog. :)

The HP Pavillion Entertainment series is exactly what I have been looking at. Did you get a 17" screen? I like the ones with the numeric keypad on the side.

I'll have to keep my eye out for bargains at Best Buy.

Thanks........Laura

Well I didn't go for one with the numeric keypad and mine is the 15.4" screen as I wanted small and lightweight. I like to be able to carry mine back and forth without it being a PITA to carry. But the keyboard is one feature I really like. I've had several laptops in the last 7 years - this is the 6th one, and I think this is my favorite keyboard so far. I can't explain it, but it just types so well for me...it's just the right texture or something...:rotfl: