PDA

View Full Version : Sunshining from a PDA/Smartphone?

jl8595
07-02-2008, 07:36 PM
Just curious - does anyone access SR (the site, not the forum) from a PDA/Smartphone/cell phone data plan? I'm always eager to log on from my PDA phone to check balances and daily clicks (not surveys or offers) but I'm worried because I don't understand how the ISP thing works with these. I don't want to flag my acct for fraud if it's a shared ISP or something. Anyone know?

SunshineGirl
07-02-2008, 07:58 PM
You should be able to access your account just fine. In fact, we have been working on a mobile site that SG would love to test out with some people who have smartphones. :) I am able to log into the site just fine from my phone and even run some reports. It isn't "pretty" right now since we don't have it detecting if you are on a smartphone. But we'll get there before too long.

I'd be anxious to hear how it works out for you.

jl8595
07-02-2008, 08:35 PM
That's great Tricia, thank you! I'll try it out and let you know how it translates on my smartphone...stay tuned...:)

jl8595
07-02-2008, 08:46 PM
Just checked it out...it's definitely usable, but a wee bit harder to navigate. (using a Palm Centro if that matters) I'd be more than happy to help test a mobile version - give me a shout if you need smartphone testers!

Hedy
07-02-2008, 08:56 PM
Just checked it out...it's definitely usable, but a wee bit harder to navigate. (using a Palm Centro if that matters) I'd be more than happy to help test a mobile version - give me a shout if you need smartphone testers!

Do you like your Centro? I'm debating getting one.

3dog2kidmom
07-02-2008, 08:57 PM
I have logged in from my blackberry to check my account and also the forum, but I can't do offers from it since it belongs to work. I have shopped through it, though. Never actually made a purchase but "window" shopped.

ETA I think I remember ligrumpygirl saying she had a blackberry. Maybe she will stop in and let us know how it works for her.

jl8595
07-02-2008, 09:04 PM
Do you like your Centro? I'm debating getting one.

I absolutely LOVE it. My DH has a Blackberry which he loves, but it's not as intuitive to me like the Centro...it was straight out of the box easy. I really like the touch screen too. So fun!

ligrumpygirl
07-02-2008, 09:07 PM
I have logged in from my blackberry to check my account and also the forum, but I can't do offers from it since it belongs to work. I have shopped through it, though. Never actually made a purchase but "window" shopped.

ETA I think I remember ligrumpygirl saying she had a blackberry. Maybe she will stop in and let us know how it works for her.

I do have a Blackberry. I have also window shopped with it and checked out the forum. SG did send me a link once to try out - his experiment. It looked a bit easier to navigate. Can't wait to see how if works out.

jnorth1007
07-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Snap!!! I want a smartphone so bad. Then I could check out the forums while I am at gymnastics and other places. I would so cringe and bang my head though if I shopped and it didn't credit.

m 'n c
07-02-2008, 09:15 PM
I have a blackberry and also use the normal site for now. It's not too hard to navigate. I don't find myself banging my head against the wall like some sites. I usually check balances and when I'm out and about on special cashout days.

jl8595
07-03-2008, 07:22 AM
I have a blackberry and also use the normal site for now. It's not too hard to navigate. I don't find myself banging my head against the wall like some sites. I usually check balances and when I'm out and about on special cashout days.

Ooohh...hadn't even THOUGHT about the special cashout flexibility with a smartphone, LOL! :D