PDA

View Full Version : Mac Users tips?

askomsky
07-07-2008, 10:29 AM
I have a friend who just joined. I've talked with her to explain the survey's etc. I also told her to join the forum and read it over. I tried to do a search for Mac users and didn't come up with what I was looking for.

She uses Safari, what I'm trying to mainly find right now is how to clear cookies and temp files for her. Also anything else she should know being a mac user?

m 'n c
07-07-2008, 10:48 AM
I think Hedy, Traci, and Mollyellis are all on Macs.

icartjetta
07-07-2008, 11:47 AM
April, this is what I do and seems to work for me. I use Firefox for my surveys and Safari for offers.
To clear cookies, just go to the top left and hit the safari button then choose preferences go to the security tab and that's were you will find all things cookie related. Let me know if you need any more help.

askomsky
07-07-2008, 12:19 PM
Thanks Traci, that's definitely a start! I'll be back if I/we need more help!

mollyeilis
07-07-2008, 01:45 PM
On mine, in Safari, the preferences button only shows me cookies. So I clear cookies there, then go back to the same drop down for Safari and choose Empty Cache from it. Then I have to go to the History dropdown to Clear History.

With Firefox it's much easier, it's all on the Preferences on my computer, and I can set the computer up to clear it all when I shut down the computer at night.

Know that there are some surveys you just can't do, unless you have a better IE for Macs than I have. Some simply require that you have IE, and you might as well just back out of said surveys (they state it clearly on the ones that absolutely won't work on non-IE) and try for a different survey.

Iteach
07-07-2008, 02:36 PM
April, this is what I do and seems to work for me. I use Firefox for my surveys and Safari for offers.
To clear cookies, just go to the top left and hit the safari button then choose preferences go to the security tab and that's were you will find all things cookie related. Let me know if you need any more help.

Do you find that offers work better with Safari on a Mac? I always use Firefox for everything, but have been having some trouble getting offers to credit, especially modpath. Any suggestions? Thanks!

icartjetta
07-07-2008, 02:45 PM
I use Safari for the offers because sometimes with Firefox it's brings up bad links, when they clearly aren't bad. I also clear cookies when I use Safari, but I do not clear cookies when I use Firefox. I like to keep all my passwords and user names intact. HTH

gpp2001
07-07-2008, 03:16 PM
I use Firefox for everything - surveys, shopping offers - sometimes offers don't credit for me but it's kind of random - last month I tried to keep track of the ones that did not credit but there was no pattern. I was using a gmail account that started with a number and those offers didn't credit but I have started using a different gmail account that starts with a letter and haven't really had any problems. If things stop crediting for me - I just take a break for a couple of days and get a new gmail address.

I like with Firefox that you can individually delete cookies - so I don't have to delete the ones that have my passwords stored. I just delete the cookies for websites I don't recognize or the ones that are obviously offers or survey cookies. HTH

Karn

askomsky
07-07-2008, 03:46 PM
Thanks ladies, this is such a huge help! I'm able to help give her ideas and tips, but I'm at a loss for Mac users!

bellanlivismom
07-07-2008, 05:55 PM
I do my daily survey with Firefox and the OTX as well, usually. I use Safari for all offers, modpath does not ever credit for me. It just doesn't not sure if it is a Mac thing or something else. I am waiting for my husband to put some spyware on the new Mac that we bought because he is running windows on there as well to see if it is just me or a Mac issue. :)

gpp2001
07-07-2008, 08:43 PM
Try doing the modpath ones in Firefox - I can usually get them to credit.