PDA

View Full Version : Merchant Tip About Shopping Credits

missangie
07-08-2008, 02:31 PM
I received an answer to a merchant inquiry today that included a very good explanation about why we did not receive credit. I thought it would be a good one to share with all of you. If we do not receive credit for a shopping transaction, it is sometimes because another site was paid instead. Here's what the merchant had to say about that. We don't want this to happen to you. Take Note. . .

Why did another Affiliate receive credit for this sale?
Typically, this occurs when a Member is shopping through your site, but uses another site to find a coupon code or coupon deal, like free shipping. It is the final click before transaction who will receive commission on that sale.* As the last cookie wins, the sale went to another Affiliate.

Your best bet is to use one site (Sunshine Rewards! :)) exclusively OR be more cautious when looking for good coupon deals. Don't click around while in the middle of a transaction. Your credit could be jeopardized. That makes all of us sad! :cry:

schaery
07-17-2008, 10:30 AM
Thanks for that info. I'll remember to look around for coupon codes before I start shopping, and make sure to erase the cookies.

Minniehaha
07-19-2008, 12:22 PM
I made this mistake and instead of receiving sunshine rewards from SEPHORIA I got a crummy lip gloss ring that didn't even fit my finger. :eek:

Live and learn.

missangie
07-20-2008, 03:01 PM
Please remember too that using NON SR coupons or coupons NOT posted onsite by the merchant could jeopardize your credit as well.