PDA

View Full Version : What are you buying during Christmas in July??

andrea2289
07-08-2008, 03:28 PM
So far I have bought:

Off of Ebay:

Cheesecake Factory $25.00 for $23.02 (For me and DH - One of our favorite's)

$69.13 Walmart Store Credit with Free Shipping for $66.00 (Using for gas...saving that 3-cents)

$25 Build-A-Bear Gift Card for $20.00 and Free Shipping (For My Niece's Birthday)

$15 STARBUCKS GIFT CARD for $15.00 and Free Shipping (Adding to a Gift Basket I am making for my sister)

$15 Blockbuster Gift Card $15.00 with Free Shipping (We rent a LOT of Blockbuster!)

2 Black Ink Cartridges for the Fax Machine at work for $22.00

2 Color Ink Cartridges for the Fax Machine at work for $22.00

I still have to get some Frontline and Treats for my dog from Petco

A Laptop Mouse for my Daughter off of Ebay

A personalized Beer Mug for my hubby from Engravable Gift Collection

I have a list going for Disney Shopping. Not a lot just a few things I've been eye-balling!!

and a few of my regular magazine subscriptions from MagazineDiscountCenter

Now I just hope it all credits. My computer froze up about an hour after my first ebay purchase this morning and I had to reboot. I didn't clear cookies though, so I hoping it was ok!

Hedy
07-08-2008, 03:42 PM
Wow, you're good. I need to do some serious searching-I need UPF/moisture wicking shirts yesterday, as every flipping one I have has become defected.

SunshineGirl
07-08-2008, 03:44 PM
I stocked up at Disney yesterday. I am also buying quite a few things at Sephora for myself. LOL! I'm on the hunt for pjs for the girls and am thinking about ordering a couple of the personalized football mugs.

arob414
07-08-2008, 03:46 PM
Wow, you're good. I need to do some serious searching-I need UPF/moisture wicking shirts yesterday, as every flipping one I have has become defected.

Yes, you are. This is my idea...you post your shopping and that will give me ideas. BTW, drugstore.com has Frontline Plus, on sale. I have been checking prices there and at the pet stores and for me, buying 3 doses for dog and 6 for 2 of the cats (Angel never, ever, goes out) it was cheaper.

We are, as usual, having computer issues. Had 2 computers online, went to put the third online and my laptop went bonkers, looks to be in Safe Mode. So, my shopping is on hold until I get it fixed.

andrea2289
07-08-2008, 03:51 PM
Yes, you are. This is my idea...you post your shopping and that will give me ideas.

LMAO I had the same thought! I have been saving up to see what SR had in store for us this month! I always get ideas from reading what other people are buying! OH I just remembered! I need some things from Vitalicious too!

Burning up the ole credit card :rolleyes:

wilsonfamily4
07-08-2008, 04:06 PM
I bought a shirt for myself and underwear for my son from Kohls
I got my daughter a real Bible for her school next year at Barnes and Noble.
I also bought quite a bit at Disney shopping.

I need to still get a bike helmet for DD

SunshineGirl
07-08-2008, 04:19 PM
I just bought a coffee table from CSN Stores. I have been needing one since we moved into the house in OCTOBER! It's a wooden trunk and it was only $159. I think I could be addicted to CSN Stores.

pbhall13
07-08-2008, 04:19 PM
So far I have bought:

Off of Ebay:

Cheesecake Factory $25.00 for $23.02 (For me and DH - One of our favorite's)

$69.13 Walmart Store Credit with Free Shipping for $66.00 (Using for gas...saving that 3-cents)

$25 Build-A-Bear Gift Card for $20.00 and Free Shipping (For My Niece's Birthday)

$15 STARBUCKS GIFT CARD for $15.00 and Free Shipping (Adding to a Gift Basket I am making for my sister)

$15 Blockbuster Gift Card $15.00 with Free Shipping (We rent a LOT of Blockbuster!)

2 Black Ink Cartridges for the Fax Machine at work for $22.00

2 Color Ink Cartridges for the Fax Machine at work for $22.00

I still have to get some Frontline and Treats for my dog from Petco

A Laptop Mouse for my Daughter off of Ebay

A personalized Beer Mug for my hubby from Engravable Gift Collection

I have a list going for Disney Shopping. Not a lot just a few things I've been eye-balling!!

and a few of my regular magazine subscriptions from MagazineDiscountCenter

Now I just hope it all credits. My computer froze up about an hour after my first ebay purchase this morning and I had to reboot. I didn't clear cookies though, so I hoping it was ok!

Busy, busy busy..........I never think to look for giftcards on Ebay....I think I am too chicken!

I bought myself some jewelry from My Jewelry Box........ a pr of silver hoops, a sterling silver ring with murano glass and a silver chain neclace with a fleur de lis (has the same murano glass in it) .......all for ME! (part of my birthday celebration....I like to treat myself every year and this year I decided on some silver jewelry)

Now what to shop for?????

Pamela

disney_girl
07-08-2008, 04:40 PM
I just bought a coffee table from CSN Stores. I have been needing one since we moved into the house in OCTOBER! It's a wooden trunk and it was only $159. I think I could be addicted to CSN Stores.

THANK YOU for that Tricia! I've been needing tables as well. Just looked at CSN Stores and found the one I want!!

kimntrent
07-08-2008, 04:56 PM
Christmas in July. Everyone is getting Coal this year. LOL! No I have been having to buy for hubby for fire. But I have bought a lot.

2 orders from Hanes one for the Relay at the end of the month and one for fire stuff

2 orders from Shoebuy one for casual and one for work

Had to get the cherry necklace on emitations from the Sex in the City Movie

Had to buy shoe racks, hangers, and a paper towel holder from Container Store. I need to buy a few drawers but for the shipping I am gonna go to the store. It isn't going to cost me over 20.00 in gas to get there. Sorry =(

I had to get a TV stand for the house since hubby sold mine so that was fabulous. One way furniture 6% increase and free shipping. You can't beat it.

And then I spent my life savings at drugstore.com for hubby too.

Now I need to buy a cell phone charger, some speakers for his ipod, the fire engines don't have speakers and they decided they need music. I need to buy some uniform pants that match his uniform shirt. A great store with cash back would be nice. And then I think that is it for now. My mom is buying my vacuum for the best buy points and she is getting the cash back.

Whew!!!:sunshine:

andrea2289
07-08-2008, 05:27 PM
Busy, busy busy..........I never think to look for giftcards on Ebay....I think I am too chicken!

I think Ebay is one of those things that you just take to or you don't LOL

I am an Ebay addict. I have been wanting to open a store, even have it built, but have not had the time to take pictures and list all the stuff. My computer room looks like childrens store HEE HEE :p

Blessing and Miracle
07-08-2008, 05:39 PM
Well, I started July 1st. Does that count? LOL.

I've been waiting all day for my apple from Mrs. Prindables to arrive. Just my luck UPS will deliver it while we're all at VBS this evening.:(

USPS delivered my order from Lane Bryant today. That had a really great sale. You spend 75 and get 25 dollars off. I got 3 pair of pants and two shirts for less than a 100.00! This is for our Vegas trip.

I bought some Nighties from Fredricks of Hollywood. They were having an excellent sale. (Vegas trip-No Kids)

I also bought 3 beautiful tunics from Casual Living. (Vegas Trip)
Just received their new catalog, so I'll probably place another order.

Gotta have new shoes for the new outfits, so I hit up Masseys.

I still have some more to buy. I'm definitely gonna hit up the limited time only increases. I checked out Printable Games today. I think I'll buy the year around pack of holiday games. That particular package was on sale. Nothing like family fun.

An order from Taylor Gifts is needed and I might just buy something from MyJewleryBox as well.

Happy Shopping, Everyone!

mseg16222
07-08-2008, 05:53 PM
In the last week I have been ordering from:
Shoebuy - new crocs
Camping World
Drugstore.com
Sierra Trading Post - kids winter coats really good prices
Puritans Pride
Fat Heads - Christmas Gift

And I have a few more to order from I may try out a few on the Christmas in July list

Anna
07-09-2008, 12:18 AM
For the SR Christmas in July Sales....

So far I have bought?.

A ton of stuff from Wal-mart?I would usually have just gone to the store, but figured I may as well earn credit?.so here goes:

* Weber Genesis E320 42,000-BTU Blue Gas Grill LP, w/ Side Burner for my hubby - $799

* Garage-size Canopy for cookouts - $134

* Tablemate II Portable Table - $28

* Backyard Gear Deluxe Barbecue Station With Sink - $149

* 6,000 BTU Haier Window Air Conditioner with Remote - $138

* Sterilite 2-Shelf Storage Cabinet - $47.88

* Char-Buster - Grill Butler with Casters - $48.88

* "Massey" 9 inch High Velocity Fan - $12.97

* 2 - Brinkmann 2-Piece Fiji Torch Solar Landscape Light - $34.97

* some stuff on ebay for my son?s birthday

* Shoebuy - TOO many shoes!!!
* Famous Shoes - several pair for my daughter
* Drugstore.com - several items
* GetOrganized.com - Garage Screens for the canopy
* Outdoordecor.com - a fire pit

Some Guitar Hero stuff for my son's birthday....too much more to name! The Christmas in July is AWESOME!! Thanks so much!

As you can see, I have shopped my rear end off Tricia!!! LOL! I hope it helps to bring the numbers up!!

andrea2289
07-09-2008, 10:11 AM
I am so excited! This morning I scored two Disney $100 Gift Cards for $91.50 and Free Shipping off of Ebay!!

I buy the Disney Gift Cards when I am lucky enough to get good deals and they go in 'Disney Fund' Envelope but I have never got this good of a deal!!

Oh and my boss also let me buy an Artwork Box off Ebay for the company through my SR which was $162!

Yeah I love SR and Ebay :banana:

Anna
07-09-2008, 10:40 PM
I am so excited! This morning I scored two Disney $100 Gift Cards for $91.50 and Free Shipping off of Ebay!!

I buy the Disney Gift Cards when I am lucky enough to get good deals and they go in 'Disney Fund' Envelope but I have never got this good of a deal!!

Oh and my boss also let me buy an Artwork Box off Ebay for the company through my SR which was $162!

Yeah I love SR and Ebay :banana:

Wow...I am impressed with your Disney Gift Card purchase! That is great! I am an Ebay addict myself. :love:

Magical JenK
07-10-2008, 09:33 AM
WOW!! All of you are a bad influence!! I balanced my checkbook yesterday & was very sad. I had a list of items going to buy, and I convinced myself I didn't/shouldn't get them now...but.....hmmm....

I do have to add I LOVE eBay & have also loved selling on ebay! Andrea-be sure to let us know when you get your store open!! And congrats on the Disney gift cards! I've never thought about looking for GCs there either!! Thanks for the info!!

Hedy
07-10-2008, 09:35 AM
I picked up the My Jewelry Box earrings for Dniece's birthday or xmas.

sunshinecindy
07-10-2008, 09:59 AM
I picked up the My Jewelry Box earrings for Dniece's birthday or xmas.

Wait till you get them. These have to be one of my favorite pair of earrings now, and the silver is sparkling, and the way the pearls and crystals play off eachother make these gorgeous. You will be even happier with them when you see them in real life.

Hedy
07-10-2008, 09:59 AM
Wait till you get them. These have to be one of my favorite pair of earrings now, and the silver is sparkling, and the way the pearls and crystals play off eachother make these gorgeous. You will be even happier with them when you see them in real life.

They shipped already! :love::party::party:

Magical JenK
07-10-2008, 10:02 AM

STOP!! I can't take it anymore! I really want those for me...how sad is that, I can't even figure one person to give them to as a gift to justify buying them for SR credit...I really do like them...they're very pretty...and such a good deal....oh no....I see the Disney Visa coming out of my wallet...dangit....:rolleyes:

sunshinecindy
07-10-2008, 10:07 AM
STOP!! I can't take it anymore! I really want those for me...how sad is that, I can't even figure one person to give them to as a gift to justify buying them for SR credit...I really do like them...they're very pretty...and such a good deal....oh no....I see the Disney Visa coming out of my wallet...dangit....:rolleyes:

Especially with your long hair, they would look pretty. I'd say splurge a little, but at that price, it isn't even considered splurging, its just considered good sense if you like them. I wouldn't give them away. LOL I like them too much to let anyone else have them.

SunshineGirl
07-10-2008, 10:07 AM
I'm going to order a pair as well. Cindy, did they say if they have a limited number? I know that a lot of times when we get our deals from them they are a closeout item.

sunshinecindy
07-10-2008, 10:12 AM
I'm going to order a pair as well. Cindy, did they say if they have a limited number? I know that a lot of times when we get our deals from them they are a closeout item.

Actually, because I picked these out, I don't think so, but it is possible. I did not see them a couple months ago on their site, so they are probably a new item but that doesn't mean they're not limited, they didn't tell me that.

andrea2289
07-10-2008, 02:07 PM
I think you guys have talked me into these also. I am on a dangly earring kick :D and they seem like they'd go with just about everything!

Magical JenK
07-10-2008, 02:16 PM
Ok, had a really productive lunch:angel:...paid some bills & then bought the earrings for me & placed an order on 1800PetMeds!!

I showed my mom, she thought they were pretty, but I just don't see her wearing them...so I guess unless she says differently I'll just get them for me!! Thanks for convincing me ladies!!