PDA

View Full Version : Please Help! I Want to Make SM This Quarter!

toystoryduo
07-08-2008, 10:53 PM
I've asked this before and still can't figure out what is going on.... How can I get offers to credit? I clear cookies, run CCleaner, have gotten new e-mail addresses, clicked on confirmation e-mails e.t.c. and I can't get offers to credit. :( I can get daily surveys and shopping to credit, but I can't get OTX or other offers to credit. I've only had 4 or 5 offers credit since January of this year. Is there anything else I can do to increase the chances that I'll get credit for some of the paid signup offers? I haven't been a SM since last year and I miss the perks. :(

Thanks in advance for your help!!! :)

P.S. I have dial-up.:blush: Does that make a difference?

andrea2289
07-08-2008, 11:09 PM
It looks like you have made a nice sum of money! Have you been doing anything differently, a new computer? Have you checked your settings in IE?

bbangel
07-08-2008, 11:23 PM
I would check your security settings.
What might be different now from when you first started?

m 'n c
07-08-2008, 11:26 PM
dial up could be your issue since they recycle ip addresses frequently and possibly change them on you while you are connected. I know Janet has a terrible time when she is connected to AOL.

toystoryduo
Thanks!:)

I have the same computer and I just checked my settings in IE and they look good. I do have a pop-up blocker on NetZero. Could that be the issue?

m 'n c
Yes get rid of the popup blocker.

toystoryduo
07-08-2008, 11:28 PM
I would check your security settings.
What might be different now from when you first started?

I think the security settings are okay. I checked IE for the cookies thing and it matches up with what SR suggests. Are security settings a different issue?

toystoryduo
07-08-2008, 11:30 PM
dial up could be your issue since they recycle ip addresses frequently and possibly change them on you while you are connected. I know Janet has a terrible time when she is connected to AOL.

I didn't know dial up recycled ip addresses!:eek: I've been using dial up since I started on SR.

toystoryduo
07-08-2008, 11:31 PM
Yes get rid of the popup blocker.

Okay, I will give that a shot! (I'll have to figure out how first! ;) ) Thanks!:hugs:

toystoryduo
07-08-2008, 11:34 PM
Okay, I figured out how to turn off the pop up blocker on Net Zero.:banana: Would there be anywhere else where pop-ups would be blocked in IE?

Mom2aPrincess
07-08-2008, 11:41 PM
Have you read/tried the suggestions here?
http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/showthread.php?t=10565
http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/showthread.php?t=9648

Maybe they would help?

cglaura
07-08-2008, 11:41 PM
My IE has one in Tools ---> Pop Up Blocker.

What Anti Virus are you using and do you have SpyBot installed?

toystoryduo
07-08-2008, 11:57 PM
Have you read/tried the suggestions here?
http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/showthread.php?t=10565
http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/showthread.php?t=9648

Maybe they would help?

Thanks for sharing those!:hugs: I haven't tried the hints in the first post. I'll give that a try tomorrow.

The second one confused me a bit. I don't have issues with shopping crediting or being able to get on store websites. Would I need to makes those changes to the host file for offers not crediting?

Thanks again! :)

toystoryduo
07-08-2008, 11:58 PM
My IE has one in Tools ---> Pop Up Blocker.

What Anti Virus are you using and do you have SpyBot installed?

Thanks!:hugs: I turned the pop up blocker off in IE too.:)

I'm using Norton Anti Virus and AVG Anti Spyware.

Mom2aPrincess
07-08-2008, 11:59 PM
Thanks for sharing those!:hugs: I haven't tried the hints in the first post. I'll give that a try tomorrow.

The second one confused me a bit. I don't have issues with shopping crediting or being able to get on store websites. Would I need to makes those changes to the host file for offers not crediting?

Thanks again! :)

I wasn't sure, just thought I'd throw it out there just in case. Figured you never know what might help.

toystoryduo
07-09-2008, 12:01 AM
I wasn't sure, just thought I'd throw it out there just in case. Figured you never know what might help.

Thank you!:hugs: Do you think I should change it to get offers to credit?

cglaura
07-09-2008, 12:56 AM
Thanks!:hugs: I turned the pop up blocker off in IE too.:)

I'm using Norton Anti Virus and AVG Anti Spyware.

I'm not too familiar with them, but you might want to poke around in the settings to make sure there isn't any sort of auto cookie clearing or auto tracking cookie blocker. I think McAffee has one, but not sure about these.

You did check the cookies settings / third party accept, etc. settings in IE recently right? Sometimes mine get re-set with all the Windows updates. So whenever I do a Windows update (some have it auto update, but I like to do it myself), I check the settings to make sure they didn't go back to default settings.

ETA: Check here to make sure you don't have any sites blocked:

Tools ---> Internet Options ---> Privacy Tab on top ---> Sites button

toystoryduo
07-09-2008, 11:07 AM
I'm not too familiar with them, but you might want to poke around in the settings to make sure there isn't any sort of auto cookie clearing or auto tracking cookie blocker. I think McAffee has one, but not sure about these.

You did check the cookies settings / third party accept, etc. settings in IE recently right? Sometimes mine get re-set with all the Windows updates. So whenever I do a Windows update (some have it auto update, but I like to do it myself), I check the settings to make sure they didn't go back to default settings.

ETA: Check here to make sure you don't have any sites blocked:

Tools ---> Internet Options ---> Privacy Tab on top ---> Sites button

Yes, I did check the cookies settings last night and everything looks okay. I'll check Norton and AVG and see if there are any cookie blockers.

I did an offer in the fast crediting category this morning and so far, no credit. :(

faithhope
07-09-2008, 02:22 PM
If you used to get offers to credit...and now you are having problems... the question I'm asking is...what changed???

did you install any software (tool bars??) that could be interfering with the cookies?

Let us know how it goes... someone might have more suggestions on what to try. I hope you find the problem and get back in the SM lounge.

toystoryduo
07-10-2008, 10:00 PM
If you used to get offers to credit...and now you are having problems... the question I'm asking is...what changed???

did you install any software (tool bars??) that could be interfering with the cookies?

Let us know how it goes... someone might have more suggestions on what to try. I hope you find the problem and get back in the SM lounge.

I've been thinking about that myself. I don't think I have installed any software at all in the past year. I went back through my SR account and saw that I got lots of credits between April and November last year and now, they just trickle in....One or two per month.

I wonder if I should try to do an offer on my DH's laptop....Does anyone have any thoughts on that?

Thanks everyone for your help and advice! I really appreciate it!:hugs:

sammielynn
07-13-2008, 08:07 PM
Here is the hint that I think helped me the most. I have had a hard time getting things to credit lately and then I read the hint below and have had great luck today.
#1313175 Paid Signup: Pays2Shop - Online Mystery Shoppers 1.00 Credits 07/13/2008 Paid
#1313133 Paid Signup: Vindale Research 0.60 Credits 07/13/2008 Paid
#1313121 Paid Signup: ClipNGo Coupons 0.50 Credits 07/13/2008 Paid
#1313115 Paid Signup: Clash: ToysRUs (US) 0.50 Credits 07/13/2008 Paid
#1312998 Paid Signup: Pulmicort Respules 0.75 Credits 07/13/2008 Paid

The best hint:
Not letting the confirmation up for at least 10 minutes. When an offer is done, it will usually end with the offer saying ? Congratulations or Thank you for your purchase?. This is called the confirmation page and its best that you let this page sit on your screen for 5 mnutes at least, some recommend 10 minutes. This is the time that cookies are being tracked for credits so give it some time. Also, make sure that you don?t surf or open other website during this time as it can interfere also in tracking of cookies.

bs4free
07-13-2008, 08:23 PM
The best hint:
Not letting the confirmation up for at least 10 minutes. When an offer is done, it will usually end with the offer saying ? Congratulations or Thank you for your purchase?. This is called the confirmation page and its best that you let this page sit on your screen for 5 mnutes at least, some recommend 10 minutes. This is the time that cookies are being tracked for credits so give it some time. Also, make sure that you don?t surf or open other website during this time as it can interfere also in tracking of cookies.

Thanks for that Hint I will have to try that! :thanks::heart::sunshine:

andrea2289
07-13-2008, 09:08 PM
That is a great tip! Once I started doing this, I did notice things crediting better! Take your time, let each page fully load, and let the final confirmation page stay up for a bit!

sammielynn
07-14-2008, 09:33 AM
#1313751 Paid Signup: GENEROSITY - COACH PURSE 0.50 Credits 07/14/2008

toystoryduo
07-14-2008, 07:24 PM
The best hint:

Thanks for sharing this hint with us!:)I just tried two offers (Arca Max Politics and Yankee Candle MID) and let the confirmations sit for 10 minutes each. They haven't credited yet, but I am hoping they will credit on the hour.

toystoryduo
07-14-2008, 10:57 PM
It's been almost 3 hours now and I didn't get either one to credit. :( Any other suggestions?

askomsky
07-14-2008, 11:00 PM
It's been almost 3 hours now and I didn't get either one to credit. :( Any other suggestions?

If I remember correctly the Yankee candle is a manual credit. I'm not sure of the other one. Just remember if you haven't used a new email recently you may already be in their database.

sammielynn
07-14-2008, 11:17 PM
I would try a new e-mail address. I have a gmail address a yahoo address and they were getting old. I realized that I can have up to 11 e-mail addresses with my IP so I created a new one there just for SR. It seems to work better than the other ones.

toystoryduo
07-15-2008, 08:38 AM
I'll have to try a new e-mail address. Thanks for the suggestion!:thanks:

lilianddomsmom
07-15-2008, 09:48 AM
with the wshts and ones like that i keep going one or two pages past the thank you page than leave the page open for a few more minutes

llgray16
07-15-2008, 10:00 AM
Thanks for sharing this hint with us!:)I just tried two offers (Arca Max Politics and Yankee Candle MID) and let the confirmations sit for 10 minutes each. They haven't credited yet, but I am hoping they will credit on the hour.

Both of these offers definitely have confirm follow-up emails that you will have to click on. Did you click to confirm both of those?

toystoryduo
07-15-2008, 12:19 PM
Both of these offers definitely have confirm follow-up emails that you will have to click on. Did you click to confirm both of those?

Yes, I did click on the confirmation e-mails.

m 'n c
07-15-2008, 12:22 PM
Ugh! This thread is driving me nuts and I know it is driving you nuts! Something is definitely screwing with your cookies but I don't know what.

Let's start from scratch here and maybe if we all put our heads together we can get you going again:

Operating System:
Internet Provider:
Internet Connection type:
Email Type:
Toolbars installed if any:
Antivirus program:
Ccleaner installed? Y/N?
Spybot installed? Y/N?
Adaware installed? Y/N?
Internet Browser?

toystoryduo
07-15-2008, 12:27 PM
Thanks!:)

Operating System: Windows XP
Internet Provider: NetZero
Internet Connection type: Dial Up:blush:
Email Type: Yahoo (mainly), Hotmail (sometimes), Gmail (Occasionally)
Toolbars installed if any: Net Zero Taskbar....No toolbars to my knowledge
Antivirus program: Norton
Ccleaner installed? Yes
Spybot installed? No
Adaware installed? Yes
Internet Browser: Firefox for Surveys and Shopping, IE for Offers and Shopping

m 'n c
07-15-2008, 12:33 PM
Ok and correct me if I'm wrong but you are having no issues with Daily survey credits or shopping or some shopping?

m 'n c
07-15-2008, 12:34 PM
Do you do things at work or public locations other than your house? Do you get credit there if you do things?

toystoryduo
07-15-2008, 12:36 PM
Ok and correct me if I'm wrong but you are having no issues with Daily survey credits or shopping or some shopping?

Yep, both credit for me. Although, I have taken 4 OTX surveys and not one of them has credited.

m 'n c
07-15-2008, 12:43 PM
Ok so DS goes by user id not cookies. OTX is cookie based. hmm... Let me do some more thinking/looking.

jnorth1007
07-15-2008, 12:45 PM
It sure does sound like a cookie issue. Can you go in to your browser security settings and see what sites are being blocked? If you can clear that out and leave no sites in there and see if it makes a difference. Although shopping uses cookies I think it is a different type of program and so it might explain why only shopping and things not cookie related are crediting.

toystoryduo
07-15-2008, 12:46 PM
Do you do things at work or public locations other than your house? Do you get credit there if you do things?

I usually only do SR on my home computer. My DH does have a laptop that I used a couple of times last year, but that's it.

jnorth1007
07-15-2008, 12:46 PM
Can you use myip.com or something similar to check what your ip is with netzero. Then close it and do some things and go back and check it again and make sure that it is showing up the same each time.

toystoryduo
07-15-2008, 12:51 PM
It sure does sound like a cookie issue. Can you go in to your browser security settings and see what sites are being blocked? If you can clear that out and leave no sites in there and see if it makes a difference. Although shopping uses cookies I think it is a different type of program and so it might explain why only shopping and things not cookie related are crediting.

I checked IE....I don't have any sites blocked. I went to tool---internet options---security---and restricted sites and nothing was listed there.

toystoryduo
07-15-2008, 12:54 PM
Can you use myip.com or something similar to check what your ip is with netzero. Then close it and do some things and go back and check it again and make sure that it is showing up the same each time.

How do I go about doing this? I went to myip.com and a list of options came up...Not sure which one to use.

m 'n c
07-15-2008, 12:55 PM
ok 2 more questions for the time being: how long have you been with net zero and is it a dial up accelerator service?

m 'n c
07-15-2008, 12:55 PM
try www.whatismyip.com

lrsellars
07-15-2008, 12:56 PM
type in http://www.ipchicken.com/ and this will give you your ip address. Then follow the steps above - close your program, open it up again, and check ipchicken again and see if the numbers are the same.

toystoryduo
07-15-2008, 12:56 PM
ok 2 more questions for the time being: how long have you been with net zero and is it a dial up accelerator service?

We've been with NetZero for awhile....Before I signed up with SR. (Not sure exactly how long.) Yes, the dial up has a high speed service and we do currently use it.

toystoryduo
07-15-2008, 12:58 PM
try www.whatismyip.com

Thanks! I tried this out and it's showing two addresses. Is that normal?

toystoryduo
07-15-2008, 01:00 PM
type in http://www.ipchicken.com/ and this will give you your ip address. Then follow the steps above - close your program, open it up again, and check ipchicken again and see if the numbers are the same.

I tried this too and it showed a different IP!:confused:

m 'n c
Thanks! I tried this out and it's showing two addresses. Is that normal?

No you should only have 1 address and it shouldn't change. What happens if you refresh? Does it change? What about if you refresh after 1 minute? 5 minutes? etc.

jnorth1007
No that is your problem. You ip is changing with each thing you do and it means that they can't track your cookies. You need to see if maybe netzero can offer you a static ip that doesn't change. If they can't you might want to try without the accelerator thingy. I don't know anything about them but it may need to change the ips in order to get it to move faster. Try turning it off and checking ips and see if they are the same or if they are still different.

m 'n c
07-15-2008, 01:08 PM
Man their website is unhelpful! I would try giving them a phone call or online chat if that is available to just ask about how the ip address works. It may or may not be your problem but it would be good to figure out our next plan of action.

toystoryduo
07-15-2008, 01:08 PM
No you should only have 1 address and it shouldn't change. What happens if you refresh? Does it change? What about if you refresh after 1 minute? 5 minutes? etc.

I tried this and the IPs (still two of them) stayed the same using whatismyip.com. When I use IP Chicken, the IP address shown is similar to the second one on whatismyip, but the last three digits are different.

toystoryduo
07-15-2008, 01:17 PM
Man their website is unhelpful! I would try giving them a phone call or online chat if that is available to just ask about how the ip address works. It may or may not be your problem but it would be good to figure out our next plan of action.

They want a $1.95 a minute to talk to someone!:eek:I can't find the answers on their site either. :( I'll try and e-mail them.

m 'n c
07-15-2008, 01:19 PM
They want a $1.95 a minute to talk to someone!:eek:I can't find the answers on their site either. :( I'll try and e-mail them.

Eww! maybe your contract will be up soon??

toystoryduo
07-15-2008, 01:25 PM
Eww! maybe your contract will be up soon??

It's currently a month to month contract. I did send an e-mail and they said the response time would be about 6 hours. :(

Another quick question.....The total in my signature banner is not the same as my actual total with SR. Does the cookie thing have something to do with that? I think when I add everything up, I've made over $400 and my banner isn't reflecting that.

Thanks everyone for your help!:hugs:

m 'n c
07-15-2008, 01:27 PM
The banners update automatically each night. It's not real-time so everyone's should be off if they are receiving credits if that makes sense.

toystoryduo
07-15-2008, 01:28 PM
The banners update automatically each night. It's not real-time so everyone's should be off if they are receiving credits if that makes sense.

It does make sense!:)Thank you for all of your help!:hugs:

m 'n c
07-15-2008, 01:30 PM
Good luck with netzero. I hope it doesn't take 6 hours to respond but it's better than 24 or 48 hours i guess. I think AT&T was running a 14.99 DSL special if you need an alternative.

toystoryduo
07-15-2008, 02:38 PM
I GOT CREDIT!!!!!!:party:

#1315588 Paid Signup: MyInsiderDeals - Clorox Bleach Pen 0.65 Credits 07/15/2008 Paid

Basically, I turned the high speed off, used one of my Gmail accounts that I haven't used much, clicked the confirmations, and let them sit for awhile. I'm not sure which one worked, but I am super duper excited!:party:

Thanks again everyone!!:hugs:

m 'n c
07-15-2008, 02:41 PM
yay!!! I would try a few more with the high speed off and see what happens. I wonder if that is giving you the 2nd ip.

toystoryduo
07-15-2008, 02:42 PM
yay!!! I would try a few more with the high speed off and see what happens. I wonder if that is giving you the 2nd ip.

I'm going to clear cookies and try a couple more without the high speed. :cooldance:Thanks again!:thanks:

m 'n c
07-15-2008, 02:52 PM
No problem. I just hope this is the answer to your troubles.

toystoryduo
07-15-2008, 04:15 PM
I got two more offers to credit!!!!!!!!:party:

#1315672 Paid Signup: ClipNGo - $1500 Cash 1.30 Credits 07/15/2008 Paid
#1315639 Paid Signup: Home Depot - Moving In 0.60 Credits 07/15/2008 Paid

I am so excited!!!!!:party: Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!:sunshine:

m 'n c
07-15-2008, 04:21 PM
Awesome! Thankfully we now know the answer and can help others who might have this issue later down the road.

jnorth1007
07-15-2008, 04:22 PM
Catherine can you solve my issue now? :angel::computer:

m 'n c
07-15-2008, 04:23 PM
Catherine can you solve my issue now? :angel::computer:

What now? You are just one big issue. :p

toystoryduo
07-15-2008, 05:14 PM
#1315712 Paid Signup: Together RX 1.00 Credits 07/15/2008 Paid

I got another one!!!:cooldance: I really think that the hi speed accelerator with the Net Zero was causing the problem. Since I turned it off, the internet is slower, but things are crediting for me!:party:

Going to try an OTX soon......