PDA

View Full Version : B&N

MooseBrains
07-11-2008, 03:19 PM
I got an email from B&N and preordered a book. It won't ship until August and I won't be billed until then.

This morning I went DUH I should have gone throught SR for my order.

Can I cancel it on B&N since it has not even billed or shipped and then come back here and order it?

Hedy
07-11-2008, 03:25 PM
Let me guess...the fourth Twilight book? :D

m 'n c
07-11-2008, 03:36 PM
No I don't think B&N will allow that. I think once you place your order it gets sent to the warehouse and its out of their hands. Better luck next time I guess.

mjjmbnmm
07-11-2008, 03:51 PM
I have placed an order and canceled with them before, log on to your account and check order status if they haven't proceesed it yet there should be a cancel oerder button. (If they haven't changed anything) good luck.

missangie
07-11-2008, 06:15 PM
This is actually one of those instances where they may track your direct visit and order and not commission a visit with a duplicate order through SR. Many merchants are cracking down on where you originate. Since they know that you are willing to place an order directly with them, why would they want to then issue commission on an order you placed through us? They issue credit to us for sending them a customer. If they have any reason to believe that you would have been a customer without us, they aren't willing to pay to get you. Does that make sense? I'd recommend that you keep your order with them and remember to originate here next time.

mmm611
07-11-2008, 06:22 PM
Maybe if you cancel and reorder in like a week or two it might work?

m 'n c
07-11-2008, 06:28 PM
Maybe if you cancel and reorder in like a week or two it might work?

Based on what Angie is saying I would just let it go this time since companies do notice and track your orders. I get emails all the freaking time from Amazon recommending or asking about my orders that were a long time ago and I know they are not unique in their methods and marketing/advertising.

MooseBrains
07-12-2008, 10:43 AM
I will just let it go. I was wondering because nothing is going to happen with them until mid august when the new passporter comes out. I thought because of the time frame I could cancel and wait until then to order.

Thanks for letting me know and I can't believe I forgot to check here first!