PDA

View Full Version : Magazine Discount Center?

mom2ian
07-15-2008, 01:31 PM
Has anyone ordered from Magazine Discount Center and actually received their magazines? I ordered a gift subscription for my nephew's birthday and they still haven't received the first issue. I ordered in April, it said 6-10 weeks, I know an issue came out in June since we get the magazine (ordered somewhere else) and they haven't received it.

I emailed them a few weeks ago asking about the subscription and never received a response (their site says they will answer in 2 days), I've also tried calling and their system hangs up after you've been on hold a few minutes.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had any problems?

mirandag819
07-15-2008, 01:45 PM
I ordered Men's Health from them for DH and thought it would never come. I was getting ready to call my credit card company and file a chargeback when 2 finanally showed up. I ordered the first week in April and it finally arrived like a week ago. It was kind of wierd, last months and this months issues arrived on the same day.

kimntrent
07-15-2008, 01:47 PM
Yes I have. I bought a gift subscription to Missy Mouse for her secret pal final gift and she just got her first one this month.

sunshinecindy
07-15-2008, 01:56 PM
I've ordered a bunch from them. If you don't get it by August 1, open a TT, give me all the details. I know the AM, I'll call him and see whats going on.

askomsky
07-15-2008, 01:57 PM
I just ordered last month a renewal on one magazine and a new one. I haven't received any yet but it's still early. I will look on my one for renewal to see if it did actual renew when it comes.

mom2ian
07-15-2008, 02:46 PM
I've ordered a bunch from them. If you don't get it by August 1, open a TT, give me all the details. I know the AM, I'll call him and see whats going on.

Thank you!

And thanks for everyone else's experience. Luckily my nephew is 3 so he doesn't know the difference, but I want to make sure he gets what I paid for.

mseg16222
07-15-2008, 02:54 PM
I have ordered a good deal from them and have always received but it does take awhile.

mom2ian
07-16-2008, 03:05 PM
I ended up emailing them again yesterday after I couldn't get through on the phone and I did actually get something back today saying they are looking in to it.

ETA: I got another email saying the magazine is starting with the September issue. I'm glad to finally hear back from them, but wow! that is a long time to start the initial issue.