PDA

View Full Version : shutterfly offer

PixieDust09
07-16-2008, 01:25 PM
I just placed an order on shutterfly (following the email I received saying I'd get 50 free prints and an 11x17 print) then I realized it said the offer expired after 7 days from the email date (which has passed). When I went under the shutterfly section on this site, it said all new people on shutterfly will get a $4 credit, will I still get the $4 even though the email said it would expire? Does this make sense? lol Any info would be appreciated!

:thanks:

disney_girl
07-16-2008, 01:28 PM
As long as you are a new customer to Shutterfly and used the SR link to make your purchase you should receive the $4.

PixieDust09
07-16-2008, 01:47 PM
As long as you are a new customer to Shutterfly and used the SR link to make your purchase you should receive the $4.

oh good! any idea of how long it would take to get the credit? or possibly a way of tracking that SR knows at least? i did use the link from the email SR sent me but i'm not sure how they'd know i placed the order.

m 'n c
07-16-2008, 01:48 PM
When you shop a cookie is "deposited" on your computer and then once you are done shopping the merchant "reads or looks for" your cookie. Then if they find it (which they should unless you clear your cookies too fast) they report back to SR and you get the credit within 10 days.

PixieDust09
07-16-2008, 01:55 PM
so should i not clear my cookies for the next few days?

*sorry for asking so many questions! i'm a little new (and slow) to this stuff! :)

m 'n c
07-16-2008, 02:07 PM
No totally ok to ask questions. I try to find ways to describe things so that it is easy to understand so I hope that is ok (not trying to talk down to anyone around here).

Usually my rule of thumb is let my cookie sit for a few hours and then I clear and go on my happy way of surveys/offers and such. Most merchants do this entire process within a few hours. If I get really parinoid (which I have) due to a large order or something I'll wait until I go to bed to shop so it sits overnight before I can clear cookies again.

If you want to start on your surveys or a few crazy credit offers you should be ok to do a few before clearing cookies again.

PixieDust09
07-16-2008, 02:09 PM
ok good! thanks so much! $4 is a lot so i don't wanna miss out on that!! AND it helps me put a teeny dent in the amount of pictures i have to print! :)

m 'n c
07-16-2008, 02:18 PM
Well make sure to check out some of the other photo offers as well. One thing to note with them is that many require you order a few above the free number of prints - I don't know who but there are some - so just make sure when you sign up you claim all the free credits and then order some additional ones so you will get your rewards. If you use the search feature in the forums for the specific offers/sites you can read how people ended up liking them and how they credited.

sammielynn
07-16-2008, 02:21 PM
Be careful with the time it takes to upload pictures. I uploaded a bunch, took around an hour. I might upload then close the connection and then sign back in to purchase your pictures.

mollyeilis
07-16-2008, 03:11 PM
When you shop a cookie is "deposited" on your computer and then once you are done shopping the merchant "reads or looks for" your cookie. Then if they find it (which they should unless you clear your cookies too fast) they report back to SR and you get the credit within 10 days.

Catherine, that's the best way I've read you describe it. You should create a whole thread of simple stuff like that!!!!* Very nice!

*unless you already have but I haven't found it in my sporadic rooting around and reading stickies, in which case send me the linkielink!

PixieDust09
07-18-2008, 12:49 PM
still nothing! is it safe to reset my cookies now?

sammielynn
07-18-2008, 02:18 PM
I think you would be fine. This one takes some time to credit, just hang in.

PixieDust09
07-21-2008, 02:09 PM
WOO HOO it credited today!! AND I got my pics...which by the way i am very unhappy with shutterfly's photo quality, i printed pics from this camera on the same setting and got crystal clear pics but with shutterfly they're all pixelated! grrr. but i got my $4 anyway!

m 'n c
07-21-2008, 02:12 PM
WOO HOO it credited today!! AND I got my pics...which by the way i am very unhappy with shutterfly's photo quality, i printed pics from this camera on the same setting and got crystal clear pics but with shutterfly they're all pixelated! grrr. but i got my $4 anyway!

Oh no! I always hear that Shutterfly has the best printing quality. I haven't tried them before so that is disheartening as they are on my list of people to try out. You might contact them to see if they can reprint for you to see if it was a one time thing or consistent issue with them.

Glad you got your credits :banana:

PixieDust09
07-21-2008, 02:36 PM
Oh no! I always hear that Shutterfly has the best printing quality. I haven't tried them before so that is disheartening as they are on my list of people to try out. You might contact them to see if they can reprint for you to see if it was a one time thing or consistent issue with them.

Glad you got your credits :banana:

I actually have used shutterfly to print a photo book in the past and have had the same problem (and the photos i used were from my professional wedding photographer's camera) but since it was a printed book and the pages were a little bigger than a 4x6, i wasn't too concerned about it. i just think a 4x6 should be crystal clear especially when i'm using a professional grade camera with a high resolution (and have printed them on kiosks in the past with perfect results). i did actually send them an email voicing my opinion on it but they do send a memo with the photos saying they may not be the best quality because of low resolution (obviously not the case in my situation) so they covered their butts on that. i have used snapfish in the past and have had no issues at all so i think i'll be using them along with the kiosks for now on. but again, it was worth the $4 especially since all i paid for was shipping!