PDA

View Full Version : Our Disney Crafts

Mom2aPrincess
07-27-2008, 02:10 AM
Our trip is getting close so we are in overdrive here creating our Disney items. I'm posting on my blog, but also thought I'd share here.

Hats. I was going to order from VistaPrint but was worried they wouldn't print the Disney designs.

http://www.allaboutkimberly.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/hats.jpg

Mom2aPrincess
07-27-2008, 02:15 AM
We are trying to make suitcases unique so we can spot them at the airport.

http://www.allaboutkimberly.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/glittercases.jpg

Mom2aPrincess
07-27-2008, 02:24 AM
Luggage Tags. We always seem to need these as I tag all suitcases, park bags, camera bags...anything! :)

http://www.allaboutkimberly.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/tags1.jpg

And the other side:
http://www.allaboutkimberly.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/tags2.jpg

Mom2aPrincess
07-27-2008, 02:35 AM
I actually bought tshirts this time around from Disney online and the outlet in Round Rock, and when Becka realized I didn't intend to do custom shirts she was really disappointed. I couldn't stand it so I headed out and bought us all a pkg of men's undershirts and a pkg of iron on transfers and we are making a few shirts....

Cameron's Shirts:
http://www.allaboutkimberly.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/camsshirts.jpg

Mom2aPrincess
07-27-2008, 02:42 AM
A Closer Look at the shirts. These two designs we made matching for all three of us:

http://www.allaboutkimberly.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/rainbow.jpg

http://www.allaboutkimberly.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/pirateprincess.jpg

Mom2aPrincess
07-27-2008, 02:47 AM
Since I'm not truly happy with either candidate this time....how about a little support for those we do love? Here are our Election 2008 shirts:

http://www.allaboutkimberly.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/electjiminy.jpg

http://www.allaboutkimberly.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/electmickey.jpg

http://www.allaboutkimberly.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/electtink.jpg

Mom2aPrincess
07-27-2008, 02:54 AM
And our final set for tonight. Our Life is good Series:

http://www.allaboutkimberly.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/jiminylife.jpg

http://www.allaboutkimberly.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/tinklife.jpg

http://www.allaboutkimberly.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/minnielifeshirt.jpg

PSL1013
07-27-2008, 08:17 AM
Wow, you are very talented and creative!!! Nice job! :heart:

askomsky
07-27-2008, 08:47 AM
AWESOME Kimberly!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bet everyone had fun making them! Your going to look great!!!!

mseg16222
07-27-2008, 08:50 AM
Everything is awesome that you have done for Disney

Sunni
07-27-2008, 08:52 AM
Wow Kimberly! Great job! :clap: I love all your projects. It must have been fun to do. You all will be styling!

Wendi63
07-27-2008, 08:54 AM
Very, very nice. Love the tshirts!

Mom2aPrincess
07-27-2008, 10:24 AM
Wow, you are very talented and creative!!! Nice job! :heart:

AWESOME Kimberly!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bet everyone had fun making them! Your going to look great!!!!

Everything is awesome that you have done for Disney

Thanks everyone. I've got one more design I'm working on for the iron ons and then we are going to start working on doing some Mickey tie dyed shirts....

chipndale
07-27-2008, 10:36 AM
Nice Job! Are you for hire? My kids have been wanting me to do shirts but I just don't seem to have the time or creative talents to do it. Yours are beautiful!

Mom2aPrincess
07-27-2008, 10:43 AM
Nice Job! Are you for hire? My kids have been wanting me to do shirts but I just don't seem to have the time or creative talents to do it. Yours are beautiful!

I'm actually thinking of putting our next project on ebay if it goes well, but since I use a lot of the design for the iron ons from the DISboards couldn't really do it for hire...I have tweaked some of the designs, but they all started with their originals. It does become timely though still to go through all their designs, edit, and purchase supplies. The actual making though is pretty quick. Cameron (my dd7) actually did all of hers on her own.

cglaura
07-27-2008, 10:50 AM
Those are great! I wish I had the crafty gene :)

Where did you find the holders for the luggage tags? I think I could manage that one!

catnapfan
07-27-2008, 10:51 AM
Kimberly- you've inspired me! I just dug out all my crafting supplies and am starting on luggage tags, magnets and window decorations. I was planning on doing these anyway but figured I had plenty of time yet. Your designs have really put me in the Disney mood! I wish I could do t-shirts also, but there's no way DH and DS13 would wear them. Anyway, I think there will be no housework done today because as my DS always says- "Mom's on the pixie dust again!"

Mom2aPrincess
07-27-2008, 10:55 AM
Those are great! I wish I had the crafty gene :)

Where did you find the holders for the luggage tags? I think I could manage that one!

I found ours at Hobby Lobby (a local craft store). They were in the area with the small machines that make stickers, laminate, etc...what they are called is escaping my mind this morning.

Kimberly- you've inspired me! I just dug out all my crafting supplies and am starting on luggage tags, magnets and window decorations. I was planning on doing these anyway but figured I had plenty of time yet. Your designs have really put me in the Disney mood! I wish I could do t-shirts also, but there's no way DH and DS13 would wear them. Anyway, I think there will be no housework done today because as my DS always says- "Mom's on the pixie dust again!"

Yea!! Cameron went to church with my grandmother this morning, but she was quick to want to know if we'd be getting back to work when she got home. :)

amarazas
07-27-2008, 03:37 PM
I love the T-shirts! How did you do them? I really like the election shirts!

It looks like a lot of fun!

Mom2aPrincess
07-27-2008, 03:42 PM
I love the T-shirts! How did you do them? I really like the election shirts!

It looks like a lot of fun!

They are just iron on transfers. I buy Avery Tshirt Transfers from Walmart, Target...wherever we are, and then print the designs on that paper. Then we just follow the simple directions inside the paper package and iron them on our shirts. We've done them for both trips we've made to Disney so far. They always get lots of great comments.

pbhall13
07-27-2008, 04:32 PM
Kimberly

Love Love Love It.........I am going to do some of the luggage tags...you have inspired me......now to just go thru all the designs on the DIS (that is definately what takes forever)

I might even try to do som tank tops for the girls.......

Thanks for sharing

Pamela

Mom2aPrincess
07-27-2008, 06:27 PM
Kimberly

Love Love Love It.........I am going to do some of the luggage tags...you have inspired me......now to just go thru all the designs on the DIS (that is definately what takes forever)

I might even try to do som tank tops for the girls.......

Thanks for sharing

Pamela

The tags were so easy. I can't believe how much I've struggled with making luggage tags in the past.

schaery
07-27-2008, 11:22 PM
Love the Mickey for President Tshirt. REally creative, and I'm sure much less expensive than buying at WDW. And for those of us who aren't so talented, you can go to zazzle.com and make custom tshirts, too. I think I remember seeing that they're an SR merchant, too. Made WDW tshirts for our 10th Anniv. trip last year that I was really pleased with.

Mom2aPrincess
07-27-2008, 11:30 PM
Love the Mickey for President Tshirt. REally creative, and I'm sure much less expensive than buying at WDW. And for those of us who aren't so talented, you can go to zazzle.com and make custom tshirts, too. I think I remember seeing that they're an SR merchant, too. Made WDW tshirts for our 10th Anniv. trip last year that I was really pleased with.

Yep...much cheaper than anything from WDW or the printing companies. Shirts $2 each, transfers about .75 cents a shirt...Even adding in the price of ink each shirt is less than $5!

And you really don't have to be creative if you visit the Creative DISigns. :)

zoodoyle
07-27-2008, 11:57 PM
Very impressive!! I made a feeble attempt at doing some tie-dye mickey shirts, and they came out ok, but not that great. Someday I hope to try a bit more - but I am NOT a creative/artistic person at all. All of your crafts look great!!! :sunshine:

Mom2aPrincess
07-28-2008, 12:01 AM
Very impressive!! I made a feeble attempt at doing some tie-dye mickey shirts, and they came out ok, but not that great. Someday I hope to try a bit more - but I am NOT a creative/artistic person at all. All of your crafts look great!!! :sunshine:

Thanks. I planned to start our attempt at making Tie-Dyed Mickey shirts today but the girls both ending up running around so we've put it off til tomorrow. (I'll be sure to post those -good or bad)

luvdisney00
07-30-2008, 01:00 PM
WOW! I love your crafts, I wish I could do it, but I doubt I could. Great job!

29apr00
08-01-2008, 04:17 PM
everything looks great!! how did you do the hats, iron on transfers like the shirts??

Blessing and Miracle
08-01-2008, 05:23 PM
Oh, Kimberly, I love all of it! You're such an awesome mom!!!! You know it's not many mothers who would take the time to do that for and with there children.:clap:

I need to get back into doing other crafts like that. I use to make T-Shirts, Barrettes, Wreaths, and just about any and everything. But once I was diagnosed with Leukemia my crafting shifted to scrapping. I wanted to make sure my family had plenty of memories! Now, it's just a habit! :D

Thanks for the encouragement! Again, awesome job!

Mom2aPrincess
08-01-2008, 10:35 PM
everything looks great!! how did you do the hats, iron on transfers like the shirts??

Yes, and it was quite tricky, but by the time I got to the third one I had figured it out...the tricky part was getting the hat and iron on to be smooth and not wrinkle up during the actual ironing process....

Oh, Kimberly, I love all of it! You're such an awesome mom!!!! You know it's not many mothers who would take the time to do that for and with there children.:clap:

I need to get back into doing other crafts like that. I use to make T-Shirts, Barrettes, Wreaths, and just about any and everything. But once I was diagnosed with Leukemia my crafting shifted to scrapping. I wanted to make sure my family had plenty of memories! Now, it's just a habit! :D

Thanks for the encouragement! Again, awesome job!

Thanks so much Lisa...that means a whole lot - and especially today...it's been a rougher one and your kind words have made me smile.

ligrumpygirl
08-01-2008, 10:52 PM
Thanks. I planned to start our attempt at making Tie-Dyed Mickey shirts today but the girls both ending up running around so we've put it off til tomorrow. (I'll be sure to post those -good or bad)

I have done the tie dye shirts...I love the way they look!!!! The CMs always ask us about them.

Mom2aPrincess
08-01-2008, 11:05 PM
I have done the tie dye shirts...I love the way they look!!!! The CMs always ask us about them.

Really? And they turned out ok? I'm so nervous about doing them!

We've traced and sewed the mickey heads and have them rubber banded behind the gathering....

Next is soaking in soda ash and then we'll start the actual coloring...Planning to do it Sunday after church as Becka is going to spend the next few days with her parents..I hate waiting to the last minute, but know that her parents want to see her since I'll have her totally away for our vacation

ligrumpygirl
08-02-2008, 09:18 AM
Really? And they turned out ok? I'm so nervous about doing them!

We've traced and sewed the mickey heads and have them rubber banded behind the gathering....

Next is soaking in soda ash and then we'll start the actual coloring...Planning to do it Sunday after church as Becka is going to spend the next few days with her parents..I hate waiting to the last minute, but know that her parents want to see her since I'll have her totally away for our vacation

I only traced and rubber banded the mickey heads. I never sewed them. Let me know how they come out. Just remember to do the mickey head first. Then put baggies around that section so it won't bleed. Not sure if that is in the directions..but it helped us!

Mom2aPrincess
08-02-2008, 10:14 AM
I only traced and rubber banded the mickey heads. I never sewed them. Let me know how they come out. Just remember to do the mickey head first. Then put baggies around that section so it won't bleed. Not sure if that is in the directions..but it helped us!

Ohhh...well we sewed outside the mickey head and then pulled the stitch really tight and banded under the gathering....

My directions do say to use the baggies but thanks for the tip...I think that will make a big difference.

Blessing and Miracle
08-03-2008, 01:02 AM
Oh, Kimberly I'm sorry you had a rough day. I hope tomorrow is better! :hugs::heart:

Mom2aPrincess
08-03-2008, 10:27 AM
Oh, Kimberly I'm sorry you had a rough day. I hope tomorrow is better! :hugs::heart:

Thanks Lisa and yes, everything is back to being good now. Just a short day in a slump.