PDA

View Full Version : Auction: Kit and American Girl doll

Iteach
07-29-2008, 09:03 PM
The auction for Kit, an American Girl doll ends in just 2 days and right now the winning bid is $37.50. That is a complete steal and the money is going for such a great cause, The American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund. This would make a great gift for any little girl, so come on and bid! You will make some little sweetheart very happy!

gpp2001
07-29-2008, 10:27 PM
Shhhh!! I'm winning - don't tell anyone!!! Just keep bidding - I have endless resources!!! I can outbid you all!!! Ha ha Ha !!! :D

Mom2aPrincess
07-29-2008, 11:00 PM
I would have loved to have gotten in on this (especially since Cameron now has her heart set on one), but alas, I cashed out for our Disney trip. Good luck everyone though, and keep bidding for such a great cause!

wilsonfamily4
07-29-2008, 11:03 PM
SHOOT! I wished you had reminded me yesterday before I cashed out. I only have a few bucks left. Though I am not sure I had enough before either. I wish I could use regular money tobid on this. My DD6 would love it.

jenvance
07-30-2008, 09:30 AM
SHOOT! I wished you had reminded me yesterday before I cashed out. I only have a few bucks left. Though I am not sure I had enough before either. I wish I could use regular money tobid on this. My DD6 would love it.

Me too. I forgot all about this! :(

Candi
07-30-2008, 11:44 AM
I am so glad you reminded me. I was wanting to bid on it.

deana
07-31-2008, 01:40 PM
bumping up!

deana
07-31-2008, 07:19 PM
I really think this is a "steal" and the money is going to a great fund.

iluvamystery89
07-31-2008, 10:07 PM
who won?

mia214jia
07-31-2008, 10:09 PM
At 8 sec. to go somebody got thier bid in quicker! Now that was fun you all.

askomsky
07-31-2008, 10:09 PM
I don't know it was down to me and Pam, it looks like it's deducted from my acct but I don't know how else to tell for sure. I jumped it up quite a bit and was shocked to see Pam outbid me with 3 secs left I hit the button as fast as I could! :) DD will be 6 in Sept and this would be her very first AG doll!

pbhall13
07-31-2008, 10:12 PM
April

You son of a gun.......Sydney is going to kill me in morning!!!

I kept clicking and then it froze at the last second! good for you.....your daughter is going to love it!!!!! (trust me Sydney will be fine...she has over 5 AG dolls...we are going to order Kit and Her best friend anyway...sydney has saved up!)

Have fun with the doll...........but be careful....it becomes an addiction for the girls (and the mom too!)

Pamela

iluvamystery89
07-31-2008, 10:13 PM
congrats! i put in a couple of bids in the last minute but you guys are just too fast for me! i hope your DD enjoys it! my DD LOVED the movie and can't wait for it to come out on DVD.

deana
07-31-2008, 10:13 PM
April, Did you win?!??! I was bidding on this earlier tonight but was out of the house and did not make it back by 10. When I left the bid was at 54? How high did it go? Congrats if you won!!! DD has 2 AG girls (Marisol - a dancer, doll of the year in 2006 and Jess, doll of 2007) Your daughter will be so excited!

askomsky
07-31-2008, 10:18 PM
April

You son of a gun.......Sydney is going to kill me in morning!!!

I kept clicking and then it froze at the last second! good for you.....your daughter is going to love it!!!!! (trust me Sydney will be fine...she has over 5 AG dolls...we are going to order Kit and Her best friend anyway...sydney has saved up!)

Have fun with the doll...........but be careful....it becomes an addiction for the girls (and the mom too!)

Pamela
lol I was dying bc at 13 seconds I bumped it from 74 or something like that right up to 88.5 and when I went back with 3 seconds left you had already bid 89 so I just hit submit as fast as I could and then the screen took forever to load and of course when I went back it was gone! I had to go look in my earnings to see if it actually disappeared.

I know she'll love it, she loves Felicity that my cousin has, I could justify spending my SR money on a doll like that but couldn't explain spending that on a doll to DH... :) Maybe once he see's it and see's her with it, it'll be a different story.

congrats! i put in a couple of bids in the last minute but you guys are just too fast for me! i hope your DD enjoys it! my DD LOVED the movie and can't wait for it to come out on DVD.
lol My fingers were itching, I'm planning on taking her to see the movie next week.

April, Did you win?!??! I was bidding on this earlier tonight but was out of the house and did not make it back by 10. When I left the bid was at 54? How high did it go? Congrats if you won!!! DD has 2 AG girls (Marisol - a dancer, doll of the year in 2006 and Jess, doll of 2007) Your daughter will be so excited!

I'm pretty sure I did, I think it went at 89.50. How pathetic is this? We were upstate in Shamokin at my aunt's house. I wasn't sure if I was going to leave tonight or tomorrow morning (it depended on my grandfather and BIL) when I found out what was going on I decided to leave tonight. I was rushing the kids in the car at 7pm so I would make it home in enough time to bid! :) I even checked to make sure my aunt's computer would let me on in case I Had to bid from her house.

deana
07-31-2008, 10:28 PM
I'm pretty sure I did, I think it went at 89.50. How pathetic is this? We were upstate in Shamokin at my aunt's house. I wasn't sure if I was going to leave tonight or tomorrow morning (it depended on my grandfather and BIL) when I found out what was going on I decided to leave tonight. I was rushing the kids in the car at 7pm so I would make it home in enough time to bid! :) I even checked to make sure my aunt's computer would let me on in case I Had to bid from her house.

April, Congratulations!!! DD and I were just reading your post...too funny how you had to race to get to a computer!!! I am happy that it ended up going for retail price and not less.... that money is going to a great cause. Let us know when you are giving it to DD and how she reacts. :)

askomsky
07-31-2008, 10:33 PM
April, Congratulations!!! DD and I were just reading your post...too funny how you had to race to get to a computer!!! I am happy that it ended up going for retail price and not less.... that money is going to a great cause. Let us know when you are giving it to DD and how she reacts. :)

Exactly! Which was another reason why I didnt' mind using my SR money, I'm glad the charity is making out!

I'll make sure I take pictures when she gets it mid Sept for her bday and post them for you!

pbhall13
07-31-2008, 10:35 PM
April......

My heart just stopped racing.........I love those last minute bidding wars (I remember when Sydney was 1 and our church had a silent auction for bitty bear and friends tea party table/chairs/friends) I had to have it.....and she was only 1 (by the way they were part of the the bitty baby line) I won....and I felt so bad because the other littel girl who wanted it was almost 3 so she knew what it was.....but my craziness took over...needless to say the girls still play with the set today!!

You got a great deal.....with shipping etc....it would have cost you over $120

I hear you about the SR money.........good for you!

askomsky
07-31-2008, 10:48 PM
April......

My heart just stopped racing.........I love those last minute bidding wars (I remember when Sydney was 1 and our church had a silent auction for bitty bear and friends tea party table/chairs/friends) I had to have it.....and she was only 1 (by the way they were part of the the bitty baby line) I won....and I felt so bad because the other littel girl who wanted it was almost 3 so she knew what it was.....but my craziness took over...needless to say the girls still play with the set today!!

You got a great deal.....with shipping etc....it would have cost you over $120

I hear you about the SR money.........good for you!

I hear ya, my heart was thumpin! lol

Yeah I had a number in my head I was willing to go up to. I wasn't going to place a bid at all in the last 10 mins (until it was under a minute) but I wanted to see how fast it would take me back to the page so I could re-bid if I had to. THen the bidding just got to me and I had to keep going! :)
I think I won the SR towels too at $4. Hoping to drum up business at the YMCA in the morning! lol

I was willing to go up to $100 - 105 maybe more! :)

pbhall13
07-31-2008, 11:04 PM
I hear ya, my heart was thumpin! lol

Yeah I had a number in my head I was willing to go up to. I wasn't going to place a bid at all in the last 10 mins (until it was under a minute) but I wanted to see how fast it would take me back to the page so I could re-bid if I had to. THen the bidding just got to me and I had to keep going! :)
I think I won the SR towels too at $4. Hoping to drum up business at the YMCA in the morning! lol

I was willing to go up to $100 - 105 maybe more! :)

You even got MY TOWELS!!! Oh you're killing me tonight.........I was wondering who go the towels........I was the bidder until 30 minutes before, but didn't even look at it since I had to concentrate on Kit.......

you pulled the the rug...I mean towels....right out from under me!

I'll have to exercise my fingers for the next auction.

Pamela

askomsky
07-31-2008, 11:12 PM
You even got MY TOWELS!!! Oh you're killing me tonight.........I was wondering who go the towels........I was the bidder until 30 minutes before, but didn't even look at it since I had to concentrate on Kit.......

you pulled the the rug...I mean towels....right out from under me!

I'll have to exercise my fingers for the next auction.

Pamela

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I was actually shocked you didn't see that I outbid you on the rugs opps towels... :) But your right since they were ending at the same time I didn't pay attention to them the last 5 mins.